Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New To Ragnarok Online...

biew1986biew1986 Member Posts: 5

Hi Guys, I'm new in the forum though I've joined mmorpg.com for some time.

It's been a few years now, I thought I might give myself a try playing RO.

Here's my choices of classes to play:

1. Swordsman>Crusader>Paladin   

2. Thief>Assasin>Assasin Cross

3. Archer>Hunter>Sniper  

4. Gunslinger (My friends commented it as one of the suckiest class ever, Ignore that...) 

Still, my favourite choices are the first two. My friend said that Crusader>Paladin has hard time PVPing, since they low on VIT. But I want a PVP and MPV build, so based on your experince playing RO, trying an unorthordox but sucessful build for them. If can, I'd like to know.

Any sugesstion are welcomed. I'm  just  a newbie.

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    Swordman and thief classes generally don't do well in PVP or MVP.  Usually Archer/Mage/Acolyte types do good.

• biew1986biew1986 Member Posts: 5

Lol, so much of melee tankers.

Mind if you tell your experience and build in RO?    Any good advice for the classes?

A Newbie And A NooB.

Wanting to play Granado Espada, Warhammer Online, Ragnarok Online 2, Guild Wars series, 2Moons, World of Warcraft(maybe)

Playing: Risk Your Life 2: Imcomplete Union, Perfect World(Chinese), Last Chaos

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I use a rogue cause they are fun.  Run around hiding, backstabbing, using an area of effect attack the blinds/silences/something else, not to mention the sheer amount of stealing you can do with Mug and passive steal.  I went down the intimidate route which lets me memorize the last skill I was hit by.

As far as tanks go, usually a Full Support Priest with all vit/int tanks.  They can pretty much indefinetly heal themselves.  Sometimes a Knight tanks because of thier monsterous HP, but it usually adds in an additional character to split exp with.  Ohh there is the Holy Cross build sader that can MVP.  You can pretty much get these guides anywhere, even on iRO's official site.

Thanks
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Swordsman, especialy if you go for a knight, is an incredbly powerful pvp machine, its also excellent in PVE.

A Crusader can also be very decent in PVP. Assassins and hunters are nice in PVP, untill you come across someone with a few mummy cards in their weapons. your screwed.

Out of those, I'd pick Thief -> Assassin. Its good in PVE and also decent in PVP, but in PVP, Assassin relies more on player skill then the character.

Thanks

My freinds told me there are a few type:

• Full Critical - Pumps lots of Luck to thier stats, but sacrifies the skills
    • Sonic Blow 
    • Hybird - Not a very good choice after all

The first two is what I'm thinking at the moment.

Say, have you seen and build that is not based on pupular or common build that most players follow? Though it 's a risky business.

But, all and all, It all depends how good the players is and his/her equipments and cards.

• EliezEliez Member Posts: 4
    ...DD assassin x ftw!

DD meaning dual daggers, deal massive dmg with the right cards (which means grinding for them) in all situations...

and ice pick... which deals dmg directly proportional to the target's def means that all 'tanks' are literally dead

DD also has double the maximum capacity of weapon cards, although that doesn't mean that you can have the same card for so many times and expect it to work out nicely, it means that you can switch weaps and use your 'best' combination accordingly

...enchant deadly poison 4x your normal atk dmg until you die or lasts for... 30mins i remember? but it's expensive and need lots of ingredients to make the catalyst item... but it's still damn crazy XD

downside is that if you are stunned, you die

if you get hit by magic, pwned

if you get mobbed, dead

if you don't have a high enough flee, archer types own you

apart from those... pure ownage

but imo PRIESTS are the best class to play~ you see a bastard, dun heal him, he dies, you laugh...

you can't kill anything except demons and undead but you own anyway

PRIESTS FTW!!

and about gunslingers... i had high hopes when i made one, but all they do is

-bang- -bangbang- -bang- -bangbang- <- for unbelievably low dmg from a very far range with reasonable aspd

-monster drops dead-

-bang- -bangbang-...

