Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My questions...

Can I fish? If so, is the fishing system more than just click click, can you fight the fish, etc.?

Is player housing available?

Are player mounts available?

Are flying mounts available?

Is there a pet system?

Can we own dragons or other large pets?

---do your pets shrink down in size, like in Guild Wars?

Can bards make unique music or just the same preplayed stuff?

Can crafters make the best items in the game without doing combat?

---or does this require an uber guild to get you the materials (like in WoW, Lava)

Can you solo end game combat?

Can we uses minions/henchmen to help us complete quests?

---example: Guild Wars type henchmen

Is there going to be an auction system in game to allow crafter to sell their stuff?

How much instancing is there?

---It is a free open world like WoW, but with larger instanced dungeon areas for example?

Thank you for your time in answering these questions.

Comments

• Originally posted by linuxgamer

Can I fish? If so, is the fishing system more than just click click, can you fight the fish, etc.?

Not currently, although they are deep in discussion about how it will be implemented. Either as a mini-game or as a vocation.

Is player housing available?

Not currently. They are debating on instanced housing or open housing. Once this is decided they will implement it as they said it will be a part of the game in the future.

Are player mounts available?

Yes, Horses for the human stature. Ponies for the shorter stature.

Are flying mounts available?

No, it currently does not fit within the lore of LotR for flying mounts to be in game.

Is there a pet system?

Sort of. Lore-Masters summon pets to their aid and use their skills and abilities to help in combat.

Can we own dragons or other large pets?

---do your pets shrink down in size, like in Guild Wars?

Currently not a way for anyone to own a pet.

Can bards make unique music or just the same preplayed stuff?

Minstrels all play the same music. There is a system within the game for people to play their own music though. You can learn and equip a instrument and then type /music and play away with 1-8 with shift and ctl changing pitch.

Can crafters make the best items in the game without doing combat?

---or does this require an uber guild to get you the materials (like in WoW, Lava)

Crafters will make the Legendary items of Lore according to the system. Who knows where the items will be gathered. I assume it will not be easy to aquire the items as they are the "Legendary items of Lore"

Can you solo end game combat?

No, you will not be able to go through and solo the witch king. They have it broken up into 6 to 24 man raid instances.

Can we uses minions/henchmen to help us complete quests?

---example: Guild Wars type henchmen

No

Is there going to be an auction system in game to allow crafter to sell their stuff?

Yes, it is currently in game. It will undergo changes as people suggest it though as there is currently no way to seperate different things within the auction house within say for example Scrolls ( You can't just search for Jewelers or Woodworkers scroll).

How much instancing is there?

---It is a free open world like WoW, but with larger instanced dungeon areas for example?

It is a mix of open and instanced. It is not nearly as instanced as WoW as WoW has over 50% of the game instanced and Turbine has said it is trying to keep between 10-20% of the game instanced if I remember correctly.

Thank you for your time in answering these questions.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    One correction here. End game content will be a combination of solo, group, and raid. I don't feel like digging up[ the quote on the official boards right now but it is there. Just go do a search on end game.

by the way here is a link to the games FAQ where you can find the answers to most of your questions and a lot more besides

www.lotro.com/index.php

I miss DAoC

• linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126
    Ok, thanks for the info guys.