Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting factions soon

Hi everyone i just signed up to mmorpg,

ok so, im gettin factions in a couple days times (i dont own any other guild wars games) and i would like to know how i should set up my character , im thinking on warrior/monk and im not sure about secondary. Is secondary the monk or a totally different skill?

Comments

• deathgagedeathgage Member Posts: 28
    not sure if you can be either with factions. i know it introduced 2 new classes and i think you get to pick from them and not the 1st 5 from the prophies campaign but i dont know dont own any of them but the original so might be wrong
  • GildedKnightGildedKnight Member Posts: 11

factions does hav the original 5 or 6 from the prophecies im positive

well then things i see alot are war/ass and such im guessing they are pretty  good my char is a necro/mes so i dont really have much to say about that others other then i get my but kicked at close range alot haha prolly dont help but meh its all personal pref try exparimenting abit you will find something you like
    ok. btw death, wat does a mesmer actually do? lol
    hexing mostly works really well with necro curse alot of dot and such very fun i think only one i found that i really like
    oh and can u PvP on a PvE character?
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

If you want you can download the factions manual in pdf, from the main website here:

ftp://ftp.guildwars.com/downloads/gwf-manual.pdf

Theres also the Factions FAQ here from main website:

http://www.guildwars.com/support/faq/guildwarsfactions-faq.php

Assassin, Ritualist, Warrior, Elementalist, Monk, Ranger, Mesmer, or Necromancer are the character you can pick from if you just have factions, and same again for any other for the 2nd profession. You 2nd profession is gained via a few quests at the start which are easy to do. Basically you can flip between a few of them to see what you like/prefer best.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Yes you can PvP on a PvE character, however with Alliance Battles the main PvP for factions you have to be lvl 20 to compete. Takes a few days thats all the get to lvl 20, then the main hunt is for skills!

You can create a fresh PvP character only at lvl 20 which uses the skills you have aqquired in game via your Role Play characters.

thank you very much amzingavery, that info was very helpfull