Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game brings less new, but..

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

damn it's polished and does a lot of fun actually...

and how did they manange to make this game so much lagfree ? did anyone experience lags yet? it plays like a solid single player game with no lags...

I got my pre-order on april 14 and expected to see another world of warcraft clone and some elements are really simply copied from WoW, but this game is really a lot of fun and the world looks amazing...

character creation is a little weak though :)

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260
    oh and I'm a pre-cu star wars galaxies veteran and my requirements to a mmorpg are very high actually :)

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• IvanTheFoolIvanTheFool Member Posts: 75
    lol, what really amazed me was the first open to everyone e3 world alpha test of guild wars.  Tons and tons of players on at the same time, 0 crashes, 0 lag.  But yeah, looks like itll be a smooth launch when retail hits live for LoTRo
  • zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787
    i will admit  it's nothing new but it is very polished
  • airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718
    low lag probably a result of using an in-house recycled engine. It's the same one they used in DDO, and there may be some pieces of AC2 code in there? (just guessing on ac2 part, but DDO info I read somewhere).

Pros:

- code has been around and used longer, so it's been debugged longer, so should be cleaner.

- code is all in-house, so no limit to what a dev can do. (as opposed to licensing third party software... well, license deals probably give the devs access to the engine source, but ACCESS is not quite as easy to use as OWNING/CREATED).

The Cons are of course longer initial development. But if you spread that dev work over multiple games, then it could pay off.
  • johnnyfindjohnnyfind Member Posts: 6
    If only all beta's were like this one

Time to give WoW a break and play something new. Who is with me?
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by johnnyfind

If only all beta's were like this one

Time to give WoW a break and play something new. Who is with me?

Who is with ya?  Where ya been?  

Couldn't agree with you more, this is how a game should be looking  and running four days prior to release.  The fact that there has been an open beta for this long speaks for itself.  Turbine has eliminated the need for peeps to weed through the reviews of fanbois and haters.  If your curious about the game, download it and try it out, plain and simple. Turbine has not lost many cool points, everything they have done with this game is top notch imo.  I know this has been touched on in other posts, but, damn, whats wrong with them?  Don't they know that we MMORPG players are gluttons for punishment?    

• Mars505Mars505 Member Posts: 623
    woot woot , my order has been processed 

who me ?

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    They gonna ship on time. If you ordered at a big retailer, the package will drop on monday, so everythings gonna be smoooth ^^