Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALL VETS -- GO IN GAME.... just do it...

iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Ok , this will just end alot of questions for most.

ALL VETS or anyone that quit due to the NGE... I ask you to go IN GAME and see it for yourself... just do it.

Travel to all the cites, travel to all the hotspots, travel and see some of the people/Jedi (OMG the Jedi!!!)

I have just spent two hours on Bria taking screen shots and video --- OH YEAH VETS NEED TO SEE THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME PLEASE.

See, this is not a slam... THIS IS a fact now.

Use your trial and go see it..... You almost need to... just to answer your own questions.

Comments

• AralissAraliss Member Posts: 6
    So is Bri the only server with a major population left?
  • GindaceGindace Member Posts: 161
    What are we attempting to see? The terrible state of the game?
  • AgentSmithAgentSmith Member Posts: 58
    why hasnt someone said this before? good post! if people actually played the game they could get a better feel of the current situation of the game. Im getting so sick of these posts about how the population  is great and then the next post telling me that the sky is falling in swg.
  • keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    Sorry...but I've moved on.
  • NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    SWG went beyond the point of being rationally discussed.  Either way I stay clear of SWG for good.
  • mk11232mk11232 Member Posts: 217

my adventure around swg recently and who i saw

went in game (scylla server) and saw.....nobody

went to old guild town and saw....nobody

went to major naboo cities and saw....nobody

went to coronet and saw...nobody

checking poi's and vendor locations went there and saw....nobody

went to space and saw...nobody

in my time online, 3 hrs, i saw a couple people here and there, but they were only in starports and near some vending areas, player cities are ghost towns, major areas of commerce are ghost town.

Oh and btw, at some time they changed the civil war system and all of our faction ranks are gone and your now a private

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I hate to rain on your parade, but the VETs left this game because the NGE changed SWG into a completely different game. And most of them have gotten to the point that they realize the game won't ever have classic servers on it, so they've moved on.The ones that do give it the ten day trial, see the empty servers and get a nasty reminder of why they left in the first place:They don't like the targeting system,they don't like how the best weapons are looted, don't like the 9 professions when there used to be 30, don't  like Jedi as a starter profession after all the hours they spent grinding one,don't like the fact that group XP has been nerfed to nothingness, don't like the fact you can't mix and match professions to make your own character,don't like that everything can be soloed, miss the group interdependency etc.....

It's been a year and a half since the NGE hit, it's time to face the facts. The VETS are gone and they aren't coming back.It's best to just wish them well and hope that whatever they are playing they are enjoying it more.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    Bloodfin, actually has a decent population.  You can go to almost every city and see someone.  The only problem is... that someone you see will be wearing Mando armor and so will the next person to him and also the next person to him.  It's a Mando party.  Also that someone is around the age of 12-17.  I know this age factor because I experienced it on Vent when I tried SWG again.  They where literally young kids.  Not that I have anything against kids playing games but the maturity level of the game is worse than WoW at some times.  So basically if you like to engage in a copy-cat WoW PVP reward System and grind endlessly in boring dungeons that are bugged to hell then go for it.   Oh yeah, also those people that you will find standing in the cities will also have Jet Packs... every one of them will have Jet Packs and Mando armor.   So hmm...Star Wars..yeah.  All the other people that don't have Mando armor have lightsabers plus be sure to visit the Cantina, it will be filled with current players ALT buff bots and AFK noobs that don't know how to write a correct macro for entertainer.  Your ignore list will soon become a obligation and a requirement.  SWG, at it's current state is like going to a Chucky Cheese kids restaurant you get to see all the Star Wars Icons in their glory plus pet Chewie and later on you can become exactly like them.  Just like a holloween party you can be any Stars Wars character you want.  Jedi's named : Lhuke Skyrunner, Ohbee-won-Kanoobie and SSitthh LLordd.  Commando's and Bounty Hunters named: --BBoba Fettt--, Jaango--Fffet.... oh the agony!!!  STOP THIS GAME NOW!!!! Plus you would think that having 1 mil on a non crafter character would be lots of credits to survive..eh that doesn't matter anymore, Just go to the Droid factory or BWL or HK 47....one run ..and make 20 mil or even more.  What's the point of credits in a game that already gives you everything you would want at level 6???????  I just can't believe it.  Really can't believe it.
  • ab29xab29x Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by OrionStar

