Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Convince me about Dark Age of Camelot

So i would like you guys to tell me why you would suggest DAoC!

I've been playing lineage 2 for a while. And it has been quite boring since it's just grind and killing all the time.

So, what's the best about DAoC? What's the worst? Why do you like it? Why should I play DAoC?

Would like some palin info about the game too! thanks :)

Comments

• WerppaWerppa Member Posts: 211

Why should we convince you to play Daoc? It's only YOUR business and it will be your opinion if you like it or not. It isn't really so hard to download this game for an hour or so and create free trial account, is it?

(few negative posts from me, I know)

"I actually cook my meat with nothing but my burning hatred for vegetables"

• NalelNalel Member Posts: 7

As said before, the choice is yours, but here are some of my reason's why I'm still playing DAOC since release.

1. Best organized PvP in any MMORPG, hands down.

2. Many of the classes are very versatile

3. The PvE is very solid, and leveling is very casual now a days.

4. On the Classic Cluster for a game being nearly 6 years old there is still a healthy population of good players.

Cons
    1. It's old, it's not the prettiest game by any means.

2. Class Balance, while the classes are very versatile, there are some classes that destroy all others while others can't destroy an ant.

3. Realm Populations. Being outnumbered 2:1 sucks, regardless of how you look at it.

4. Realm Loyalty. Since servers are clustered now a days, players can switch between realms on the same cluster at any time, making loyalty horrendous.

That's my $.02, download the trial and give it a try and form your own opinions. I get frustrated from time to time, but when I want solid PvP combat in a MMORPG I always turn to DAOC.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Pros:

1.PVP-duh(no corpse looting though, a slight weakness) Its like YAY we won darkness falls! lets go use it and allow for our lands to be conquered!

2. Best mature lore and fantasy setting of any fantasy MMO bar none

3. Excellent sound and music

4. Solid graphics

5. Solid PVE, along the same vein of any other mmo

Cons:

1. Strange, glitchy and outdated interface

2. Lag

3. Lag, general graphical choppiness, and player skill make pvp HARD. A casual player will not do well and after getting like 1 kill per 10 deaths they may quit, and the zergs(massive horde battles) are apparently dying in lew of 8 man groups.

4. Melee Combat is incredibly dull(magic combat is awesome, they have some cool rapid-fire spells and stuff)

5. Not a lot of certainty in the future of the game, although there are 1-2 solid servers left which is all you really need.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• andnelandnel Member Posts: 4

MMORPDEATH i see that you have played L2. What do you think about that game compare to this?

(I am  playing L2 for the moment, that's why i'm wondering)

And yeah, maybe i will try the trial. But i know you need to fill in your creditcardnumber...

If i don't want to play, how do i cancel this, and has there been some problems with the canceling?

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    well, the CONCEPT of open PVP in L2 is great, but in excecution it doesnt work out to well. It would be nice if you could say group with random ppl to grind, then realize that they are complete douchebags and ganke them while their back is turn, instead of the all out gankfest it is now.

Also, the grind is too much.

Shadowbane is an open pvp game with lightning fast lvling and guild warfare w/ player cities, I would play that instead...and its FREE.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179
    I still enjoy the game a great deal. The PvP is a blast, there's 40 something unique classes to play (which is perfect for people who love to roll alts, like I do), and you can hit max level in a few days /played time.

Also, if you spend $20 to get all of the expansions, the graphics are fairly nice, and it's easy to get twink gear for yourself even as a newbie. Also, the population on the Classic servers are still great (and, as a newbie, I'd strongly advise that you roll on a classic server, since that server is essentially the "non PvE-Raid" server)

Honestly, if you haven't tried DAoC, I'd say try it. Play a character to about level 24ish, and form an opinion. I've played damn near every major MMO released to date (WoW, Shadowbane, EQ 1 and 2, Lineage 2, SWG, EVE,  Guildwars, etc), and DAoC is still one of my favorite.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.