Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Locked WoW posts.

HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
Why is it that every time when a WoW bashing-thread that gets some sensible replies, both for and against, the thread is locked? "The most hated game on MMROPG.com" is a good example.

Comments

• RetgarRetgar Member Posts: 19
    Probably becasue they're usually senseless, pointless, and just an excercise in futility.  I'm usually dumber for having read most of them.

"Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't any good"

• Originally posted by Retgar

Probably becasue they're usually senseless, pointless, and just an excercise in futility.  I'm usually dumber for having read most of them.
      Pretty much.
  • RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Not to mention it's a waste of forum space as well.
  • FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558
    Have you read the rules of conduct? 
  • kadaganetkadaganet Member Posts: 6
    to many threads, to many spam and too many waste of time about wow. full of answers here, and 1000 forums elsewhere. lock here? u can find it answer elsewhere anyway :P

><

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by FreddyNoNose

What I meant is, that every time a WoW bashing thread receives intelligent posts that counter the original argument effectively, it is deleted. The ones where the WoW-bashers run rampant, however, are not.
  • Originally posted by Hrothmund

What I meant is, that every time a WoW bashing thread receives intelligent posts that counter the original argument effectively, it is deleted. The ones where the WoW-bashers run rampant, however, are not.

Why care? You think people playing WoW and are addicted actually care that someone says it is childish and easy? No they don't. You can only say something so many times before it gets old and all bashing threads get old incredibly quick on all forums because they are just bored and want to read drama about nothing that matters.
  • HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by Hrothmund

Why care? You think people playing WoW and are addicted actually care that someone says it is childish and easy? No they don't. You can only say something so many times before it gets old and all bashing threads get old incredibly quick on all forums because they are just bored and want to read drama about nothing that matters. Still, leaving the threads where the flaming is not countered unlocked is a bit counterproductive in my opinion.
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    IMO whenever a thread is locked or deleted, the moderator should leave a short note explaining why.

As it is, it's hard to know exactly what the standards being applied actually are. We are left guessing about possible offences and then having to either express ourselves as blandly as possible, or wondering if it was possibly our post  that caused debate to be curtailed.
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

In general:
    If a thread starts out as a violation it will be locked or deleted depending on how serious the violation is.

"Flaming/harassment" is not allowed regardless of excuses (meaning there is no "he started it"-rule in the RoC).

"Gamebashing":

Game Attacks

* Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
    Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

When a user violates the RoC they get notified (but no other user will know what violation it was). Some locked threads can get a motivation if its not a privacy-violation of the user(s) and if it is unclear to the community to why it was locked.

(If the threadstarter mid/late-thread starts breaching the RoC the thread gets locked, this is sometimes hard to notice (even for moderators)).

If you would like to give feedback about the MMORPG.com moderators please contact [email protected] .(Do notice you can only ask/get answers about moderation on your own posts & threads, not other users).

(Thread is moved to "forum-help" since its about moderation in general.)

• moneyplease1moneyplease1 Member Posts: 24
    Yes from "the most hated mmorpg" i wanted to reply to your comment, "the world of MMO's needs to learn something from snowboarding" Its not the MMO's its the people that play them.