Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are thinking of playing this game

CreativeNameCreativeName Member Posts: 47

I'll list the facts here and let YOU decide.

The game is of the Anime Style and has combat, crafting, and guilds. The combat is: Find a target, click and hold, and then sit-back-and-watch combat. Auto attack is ctrl+click on the target. Skills do not auto target on what you are currently attacking, you must select the target with a cursor. Skills and items can be placed into a shortcut bar accessed with f12. There are 3 shortcut bars, toggled with f12. (i.e, I'm on shortcut bar one, when i hit f12 again, it cycles to shortcut bar 2.) On lvl up you get stat points, and the amount you recieve increases with your level. There are Base levels and Job levels. Base levels control stats as described above, Job levels give you a skill point per level to use on training/increaing a skill. You start out as Novice, get job level to 10, and Change professions to the first class, a la Acolye, Archer, Mage, Merchant, Swordsman, or Thief. Then you begin to get to at LEAST job level 40 as second class, max  job 50, in which you can change to second class. Acolyte to Priest or Monk, Archer to Hunter or Bard/Dancer, (I only connect those based on the fact that bard has a skill that fires arrows, lol) Mage to Wizard or Sage, Merchant to Blacksmith or Alchemist, Swordsman to Knight or Crusader, and Thief to Assassin or Rogue. At second class you get sent back to job lvl 1, and can regain the levels back. You keep skills from your previous class. PvP is handled through voluntary participation or War of Emperium times. The Money's called Zeny, the monsters never drop it, and you never see it in material form. The way to get it is picking up drops from monsters you kill and selling them. All merchants buy items from you, no matter what it is. The characters/monsters/npcs are 2d sprites wit the classic 8 side view, but only 4 side view in combat stance. Npcs and monsters also have only 4 sides. Character Creation consists of selecting a hairstyle and color of the hairstyle, setting your beginning stats, and naming. Names allow spaces and special symbols. Here are the names of the towns I know to be in/soon to be in. Prontera, Morroc, Geffen, Payon, Alberta, Izlude, Al de Baran, Lutie, Comodo, Yuno, Amatsu, Gonyrun, Umbala, and Nifflheim. There is a pet system which involves finding a tame item, usuing it on the apporpriate monster via dbl click and target, clicking a button on a slot machine that pops up, and if it stops on 'success' you get the egg of the monster, and the tame item is gone. If 'failure', nothing happens, but the tame item is gone. Mac job level is 10 at novice, and 50 on first and second class. Max Base level isn't affected by class, and is always 99 unledd Gravity decides to change it.

^^^ The facts. Yes, I had posted this in another thread but I figured I'd give it a topic of its own hehe. All info in this thread is subject to change.

Feel free to add facts I forgot and correct me where I'm wrong. please don't flame anywhere in this thread... Send me a PM if you have a question, or post it here. Whichever you prefer.

This is CreativeName's fancy schmancy sig. Let the 'ooh'ing and 'ahh'ing commence... Now.

Comments

• _belial_belial Member Posts: 158

Thanks for stating "the facts" :) but what about something more personal, do you actually like the game? How does it play, excluding graphics how does it compare to the other mmorpg's out there? I'd not botehred with RO at all, but went and checked out the site about 10 minutes ago and looks kinda fun, reminds me of zelda on the SNES :)

What is the community like? Is it a nice friendly place, easy to get groups or do you tend to just play it as a console style RPG and solo most of hte time?

thanks

// Carl

Currently Playing : anything to keep me occupied until EQ2 comes out :)

// Carl

Currently Playing : EQ2 of course

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

The game is different from other MMORPGs, it needs something to do when you are bored, but aside from that it is difficult to get bored if you have played less then a couple months. It is easy to communicate with the best User Interface in the market. Personally I like the game, and so do several hundred thousand people in Asia, but it isnt to popular in the US, most people compare it to how it was in Open Beta test.

• CreativeNameCreativeName Member Posts: 47

My opinion? I really like this game to be honest. There's not much to do besides combat, however. Some people in the community can be real jerks, like preists who charge you to warp you somewhere and then send you somewhere like... Orc village. I speak from experience there, heh. There isnt much if any roleplaying, which you may or may not mind. But people are generally friendly, groups are moderately difficult to find, depending on how agressively you try for one, but aren't useful at lower levels, just more fun. =) I especially like the skill system, and lots feature soem pretty cool animations. At least mage's and Aco's hehe.

This is CreativeName's fancy schmancy sig. Let the 'ooh'ing and 'ahh'ing commence... Now.

• _belial_belial Member Posts: 158

Thanks for the info guys, if it's mostly just combat though i'm not sure if i'll bother, i'm getting bored rotten of CoH because of the same reason. Really looking for something with a good mix of combat, crafting and quests (and not just killtasks).

It looks really neat from the screens though, damn, suppose just trying it out on the trial won't hurt :)

// Carl

Currently Playing : anything to keep me occupied until EQ2 comes out :)

// Carl

Currently Playing : EQ2 of course

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I am looking for the same thing too, but I find that most of the crafting systemds in most of the released versions isnt so good, In ragnarok you can forge if you spend alot of time making a forge BS, which usually isnt worth it. I am waiting for the actual new generation of MMORPGs, I heard alot of them have a good crafting system and exploring system. I just wish they have the same way to sell stuff as in Ragnarok, vending is so much useful.

• ZiggenZiggen Member Posts: 29

I played this game for a few months and it was an ok change... not great mind you but any change was good at the time.

The 2D graphics are ok for well... 2D Graphics.  The kinda fun thing about the game is that it is totally built on status and appearance.  The most useless items are uber expensive, offer no benefit what so ever but look cool =)  So you spend all your time scrimping and saving to buy uber, yet useless junk to look cool.  As stupid as that sounds... for a while it was fun =) 

The game is WAYYY repedative... Click/klll, click/Kill...  The biggest letdown was when I had actually spent my points on the wrong skills and finally realized it... discovering that I was technically "screwed" with no recourse to fix my mistakes I quit... 

In short... great distraction...  but nothing more.

~Ziggen~

~Ziggen~

• UnrealToxxorUnrealToxxor Member Posts: 11

Right Ziggen...

Makes me think about Gunbound and its items....::::06::

Unreal Tournament 2004 is comforting me until WoW comes out.

Unreal Tournament 2004 is comforting me until WoW comes out.