Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which race is your favourate

LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Well there are 4 good races in eve [currently apparently we will get 2 more one day] So putting together the background lore of the races and there ships and guns which is your favourate and why?

I Personally like the Caldari as they seem farly neuterall to me even with the Gillent to some degree also there railguns are very nice and i like it that they have the best ECM ship in game.

Comments

• rebal88rebal88 Member Posts: 98
    I LOVE minmatar....I love the looks and weapons. AND flying is more exciting because you NEVER know when the duct tape is gonna come un-done!
  • MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by rebal88

I LOVE minmatar....I love the looks and weapons. AND flying is more exciting because you NEVER know when the duct tape is gonna come un-done!
    LOL

I like Caldari. Love to see the splash of the chain reaction cause by a missile.
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by rebal88

NO FAIR!!! I said that first in another thread
  • binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    read the law, Caldari  ARE NOT NUETRAL..... but thats beside the point, ass a citizen of the state I must commend our ability to tollerate the Gallante presence on our home world and the fast that the minmatar are currently in a state of diverse chaos.. I would like our station with the amarr empire to be suited to a grander degree... But work with minmatar to help them so that certain spacial regions will be once more open to our grand needs is in the works.

^_^ in other words, Caldari hate Gallante (caldari vrs Gallante war), Caldari and Amarrian's are very good together (a police state and a strict religous lead empire) and the Caldari are secretly helping the minmatar get to their feet behind amarr backs so that they can mine in places promised to them by the amarrian's before the minmatarr rebellion ^_^

But anywho, nothing against you, I like the law and the fun from it. See you round, btw....

Caldari are the best =P

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298
    My fav. is Gallente.  They have some of the best Pvp ships in game and can compete evenly with Caldari on ECM (sensor damps pwn jammers :)  Ive flown everything from a Taranis to a Thanatos and they dominate the battlefield.  For PvE they are lacking to say the least. 
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Ahh but caldari of today can be considered neutrell after all we ar e quite willing to do buisness with anyone nowadays.

Originally posted by LordSlater

Ahh but caldari of today can be considered neutrell after all we ar e quite willing to do buisness with anyone nowadays.
    I agree to that. Caldari of today are more about the money than that under the table hate for the Gallente. We are capitalist after all. If we can gain money with the Gallente, Minmatar, or Amarr we will join forces. The war against the Gallente was for Independence. Now that we are independent, why hate them anymore?

Although, I still like to shoot at them when I see them in Caldari space. ;)
    Originally posted by Moobkrad

I agree to that. Caldari of today are more about the money than that under the table hate for the Gallente. We are capitalist after all. If we can gain money with the Gallente, Minmatar, or Amarr we will join forces. The war against the Gallente was for Independence. Now that we are independent, why hate them anymore?

Although, I still like to shoot at them when I see them in Caldari space. ;) Caldari were never apart of the Gallentee the 4 main factions all grew up seperate and clashed for 2 major reasons. Amarr thought it was manifest destiny to rule the galaxy and enslaved the minmatar when they came across them. Caldari and Gallentee was just a clash of ideals IIRC. might have to watch the intro again to see if it states why they fought.
    Originally posted by Nicoli

Although, I still like to shoot at them when I see them in Caldari space. ;) Caldari were never apart of the Gallentee the 4 main factions all grew up seperate and clashed for 2 major reasons. Amarr thought it was manifest destiny to rule the galaxy and enslaved the minmatar when they came across them. Caldari and Gallentee was just a clash of ideals IIRC. might have to watch the intro again to see if it states why they fought. Caldari lived under the Gallente Federation Space. They lived hand by hand until they grew tired of them. Let me find you the story, is on EVE Chronicles.
    Here you go Nicoli.

Gallente-Caldari War: The early days

By the time the Gallente Federation was founded two centuries ago the Caldari Corporations were already well established in Caldari society. Although not nearly as powerful as they are today, they were still preeminent in Caldari economic life.

Shortly after jump gate technology was jointly discovered by the Gallenteans and the Caldari some three hundred years before the Federation formed, the Caldari Corporations had started their own inter-stellar surveying and colonization, separate from those conducted by the Gallenteans. It was these colonies, kept as a secret from the Gallenteans, that became the source of friction between the Gallenteans and the Caldari, culminating in the latter’s defection from the Federation and an ensuing war between the two races.

It all started when a Gallente exploration ship happened upon one of the hidden Caldari colonies. When the Federation Senate learned of this they demanded a full-scale investigation into the matter and that all hidden Caldari colonies should immediately been put under Federation authority. This was too much for the Caldari Corporations, which were already grumbling over increasing Federation interference into their affairs. For the Caldari it was a simple question of losing their autonomy forever by caving in or making a stand right then and there. They decided to make a stand.

What made the situation so tense right from the start was the situation on Caldari Prime. Being located in the same solar system as Gallente Prime made the Gallenteans very nervous and, more importantly, a sizeable Gallentean population was living on Caldari Prime. Right after the Caldari defected from the Federation they focused on securing the jump gates leading to their (once) hidden bases, as those bases provided the backbone to the Caldari military infrastructure at that time. At the same time the Gallenteans moved their fleet into orbit around Caldari Prime and started blocking the planet.

For the next few days nothing much happened. The Caldari were content to sit by the jump gates, while the Gallenteans were debating how to best negotiate a peace agreement. But the Caldari on Caldari Prime were restless. They found the Gallente blockade intolerable and soon small-scale guerrilla activities escalated into all out hostilities. In the end the Gallente population on the planet had to pay the price for the Federation’s indecisiveness.

The turning point came when Caldari partisans sabotaged the glass dome of the Gallente-inhabited underwater city Nouvelle Rouvenor. More than half a million perished. From then on a lengthy, bloody war between the two races was all but inevitable – the Federation retaliated at once by sending an invasion force down to Caldari Prime and began a systematic orbital bombardment of the planet. Soon, the Caldari population had been driven to the mountains and the forests; their resistance getting weaker by the day. The only question was: how would the newly formed Caldari State respond? 

Source
    I think we were both right

They were seperate, then joined together, then the caldari split

and as always the caldari were the ones to actually do stuff
  • masm1masm1 Member Posts: 4

I couldn't vote, cause you missed out the Gallente in your list.

Anyway the answer is anything but Caldari, cause they are a bunch of carebear whiners that don't realise that your skills determine the ship you fly.

• BunglermooseBunglermoose Member Posts: 63
    Caldari, only because of the Achur. I love being Achura.
    Originally posted by masm1

Anyway the answer is anything but Caldari, cause they are a bunch of carebear whiners that don't realise that your skills determine the ship you fly.

He typed out Gallente as Gilente. His mistake, but that's what he meant. He's not the best speller either. But I suppose English is not his first language, and is typing it out like the they are pronounced in his native language.

And the underlined part, depends on the person behind the character. And is not necessarily just for Caldari.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

He typed out Gallente as Gilente. His mistake, but that's what he meant. He's not the best speller either. But I suppose English is not his first language, and is typing it out like the they are pronounced in his native language.

And the underlined part, depends on the person behind the character. And is not necessarily just for Caldari.

I wouldnt worry about his post i think he is just trolling.

I wouldnt worry about his post i think he is just trolling. Sorry pal, I forgot to look at the poster before I posted.

Just answering truthfully as I always do.
  • rebal88rebal88 Member Posts: 98
    YaY Minmatar FTW!