Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 scamming -STOP IT!

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

I am SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SCAMMED!

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

NOT AT ALL ANYMORE!!!!

but to take my anger into knowledge i shall now post scams to watch out for

There is a scam for Lineage 2. People will set up a "Buy" store with the message "I quit, free items", then put some rather newbie but good items in their buy window (the kind that people would have on them). They have it set up to buy them for 1 adena each, but players will come by and actually sell their own items for 1 adena thinking they're getting a steal of a purchase!

Beware the Trade Scam
This trade scam uses two people. The 1st person sets
up a private store to sell something at a higher than normal
cost. The 2nd person sets up a private store near the
1st person to buy that item that the 1st is selling, but at
a higher cost than what the 1st is selling it for. Heres the
trick though, the 2nd person must not have enough money
to purchase the item.

Example: A player sees a person (#2) who wants the buy a sword
for 100k. That player than sees a person (#1) selling that sword for
80k. The player thinks he can make a quick 20k and buys the sword
from person #1 and then tries to sell it to person #2, but person #2
doesn't have the money to buy it, so there is no sale. And the scammers
walk off with 80k from a sword that was worth a lot less.

well those are the main two that appear, but I AM TIRED OF ALL THE OTHERS INCLUDING THOSE!

The gm's over at Lineage II should REALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, it's getting on my NERVES!

ever been scammed before?

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

This is no BS...and I am being completley truthful here.....those are legit scams and GMs cant do anything about those....

But wait until you sit down and try to sell...oh, a Brandish Sword for 45K adena)...then u go afk for the night.  Then you get up in the morning to see if your Brandish Sword was sold and you're 45,000 adena richer....only to find out that not only was your Brandish Sword no longer in your inventory but neither is everything else you had owned saved for the cothing on your back....and you didnt even get 45,000

This scam specific hacker scam has been going on since OB..they can go into your store then browse your inventory, taking anything they want.  I, personally, have no idea how they do this but its been done to me twice (once on Gustin and once of Seighardt (sp)) and its been done to 2 other people that were in my Dwarvian clan on Gustin Server.

Also, I dont know if this has anything to do it, but I ran a total virus scan on my computer 3 nights ago with PC-cillin 2003 and found 2 trojen horses in my Lineage 2 client folder.  They werent the last time I ran a full virus scan check (about 2 weeks into OB) but there they were.  And I never used any 3rd party software for Lineage ][ either.

Be careful, man.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573
    That sucks im thinking of  getting the game that info realy helps image

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

woah i've heard of that scam, never thought it was real though.

This guy claims to have lost his STR Long bow (1.5mil) by a hacker like that

• RaiblastRaiblast Member Posts: 49
    wow...that's scary...glad i was never that unlucky...had mithril armor, saber, boen helm, boots of power and the equivalent gauntlets...that would've sucked to have lost it. gave it all to my clan once retail started thought. lucky me, if i ever come back, i get the items back, or the equivalent money.

it's...scary. very, very, very, scary...the world we live in...that's why i love the virtual world.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by MurtBijani

woah i've heard of that scam, never thought it was real though.
    This guy claims to have lost his STR Long bow (1.5mil) by a hacker like that

he's probably telling the truth.  It happened to me.  Game has more backdoors in their client than a hooker on Mardi Gras

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DustyBallzDustyBallz Member Posts: 152

And these type of people are in almost every MMO. Scammers, cheaters, griefers, thieves. I though time spent playing a game was supposed to be enjoyable.

MMORPG -- Where's the RP?

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I did the whole OB Lineage II.  Once I seen how people could easily reach level 50+ in a matter of two weeks, I quit.  Everyone who wants to play the game on "easy" mode becomes an archer or a range type character.

I played a dwarf... The time it took me to each level 30 everyone else was level 60+.  I was playing the hardest class there is to play... and for what?  People to laugh at you because you character has NO special attacks, nothing!

OH BOY!  You get a golem at HIGH levels, and it's weak!  WOW!

They also won't fix the archers strength untill the next "major patch" comes out.  So someone can hit me for 150+ dmg while I'm hitting them for 15 with my sword.  The game's nice, but since it was SOOOOOOOOOOO broken and ncsoft wouldn't reply to anything I had to say...

I will never spend my money on LII or ncSoft.

What will he do next?

the nest "big patch" is called C1 and comes out mid june :P

also..the only reason people play dwarves are for the crafting skills...

60 in 2 weeks...djin, were you smoking while playing?

i've been playing since OB, and bought retail one week after release, and i just turned 24 today.

You're NOT an archer or mage type toon.

I said they haven't nerfed the strength of the archers... they can level almost 3x faster then any other class... and yes... 60!  I seen it with my own eyes in my guild.

I played a German guild... and never again will I do that.  They where hardcore! 18 hours a day... they where called "Iron Soliders".  I couldn't keep up with that clan...  they had me make 20,000 D grade s/s and sp/s one day... that took me about 5 hours of SITTING.

Screw that.  What did I get out of that?! NOTHING!

What will he do next?

i would take the ingrediants and RUN!

lol

20,000 d grade ss and sps, that's about ..hmm

worth quitting a clan over...lol

When you aren't aloud to use them...  it sucks.

What will he do next?
  • fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    i would take the ingrediants and RUN!
    lol
    20,000 d grade ss and sps, that's about ..hmm
    worth quitting a clan over...lol

heres hoping im never a clanmate of yours ::::28::

lol

It's ok..my clan is all around my level...the highest in my clan is 42, and she never lends anything to anyoneimage

but this other clan member lent the leader 300k.....wish i got thatimage

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

Djin, i played and archer in beta with twinked gear. And its impossible to hit 50 in 2 weeks, unless u played 24/7.

And still then i dont see how you could do it. Lineage 2 has got to have the hardest level grind i have ever seen in a game, my friend who loves the game and has played since OB, has a level 42 phantom Ranger. Told me now that every level is equal to and EQ hell level.  Have you read any of the reviews on Lineage 2. All they talk about is the grind. This game is not on easy mode, its the most hardcore game i have ever seen in my life. You can save up a month and buy a gas bow, only to die to a mob and taken a chance on loosing it.

Took 52 days for some of the korean players to go from 70-75 playing 20 hours a day. Yes they are some truly sick people who can dedicate there lives to the game and maybe get the gains you speak of. But for the most of us, we will never come close to seeing 50.

http://www.telefragged.com/index.php3?file=reviews/lineage2/index2