Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whoever complained on the movie 300...

DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
... obviously didn't like a kick-ass action movie!

Seriously who cares what wasen't correct and what was? This is one of the better pure action movies I've seen. No bullshit story which takes over the movie, just pure GORE and blood! Excellent!

$OE lies list
http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
"
And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

Comments

• noname12345noname12345 Member Posts: 2,267

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by AlexAmore

DUUH! Movie is still on the cinemas

$OE lies list
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Originally posted by DuraheLL

DUUH! Movie is still on the cinemas I think he means that we already had a topic about this.

That said, I agree with you.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Totally agree, loved every second of this movie.
  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    I'm really horribly critical about movies. Especially if they deal about history. However, 300 wasn't meant to follow history. It was an action movie. And in that aspect it kicked royal ass. I had a few "wow" moments.
  • healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    I just saw 300 today!

Great movie!  It is an awesome movie.  I like history, fantasy and the like interwoven. 
    I still think the fun part (if you're gonna follow history somewhat) is that the roman lost the last battle anyway

$OE lies list
    "

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

DUUH! Movie is still on the cinemasnot in Kansas City.  Looked everywhere for it yesterday

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

not in Kansas City.  Looked everywhere for it yesterday

Hmmm but straight from me - This movie MUST be seen on the cinema! I think it would be 1/4 as good on TV .. unless you got a HUGE plasma TV or a projector of some sort.

$OE lies list
    "

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309

I still think the fun part (if you're gonna follow history somewhat) is that the roman lost the last battle anyway

Romans?

That statement reminds me of animal house and I quote:

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Has anyone seen Pathfinder yet? In the previews, it looked like it was going to be similar with the action and blood.

Originally posted by dsorrent

Has anyone seen Pathfinder yet? In the previews, it looked like it was going to be similar with the action and blood.
    I seriously got no control what movies which are on the cinema. But I stood between 300, Hot Fuzz and Epic Movie... oh and the new Mr.Bean movie... Hmm guess I do have an idea afterall lol. Never heard of Pathfinder though :/

$OE lies list
    "

• PrassePrasse Member Posts: 21
    To fully spread the facts, this movie has gotten a rollercoaster of criticism. Looks like (omg im gonna say it, its so old!) either you love it or you hate it. I think it's more of a movie for youngsters though, almost every 30+ who i know have seen it has said it sucked. So i guess you have to be into the guts n the gore, being raised by capcom i can safely say i am. Kick ass movie! Oh and btw Durahell, i hope the urinal is forever imprinted in your mind!

Swiper no swiping!

• drdethdrdeth Member Posts: 22

Needed more violence....

• petrickopetricko Member Posts: 84
    Movie was awesome.  Heard they are making the Sequel about the Battle at the end of 300.  And for all you that hate this movie b/c its not historically accurate, shut up. B/c it's not suppose to be alright.  Its based on a graphic novel about the story of the 300.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    I havnt seen it yet but just the promos are enough to tell me Ill probably love it. I like anything styelised... like Kurosawa movies

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• khragkhrag Member Posts: 184

Uhmm... Don't you mean Greek? This was long before the days of Rome. Not sure exactly but I think by a couple hundred years!

As to the movie, I am a minor history buff, and I loved the movie. No where, did I ever see or hear that they were claiming it was bassed on fact. They took an amazing moment in history, and turned it into a fun, action packed movie. I would have hated it if they had claimed it was true (cause it wasn't as we all know) but all they did was make a fictional movie. Sit back, enjoy it, and have a beer!

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
    --Aristotle

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671
    Originally posted by Razorback

I havnt seen it yet but just the promos are enough to tell me Ill probably love it. I like anything styelised... like Kurosawa movies
    Whilst I wouldn't put it up there with Kurosawa's works it is immense fun, even though it does get a little super-gay with all those oiled sixpacks/leather thongs.

Just disengage your brain and enjoy (whilst intermitantly yelling SPARTA!!!)

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I seriously got no control what movies which are on the cinema. But I stood between 300, Hot Fuzz and Epic Movie... oh and the new Mr.Bean movie... Hmm guess I do have an idea afterall lol. Never heard of Pathfinder though :/

Pathfinder

Plot Outline: A Viking boy is left behind after his clan battles a Native American tribe. Raised within the tribe, he ultimately becomes their savior in a fight against the Norsemen.

Originally posted by khrag

Uhmm... Don't you mean Greek? This was long before the days of Rome. Not sure exactly but I think by a couple hundred years!
    Yeah lol I was reading roman history as I wrote and confused myself :)

$OE lies list
    "

• Originally posted by MadAce

I'm really horribly critical about movies. Especially if they deal about history. However, 300 wasn't meant to follow history. It was an action movie. And in that aspect it kicked royal ass. I had a few "wow" moments.
    Thank you! I keep reading these critical reviews, 'the king of Persia wasn't 8 feet tall,' 'they didn't use realistic battle tactics,' and my personal favorite, 'this movie was too much like a comic book.'

In my opinion, if a movie accomplishes what it sets out to do, it's a good movie. 300 set out to be a graphic novel to movie production that was awesome. Mission accomplished. It did not set out to be historically correct in any way, and never said it was going to. In fact, anyone familiar with it pretty much knew it was going high on fantasy and low on realism.