Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might reactivate. Have questions.

DarxerDarxer Member Posts: 2
I stopped playing a long long time ago, before I even try to reactivate I have a few questions for anyone that can answer.

1) Is Ranger still a great DPS job?

2) I have Emperor's Hairpin and Leaping Boots.  Are they still worth a lot of Gil? How much Gil? How does this amount compare to the current economy?

3) Is leveling the same as it was long ago? I heard somewhere that Square made leveling quicker.

4) Do I have to buy all of the expansions?

5) (For fun) Does Sidewinder still ROCK?!

Thanks

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Darxer

I stopped playing a long long time ago, before I even try to reactivate I have a few questions for anyone that can answer.

1) Is Ranger still a great DPS job?

Yes

2) I have Emperor's Hairpin and Leaping Boots.  Are they still worth a lot of Gil? How much Gil? How does this amount compare to the current economy?

Check www.ffxiah.com for prices on each server/world. Note that several NMs, including Valkurm Emperor, now drops rare/ex items. This is done to reduce RMT camping. But the "old" versions of the pin (don't know about the boots) are still non-rare/ex and can be bought/sold/traded.

3) Is leveling the same as it was long ago? I heard somewhere that Square made leveling quicker.

It's the same as earlier. After lvl 53-55 and all the way to 70, you have more options where to lvl. The Aht Urghan areas are considered a bit quicker than "old" areas.

4) Do I have to buy all of the expansions?

Imo: yes! But buy the 2007 collection - it contains the game + all 3 expansion packs. Price is usually around $30, so it's a great bundle. The 3rd exp pack, Treasures of Aht Urghan, is really a "must", personally I'd say it's the best exp pack ever.

5) (For fun) Does Sidewinder still ROCK?!

No idea - I've unlocked Ranger, but never tried it.

Thanks

• DarxerDarxer Member Posts: 2
    Sounds good thanks for the reply.