Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revamped graphics

anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

If EQ revamped the graphics so they were more up to date, I wouldn't need any other game, ever. If they added bloom and some more modern effects, and redid the landscapes, character and npc models, it would so rock.

I know they did revamp several zones in the game, have they revamped anything in say that last 5 months?

Comments

• homeskillethomeskillet Member Posts: 119
    Heck, why not just go out and get a new graphics engine? Problem is, I doubt this will ever happen.

I'd actually be happy with just new character models for now.
  • RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    I don't know if you've tried this but turning on shadows makes the game a LOT prettier, though you need a semi-decent rig for it.  Tbh the graphics are good enough for me, it's just the character models : they really need some love.

I'd love to see gnomes with the football shaped heads again

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

upgraded graphics and a seamless world. I think a lot of people perhaps dream of this. Same for AC incidentally.

• HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    After EQ2 is done and they move onto the next game in the EQ series I wouldn't be surprised for them to do a whole revamp of EQ1. Well not a revamp but EQ1 with a new engine and such along with a ton of EQ2 features like extensive player housing and amazing character creation.

I for one would buy that in a heart beat :D
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Originally posted by Huria

After EQ2 is done and they move onto the next game in the EQ series I wouldn't be surprised for them to do a whole revamp of EQ1. Well not a revamp but EQ1 with a new engine and such along with a ton of EQ2 features like extensive player housing and amazing character creation.

I for one would buy that in a heart beat :D

I would love that too. Anyone know what the last zone to be revamped was?

• healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    I believe it was Commonlands.
  • tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446
    Originally posted by healz4u

I believe it was Commonlands.

Commonlands sucks now IMO, 2x smaller and 2x more boring.

• LangretzLangretz Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by anarchyart

If EQ revamped the graphics so they were more up to date, I wouldn't need any other game, ever. If they added bloom and some more modern effects, and redid the landscapes, character and npc models, it would so rock.
    I know they did revamp several zones in the game, have they revamped anything in say that last 5 months?
    My question is why do they graphics need to be updated in order for the game to rock? I mean determining the worth of a game based solely on how good the graphics are is pretty hollow. Because as most people agree ( I would like to think anyways ) RPG's on the PS1 and before pretty much dominate every RPG released since PS2+. And look at how bad PS1 graphics are, compared to current game graphics.