Bloodfin, actually has a decent population.  You can go to almost every city and see someone.  The only problem is... that someone you see will be wearing Mando armor and so will the next person to him and also the next person to him.  It's a Mando party.  Also that someone is around the age of 12-17.  I know this age factor because I experienced it on Vent when I tried SWG again.  They where literally young kids.  Not that I have anything against kids playing games but the maturity level of the game is worse than WoW at some times.  So basically if you like to engage in a copy-cat WoW PVP reward System and grind endlessly in boring dungeons that are bugged to hell then go for it.   Oh yeah, also those people that you will find standing in the cities will also have Jet Packs... every one of them will have Jet Packs and Mando armor.   So hmm...Star Wars..yeah.  All the other people that don't have Mando armor have lightsabers plus be sure to visit the Cantina, it will be filled with current players ALT buff bots and AFK noobs that don't know how to write a correct macro for entertainer.  Your ignore list will soon become a obligation and a requirement.  SWG, at it's current state is like going to a Chucky Cheese kids restaurant you get to see all the Star Wars Icons in their glory plus pet Chewie and later on you can become exactly like them.  Just like a holloween party you can be any Stars Wars character you want.  Jedi's named : Lhuke Skyrunner, Ohbee-won-Kanoobie and SSitthh LLordd.  Commando's and Bounty Hunters named: --BBoba Fettt--, Jaango--Fffet.... oh the agony!!!  STOP THIS GAME NOW!!!! Plus you would think that having 1 mil on a non crafter character would be lots of credits to survive..eh that doesn't matter anymore, Just go to the Droid factory or BWL or HK 47....one run ..and make 20 mil or even more.  What's the point of credits in a game that already gives you everything you would want at level 6???????  I just can't believe it.  Really can't believe it.

I have mando armor IRL.  I run outside with it on with my 2 desert eagles when the kids around the neighborhood come out in their little league uniforms with their pellet guns.

I pwn them then have tea with their moms during work hrs.

Pwned this town.. yo.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    I'm a Vet and I have never left the game.
  • iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143
    Originally posted by OrionStar

I have a Bloodfin toon and WILL GO IN AND LOOK THERE -- Because from what I saw yesterday as it is sad to say Bria was unreal and pretty dead.

I mean it was just sad sad sad... Holy crap....  It was CREEPY sad... not just empty but creepy empty.

Canitas -- empty, Cities empty, Restuss is a joke and a waste of time and the only people there are shouting "Duelz me Im uber"... so yeah, the clients have changed... but still.

IT was DEAD... period plain and simple.    If someone wants to show me different post it here I will meet you in game and you can show me -- ANY SERVER --!

I will look at bloodfin today,   yesterday and seeing Bria like I did was just pathetic.

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941
    Originally posted by iskareot

ALL VETS or anyone that quit due to the NGE... I ask you to go IN GAME and see it for yourself... just do it.
    Travel to all the cites, travel to all the hotspots, travel and see some of the people/Jedi (OMG the Jedi!!!)

I have just spent two hours on Bria taking screen shots and video --- OH YEAH VETS NEED TO SEE THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME PLEASE.

Use your trial and go see it..... You almost need to... just to answer your own questions.
    No thanks, I'd have to find a download for the client and patch and well I couldn't be bothered.
  • kkat69kkat69 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by iskareot

Already did it, I played since beta, left after NGE.  Nothing different still same crapped on game when I left just MUCH LESS PEOPLE!

After 3hrs hours of game play I:

Change Classes 3 times each time solo'ing an giant ancient krayt (yah like I should be able to do that in ANY class)

spoke to hmmmmm wait lemme count, 1 PERSON!

saw approx..... wait lemme count.................................................3 people running around

did a /who on Naboo, list was about 8ppl, /who on Corronet got about 3 people, /who on tatooine got 8ppl.

Long gone is the "list is truncated" msg after doing a who.  Heck it's not even CLOSE.

This is a dead issue.

• XlammerXlammer Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by mk11232

Well, scylla is the least populated server of em all ^^
  • DvolDvol Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Xlammer

Originally posted by mk11232

Well, scylla is the least populated server of em all ^^

I went in i saw i laughed....Its really sad the game has gotten so bad..I guess the NGE was a success? when at one time it was one of the best bugged games ever..No worries just go try it and see..No harm in seeing it for yourself in its current state..