Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape; a good game

kolekkolek Member Posts: 118
Well there seems to be a lot of people that don't really like Runescape, but I've been playing for about 5 years now and I think it a great game for what it was designed to be. Its a small and easy game to just pick up play for a few minutes and then log off. You don't have to run off with a huge group to some godforsaken area and kill the same mob over and over just to gain exp like most mmorpgs.

Runescape is the perfect game for the casual gamer, there's no overly complicated skill or combat system that take a week to just get used to; just the blissfully simple skills and short quirky quests.

Comments

• jakel_2003jakel_2003 Member Posts: 1
    I Think RS is a good game because its a game to play thats free and it has good quest and if u get bored doing something then u can pick up another skill and play that, its also a game safe for younger kids to play, filter for language and all kinds of stuff to do and it just gets better if u become a member

The True Boondaock Saint's Brother Connor

• thetankthetank Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by kolek

Well there seems to be a lot of people that don't really like Runescape, but I've been playing for about 5 years now and I think it a great game for what it was designed to be. Its a small and easy game to just pick up play for a few minutes and then log off.

Not if you want get to anywhere in the game.

You don't have to run off with a huge group to some godforsaken area and kill the same mob over and over just to gain exp like most mmorpgs.

Yes it great!! you can kill mobs over and over and over and over again without losing time looking for a group!!!

Runescape is the perfect game for the casual gamer, there's no overly complicated skill or combat system that take a week to just get used to; just the blissfully simple skills and short quirky quests.

That's why the combat is luck-based and 70% of the players hate quests

Played RS for 2 years

• thetankthetank Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by jakel_2003

I Think RS is a good game because its a game to play thats free and it has good quest (if u think running around the map looking for some random item to get trough a tunnel or to make some stupid pie to get some sh1ty reward) and if u get bored doing something then u can pick up another skill and play that, its also a game safe for younger kids to play, filter for language ( the filter sucks bad.. you cant say 5 words without 1 of them being censored for no aparent reason) and all kinds of stuff to do and it just gets better if u become a member

Played RS for 2 years.

• kolekkolek Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by thetank

Well there seems to be a lot of people that don't really like Runescape, but I've been playing for about 5 years now and I think it a great game for what it was designed to be. Its a small and easy game to just pick up play for a few minutes and then log off.

Not if you want get to anywhere in the game.

You don't have to get far in the game or have high skills to enjoy the game, thats my point. The game has enough variety for everybody, you can stay level 3 for as long as you want and still have fun. Its not like most mmorpgs where the whole point of the game is based around combat or one single aspect.

You don't have to run off with a huge group to some godforsaken area and kill the same mob over and over just to gain exp like most mmorpgs.

Yes it great!! you can kill mobs over and over and over and over again without losing time looking for a group!!!

The point was that RS has more variety in gaining exp and that you don't have to commit 3 hours every night to the game if you want to get somewhere.

That's why the combat is luck-based and 70% of the players hate quests

So what if it's luck-based, its easy. Just click a button and observe.

Played RS for 2 years
  • black_rabitblack_rabit Member Posts: 45
    i did enjoy rs verry much for about 3 years, but in the end it got a bit boring, just clicking and clicking, so i quited about 6 months ago and started playing wow about 1 month ago.

the simplissity is both a good and a bad thing, because in the end its what makes the game so boring (in my opinion), but its so easy to get used to...

so in my opinion its a good game if your around 10-16 (played from my 13th till my 17th)but after that you really should gind something else to do with your live ( not meant as an insult!) because there is so much else to enjoy in this world!

i do check for updates everry week though xD

"There actually is a path, you just have to be able to see it..."
    "well if that is all," said the blind guy.

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670

God can't believe how much people are addicted to runescape...you have serious mental issues if you play runescape I swear...

1st off the attack is stupid because it is basicly auto attack, just attack and go play some football or something. by the looks of it you seriously need it.

2nd off the quests are retarted because they give low rewards unless their really hard like dessert treasure or something.

3rd If you have a life on RS and you die you can lose your life because you lose all your stuff which is fucking retarted Oh but thats what makes it chanllenging and you should think about your actions better, no theres a difference between challenging and total bullshit.

4th It takes forever to lvl up in the higher lvls, took me 2 months to get 99 wc and i played like 5-7 hours a day back then sometimes over 10 i was like seriously addicted, never felt better in my life when i quit.

5th Only point there is in the game is to click, why cant you travel with your arrow keys, why cant you cook with alt or i dunno, my point is you have to do everything by clicking pretty much.

6th off there is no hope of beating someone way stronger than you because of the stupid auto attack, which is entirely based on how lucky you get and how many supers and sharks you got in your inventory.

7th end game content is total bullshit, pretty much nothing to do except raids whcih you can do anyways if your not lvl 126 or beat all the quest and all.

8th The community is the worst of any mmorpg I ever heard of. People would flame at me for no reason, and call me a noob even if i was 20 lvls ahead of them just because I pked them or something. Whatever you do you recieve flaming from someone. kill someone they flame you. Get killed they flame you. Be a high lvl they flame you, or a low lvl even more. Be really rich with a blue phat or something they begg off you which is worse or they flame you that your a nerd, well if your a high lvl they do to. Just walking by catherby beach they flame you. your zezima and they flame you. Get my point already?