-monster drops dead-

repeat above... or ocassionally add a skill that deals massive dmg from damn far range but takes damn long to cast~

then repeat above again
  • EliezEliez Member Posts: 4
    might also be worth saying that crit assassins suck... without the right cards (which means $$), you do less dmg than a regular assassin without crits, while you can still hit things 100% since crits hit 100% anyway, and ignore def which SEEMS pretty awesome, 'poor' crit sins usually have half the aspd of a normal assassin... because of their high demand in luk, they give up a lot of mainly strength, lowering the dmg... because assassins don't usually have a high HP capacity, they need high agi to dodge, and luk adds the dodge rate too, so you have a good rate of dodging things... but in contrast you can't kill things fast... which is the whole point of an assassin?

Yeah, I thought Ginslinger are cool, but then, yeah, people say they hit slow with low dmg, bang, bang... even with gatling guns... "sigh" , just like what you've said.

But, still wanna try them, it's just for fun.

However, I start playing as a Swordsman now, aiming for Crusader>Paladin.

"To level fast, use spear." friend says. I wanna use shield and sword.

Here's  the reference I got:

• DEX up to 20-30
    • AGI and STR up to 70
    • VIT a little
    • INT if wanna use Heal

When starting around Lv 10++ as a swordman, pump AGI for faster killing.

I'm thinking of testing a crit assassin myself, putting some risk. But , I'll just focus on my wannabe crusader>paladin for now.

Priest, they can be freindly, but sometimes, a bad-as*. Thier own priority comes first, if anything happens to the priest, he/she got mobbed, decided to ditch..ect, you're screwed.

• ThomasCThomasC Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by biew1986

Hi Guys, I'm new in the forum though I've joined mmorpg.com for some time.
    It's been a few years now, I thought I might give myself a try playing RO.
    Here's my choices of classes to play:

Swordsman>Crusader>Paladin   

Thief>Assasin>Assasin Cross

Archer>Hunter>Sniper  

Gunslinger (My friends commented it as one of the suckiest class ever, Ignore that...) 

Still, my favourite choices are the first two. My friend said that Crusader>Paladin has hard time PVPing, since they low on VIT. But I want a PVP and MPV build, so based on your experince playing RO, trying an unorthordox but sucessful build for them. If can, I'd like to know.
    Any sugesstion are welcomed. I'm  just  a newbie.

I don't know what your friends thinking when he says most sader-pallys have low VIT. 95% of them have just the opposite and are basically meat shields. Except Grand Cross saders who pump INT to 99.

• ThomasCThomasC Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by biew1986

Lol, so much of melee tankers.
    Mind if you tell your experience and build in RO?    Any good advice for the classes?

I've been playing for over 4 years now and have a Lev 96 Lord Knight lev 90 monk and a lev 96 alchemist. If your going to go sader then pally dont get any agi at all. It is a complete waste. Sure you will be attacking so slow. But once you get your str up youll also being doing big damage. Most saders are SVD meaning Str Vit and Dex. IMO I don't care too much for dex. I use mummy cards in PVP to hit people with high flee. Dex though does reduce cast time for skills. Most skills for melee class don't have cast times though, so that is not very important. Stay away from Luck at all costs. No one goes for Crit build anymore. Thry used to look cool and flashy seeing big red bubbles POp but that was long ago.  Melees tend to get boring though. Took me forever to get My Lord KNight up to his current level. If you want good all round build I'd go 120 total str with bonuses and gears. 80-90 Vit with bonuses and the rest dexwith bonuses. Just grind away til your around lev 60-70 i think. <sorry it's been a longtime since that level> then goto bathory map with a +9 or +10 2x bloody,2 x boned pike. You can reach 99 in there no time spearing them with skills. Hope this helps. Sorry I can't help much more I am a str agi build which is an old school build that no one uses anymore.

A Newbie And A NooB.
    Wanting to play Granado Espada, Warhammer Online, Ragnarok Online 2, Guild Wars series, 2Moons, World of Warcraft(maybe)
    Playing: Risk Your Life 2: Imcomplete Union, Perfect World(Chinese), Last Chaos