Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If guildwars had a Monthly fee [poll]

LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

If guildwars had a monthly fee from day 1 would you have played it?

EDIT:- Someone pointed out some ambiguaty in my question so ill specify from the day guildwars was first released.

Comments

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

yes , but who cares ?

they made a diferent model , i like this model .

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    i may have for a short time, but i have it and dont even play it anymore even though its free.
  • flood950flood950 Member Posts: 447
    I agree with the 2nd post.   I would pay if I had to because its a good solid product but well, we are not required to pay and nowhere in the near foreseeable future will anyone be asked to.  

If I had to pay to keep playing, yes I would, but it doesnt seem like I will really be asked to make that decision.
  • AgentSmithAgentSmith Member Posts: 58
    no i wouldnt have played.... actually i probally would never had touched the game.........

warning : if you acutally like guildwars do not read any further i am not trying to insult you and im not trolling

i strongly believe that if guild wars charge a monthly fee they wouldnt have a 1/5 of the player base. The games fun but it doesn lack in many areas in my opion please dont make a angery post regarding this its just one mans opion. I think if guildwars had a monthly fee the guild wars forums would be much like the vanguard forums. A LOT OF HATERS AND PEOPLE WHO POINT OUT ITS FLAWS. just my opion! happy 420!
  • PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452
    From day 1? No. Now? Yes. You might want to rephrase that question on the poll...
  • exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by AgentSmith
    no i wouldnt have played.... actually i probally would never had touched the game......... warning : if you acutally like guildwars do not read any further i am not trying to insult you and im not trollingi strongly believe that if guild wars charge a monthly fee they wouldnt have a 1/5 of the player base. The games fun but it doesn lack in many areas in my opion please dont make a angery post regarding this its just one mans opion. I think if guildwars had a monthly fee the guild wars forums would be much like the vanguard forums. A LOT OF HATERS AND PEOPLE WHO POINT OUT ITS FLAWS. just my opion! happy 420!

you are missing one thing

guildwars is bugless , lagless , and besides skill nerfings complains from the pve noobs that dont understand what the pvp does when someone finds a ultra strong skill combination with skill cast sequence ... nerf it becose its too good ... its so good its boring.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Yea, they don't have a monthly fee yet the devs work their butts of balancing all the skills, when i bought GW I saw that it has no monthly fee so i expected it to have cheap graphics, laggy and buggy as hell, boy was I suprised, I hardly ever lagg and 80% I would lagg is due to my very own connection.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• DeadjahDeadjah Member Posts: 3
    Guild wars is just not worth a monthly fee.And i am pretty sure that there will never be one.
  • dertomokdertomok Member Posts: 79
    Guilds Wars WON'T have monthly fee , because it has additions.If you want to play it more with more intresting things you will buy more additions , but if it would have monthly flee I don't know would I play it.

First you must give , only than you can take .

• I guess no.

Then I will never have brought it in the first phase. Its all about the montly fee. Guess I might have picked something else. But I do read a freakning lot about Guild Wars before it was launched. So maybe I have gotten it anyway.  

• GoddyfatherGoddyfather Member Posts: 239
    Difficult question, Both yes and no. If they add Monthly Fee i guess that they would add alota content and stuff weekly which could get me entertained, but no if it would continue just like it is now.
  • SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    There should be a third option: "I don't know".
  • PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by Secrom

There should be a third option: "I don't know".
      Hehe.
  • AwesominityAwesominity Member UncommonPosts: 93
    No.

Actually, it was my first real online game so I wasn't really aware that games charged a monthly fee.

And while I have experience with these kind of things now and not opposed to paying a monthly fee for other games, if GW implemented it even now I would have to quit.
  • slapstik89slapstik89 Member Posts: 19
    It really is an interesting question. When you consider people who have been playing for 2 or 3 THOUSAND hours+ over 24 months (this week) it would have been an expensive investment from that perspective, and certainly many of those people would have clocked out months ago. However, in a sense the game does have an optional fee for those who want content -- expansions that is. So rather than making people pay a constant monthly fee and streaming content non-stop, there's a six monthly or yearly fee for receiving content in a package.

Back to the question at hand. I would almost certainly be playing guild wars to date if it had a monthly fee, however i would probably take periodic breaks from the game after i had completed each chapter and was waiting for the next one. HOWEVER, if the game required purchasing the new chapters on top of a monthly fee, then it's safe to say i wouldn't be sticking my hand in my pocket.
  • Lord_ZLord_Z Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Dunno if you mean from day 1 (on day of release when i first got it) then probably not since i swore to myself back then to never pay per month for a game i broke that mind you when i baught WoW, eitherway the main reason why i baught it in the first place was to pass the time on a bit because i was bored and since the screenshots looked good and also you could play with other people over the web it drawed my intrest, when i played it for a while and loved it i probably would of payed per month since as other people said it is REALLY well made for a free game, the graphics are awesome, the quests are pretty well made and it isnt a bug mine.
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

No, but then again I don't think WoW is worth a monthly fee either. I'm not even sure if there are games worth 13€ a month.

• robin1232robin1232 Member Posts: 42
    the campaigns are way too expensive if you had to pay a monthly fee too

• RPGnubRPGnub Member Posts: 96
    There certainly are games which warrant a monthly fee (EVE was for me). The kind of gameplay and more importantly support (patches and stuff) I got from WoW wasn't though. GW is out of question for monthly fees. The busines model was built from the start to sustain itself without monthly fees. Apparently it worked so why is this question even necessary ?

If this is meant to bash then I'd just like to say that even without fees Arenanet does a way better job with updating their game than Blizzard does. Kind of makes me wonder what they do with all the money they make off of their 7 million customers.