Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too bad it's WoW and not WoD!

SarnoSarno Member Posts: 11

I personally can't wait for World of WarCraft and am most likely going to play it alongside EQII. However, when I first heard about WoW, my initial reaction was, "That's cool, but they should have made it a Diablo MMO and not WarCraft." My friends and I still debate about it every so often, discussing how cool a Diablo MMO would have been, and how great it would be to go on a raid to kill, say, one of Diablo's brothers or some new uber-demon.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm as big a WarCraft fan as the next guy, and my original copy of the first WarCraft proudly sits in my extensive game collection right alongside WC2 and 3, but sometimes, usually when I'm gawking at the screenshots at Gamespot, I can't help to imagine how much more hyped and popular the game might have been if it was Diablo.

Hopefully, World of WarCraft will do very well, so that Blizzard can get a strong footing into the MMO market. This way, maybe their next MMO project can be World of Diablo!

Comments

• ToadyToady Member Posts: 24

I think the reason why they made WoW instead of WoD is because in Warcraft, they could involve more and better player-races. In Diablo you can only play a Human and the mainquest in Diablo is to kill the Devil (Diablo). There is no main quest in Warcraft and that is why this is more easier to make.

In Diablo, once you have killed Diablo you win, and if you love it enough you start over and do the same thing again. The thing is, Diablo is further away from MMORPGs than Warcraft, since there is a main quest and that quest can't be taken away, because then the game wouldn't be Diablo...

All makt

All makt

• AmirhAAmirhA Member Posts: 39
    I'm hoping for World of Starcraft next.