9th Graphics are over 5 years outdated, yes I know its played from a web browser, but its just like saying bullshit is bullshit what do you expect?

10th Game was original intended for teens not little kids, they put the filter there in the first place because THEY DONT LIKE CUSSING THEMSELVES, the mods post on the forums that they do not tolerate cussing because its immature but their immature themselves because they act like little kids. There was this thread once complaining about mods and the mods thought it was a joke and started posting things like their guna be king of the gnomes or something. O WOW BIG DEAL YOU SAY? MY POINT IS JAGEX IS RANED BY DICKHEADS. I LOS MY LVL 92 ACCOUNT WITH 99 WC TO SOME HACKER AND I CANT RECOVER BECAUE OF JAGEXS POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

I got more reasons but I think I have already made my point.

Did you even read what I said? First of all I said that the game is more for casual play, it isn't going to be fun if you play it for 10 hours a day like yourself. And second, who are you to tell me that I need to play football? What is that even supposed to mean?

By the way, I don't play football because I run cross-country instead.
    Why do you keep blaming Jagex? Are you seriously in that much denial? They aren't forcing you to play their game, if you're going to blame anyone blame yourself or your dad.

And why do you keep bringing up addiction? You say that it's the worst game because it's addicting? Lol, if you get addicted to a game I think thats your own damn fault not the game. I think that you need to face up to the facts and realize that it was YOUR fault for playing the game so much.

Oh and the Old Nite died from cancer, which you can't get from a video game as far as I know. But if you really want to know about a game with a bad history of its players dying check out EQ or WoW.

Why do you keep blaming Jagex? Are you seriously in that much denial? They aren't forcing you to play their game, if you're going to blame anyone blame yourself or your dad.

And why do you keep bringing up addiction? You say that it's the worst game because it's addicting? Lol, if you get addicted to a game I think thats your own damn fault not the game. I think that you need to face up to the facts and realize that it was YOUR fault for playing the game so much.

Oh and the Old Nite died from cancer, which you can't get from a video game as far as I know. But if you really want to know about a game with a bad history of its players dying check out EQ or WoW.

Okay first off I heard he died from playing the game, He never died of cancer. I need facts before I belive that. And from more people dying from WoW or everquest I don't think so, the mayority of the players attend college so they have to attend class alot.

And addiction isnt the only thing bad about the game. Didnt you read my post? Jesus christ I gave you loads of reasons why runescape sucks and you completely ignore them. The main Reason runescape sucks is because it has the most addiction of any game for such a fucking retarted game. NEXT TIME READ, are you illiterate or something? Notice the part about suck a fucking retarted game with the most addiction of any game. You believe I just meant the addiction. I suggest you reread all my posts.

Well JaGex made the game didn't they? They scamed you out of your money? I know its not their fault if they make you play but they still made a addicting game hard to bail out of. Then you lose your account to a hack and its like losing life...that is if you have a life in rs lmao. And yes I can blame JaGex if I want because they started this. i would personally like to bring this once great game down because it is the laughing stock of the industry...I mean what better favor can I do for it? Not a favor for JaGex but for runescape.

Yes I did read about all the other stuff you said, but it was hard to miss the huge caps flaming Jagex. All I was saying is that it's wrong to blame the game because you got addicted to it. Runescape is a product just like anything else that you can buy, nobody is forcing you to play and pay for Runescape, how can I get that through your thick head? Now if you don't have anything more constructive to add please stop posting.

If you don't believe me about WoW, just google it and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of hits.

Yes I did read about all the other stuff you said, but it was hard to miss the huge caps flaming Jagex. All I was saying is that it's wrong to blame the game because you got addicted to it. Runescape is a product just like anything else that you can buy, nobody is forcing you to play and pay for Runescape, how can I get that through your thick head? Now if you don't have anything more constructive to add please stop posting.

If you don't believe me about WoW, just google it and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of hits.

OMG dude again you only read the caps flaming JaGex...Did you even read why I think Runescape is such a stupid game...? Im not trying to convince you not to play that shit, you go ahead and play it im just saying WHY I think it sucks. We are allowed to post our opinion on forums I believe. All you seem to read was the part about addiction. Yes it is a big part of it but it seems you just kinda skimmed through my posts.

Also about the forcing, you can't force people to think runescape is a good game or not or play it. Which is what you seem to be doing.

And about the WoW that seems to be total bullshit, I typed in WoW several times in the past on google and I never saw anything about anyone dying. Yes you can die from playnig ANY game too much, but what im suggesting is that runescape is the worst by far among loyal runescape players.

I was just warning about the problem of addiction for such a stupid game and you have to make a big deal about flaming JaGex or such or whatever your seeming to suggest. and jsut because you don't like my post you dont want me to post lmao. It's not flaming whatever you think it is.

Alright listen, I don't want to argue anymore. Can we just agree to disagree? Seriously its not worth it anymore, so lets both be better people and just end this stupid argument over something as simple as a video game. So I'm sorry for anything offensive I called you and anything else.
    okay i see no reason why they should of banned kaslain and delete his post...