Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally unconfirmed House-destruction rumor

ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
You can rename your house to remove the word "abandoned" from the title.

Some speculate that was the only way $OE could code the condemned status for packup. That it looks through the titles in the database to find the word "abandoned" to know what to pack up.

Now while I'd say in a normal world, $OE couldn't be this stupid to code it this way... but they've proven they're complete idiots. I urge everyone who can log in for the trial to try this and spread the word.

Worth a shot, eh?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Comments

• Wait so what is the deal with this? Do you to call up and deal with their horrible tech support to get em to re-activate your account for the 14 days?
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Nope, just log in again and you'll have 14 days.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• EmriEmri Member UncommonPosts: 53

But ....

if you are no longer playing, then why care if the house is packed up to clear areas for those that do still play?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Emri

But ....

if you are no longer playing, then why care if the house is packed up to clear areas for those that do still play?
    It's their way of sticking it to The Man, SOE.  Besides griefing is fun.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    yeah..stick it to those players still playing and trying to enjoy themselves, just because a few jaded people can't let go

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

Im pretty possitive the word in the name is abandoned, because I just opened my account for trial and thats the word on every player placed building ... welll 95% of them lol.  

• FrenzFrenz Member Posts: 48
    Should be interesting to see how many houses are left after this.
  • Just tried logging in and it told me to re-subscribe. Bump that garbage. $OE ain't gettin any more of my money till I see a pre-patch 5 server!

Owell, woulda been fun to get on like the multiple accounts my buddy and I had just to refresh the houses. I thought putting 20mil in all of em before I left would of kept em forever as an eyesore to the world, but I guess not =/

Owell, Hubert Farnsworth's Planet Express had a good run.
  • tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446
    Dont think your houses can be refreshed on the 14 day trial, not positive though, just what someone else said
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    As reaction to $OE's grief we could take screenies of  the with "abandoned" labeled   houses and spread it around Internet. Since  95% of population meets these criteria

this should give the right picture of the state of this game to the "world".

Another action could be an organized event of us Vets, we hope in , pack up buildings ourself  and hope out, don't give em content.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by tylerwick

Im pretty possitive the word in the name is abandoned, because I just opened my account for trial and thats the word on every player placed building ... welll 95% of them lol.  
    You're absolutely right. I'll fix my post.

condemned, abandoned, same thing.

I did confirm that the last few vet trials reset the clock. None of my structures on my lots are set for demolition and I haven't paid since the day before the nge.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    It seems that players that have exercised previous freebie vet trials have their houses spared from the demolition list....reven without investing one bloody cent into $OE for over a year.

• sadnebulasadnebula Member UncommonPosts: 263
    problem is, your aren't sticking it to the man, you're not doing a damn thing to soe, you're taking up space the few remaining players could use.  If soe cared we would not be talking about this at all, the dumb asses wouldn't have changed a good game so much. so dont take it out on the players.
  • smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by miagisan

yeah..stick it to those players still playing and trying to enjoy themselves, just because a few jaded people can't let go
    Sounds good to me!
  • BatesmotelBatesmotel Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone remember the pics they put out showing the housing placement on the serves. I think it was one of their Friday features or something. I don't think they did it for ever server though. I can't even imagine what they would look like after this housing demolition, well I guess I can... empty..

Originally posted by sadnebula

problem is, your aren't sticking it to the man, you're not doing a damn thing to soe, you're taking up space the few remaining players could use.  If soe cared we would not be talking about this at all, the dumb asses wouldn't have changed a good game so much. so dont take it out on the players.
    To both of you, I'm sorry. You don't make an omlette without breaking a couple eggs.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Get a crafter.

Create 10,20,30 factory runs of cheapest building, and name them "abandoned".

Wait for purge.

Start yelling at tech support that you lost 2500 small correlian houses.
  • MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by namelessbob

Just tried logging in and it told me to re-subscribe. Bump that garbage. $OE ain't gettin any more of my money till I see a pre-patch 5 server!

Owell, woulda been fun to get on like the multiple accounts my buddy and I had just to refresh the houses. I thought putting 20mil in all of em before I left would of kept em forever as an eyesore to the world, but I guess not =/

Owell, Hubert Farnsworth's Planet Express had a good run.

Had the same m8. I sended a ticket to support, and 2 hours later my trial was activated.
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    A mate of mine is playing the free trial. Dont know if this is anything you guys want to know. His house said abandoned on it. He picked it up and put it back down. It no longer says abandoned on it.

Kai
  • Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Shayde
    To both of you, I'm sorry. You don't make an omlette without breaking a couple eggs.

To be willing to screw over the players in an effort to 'get back at SOE', it makes you worse than anything SOE ever did to the players. Yeah, you're REALLY showing them!

Nice job!

Originally posted by Ransom73

To be willing to screw over the players in an effort to 'get back at SOE', it makes you worse than anything SOE ever did to the players. Yeah, you're REALLY showing them!

Nice job!

Thank you.

If I can take the blame for the nge like the other thread gives me, I can also take credit for the inconvience a few non-deleted structures will cause. Oh the humanity.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

Nice job!

Well if you weren't around before the NGE you would not understand and I personally think anyone who plays the game wont be affected unless getting to destroy abandoned houses was the only available content and if thats the case then its still SOE's fault.

{(RIP)} SWG

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Originally posted by Slickinfinit

Nice job!

Well if you weren't around before the NGE you would not understand and I personally think anyone who plays the game wont be affected unless getting to destroy abandoned houses was the only available content and if thats the case then its still SOE's fault.

Well I have to disagree with you here. It completely affects anyone playing the game today.  And not due to a content reason.The reason  why is this. There are new city's around the different planets as well as ones still starting to pop up. Alot of these towns cannot get the shuttleports they should have and deserve b/c they are all taken up in city's that are basiclly unpopulated "old" city's, due to the cap. There are also players who have joined exisiting guilds and city's as well as transfers and these people cannot place there houses inside there home city's  limits because of these old houses. Again it's not like your losing your belongings there just being packed up. So the only people this hurts is the current players. So it is hurting the new players city's as well as community interaction.

But I know you guys don't care and are happy about this so. 

And a few less destroyed houses isn't going to matter. Especially when most already will be long gone.

But it is funny to see current players whine. Isn't the game great? That's what y'all keep telling us.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383

And a few less destroyed houses isn't going to matter. Especially when most already will be long gone.

But it is funny to see current players whine. Isn't the game great? That's what y'all keep telling us.

Nobody's whining we leave that up to you. Just stating a fact.  And i guess your right since you play the game so much currently you know it won't matter so i'll will let you go back to thinking of ways to get back at SOE. Since that seems to be your life goal.

/addignore Shayde