Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Old Members

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member Posts: 357
    Razorback only counts in Aussie-land...

Love ya, beeotch.

Cartman has a big fat ass!

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Finwe

I'm still here...Kinda.
     Me and a few other older members have cornered Finwe and ganged him. We pumled his banstick he loved so much...and that is why he says "kinda", It's hard to get that banning exp up.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147
    I'm still here! I've been here since... somewhere in '04, I think. I was a pretty heavy poster.

Also, please remember to use the sticky thread to discuss our moderating. Thanks!
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Yeah Im still here.....

Modding is harder that it looks, I know I keep saying that.... but it has dimensions that you cant understand till your behind the scenes. It all seems very black and white when your posting. Ive got more warnings as a mod than I ever did as a poster LOL

This is the forum I have found most enjoyment from on the web, for obvious reasons I dont post as much or as brutally as I used to.... but Im not going anywhere

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    I too was banned wrongly, ban was revoked but all my posts were deleted.  The moderation here is a joke.  Took me a month before I could review games again.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• LostGraceLostGrace Member Posts: 380
    I miss OneMuslim. :(

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    I too got a tempory ban i didnt realy deserve [3days]. then i sent a question to t he mods basically asking why i was banned and the reply i got told me the reason [which i wont post as it may be an offence to do so] and i was then told that a 3 day ban was exessive so i was imediatly reinstated after 13 hours.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Azathoth

I'm not one of you all, but I've been around for a time.  A mod with a name starting with "D" banned me.  I knew him when he was just a little poster.  I have no idea whether or not he kissed butt to get his position (actually, I do have an idea), but HECK with it anyway.

MMORPG is a cool place.  However, if these kiddie mods keep banning people, MMORPG is gonna lose in the end.

Don't get me wrong, knowing me, I probably deserved to be banned.  That's not the point.  The fact is, the "D" that banned me had it out for me well before I was banned.  He gave me a warning (because he's not exactly stupid) and then banned me.  Funny that the return address was one I couldn't respond too, eh "D"?

Azathoth, A.K.A. Tenacious Pee.

BTW, thanks for draggin' me in the trap.  I love it, baby.

Well, since I am (or was), the only mod that starts with a "D", I suppose you are referring to me.  To correct you, I never have banned you.  The only action I have on your account was a warning for personal attacks.  You seem to think we randomly pick out people to warn/ban.  Most of the people we take action on are reported by your fellow members, and we follow guidelines passed down from the ones upstairs on whether or not you should receive a warning (which, according to the new RoC, warnings are no longer to be issued) or a ban.

As for "having it out for you" before you were banned; frankly, I have no idea who you are.  As for me becoming mod, I kissed no one's ass.  I simply asked if there was a spot open and it was offered to me.

And you cannot reply the mods directly because we use a form to issue warnings/bans.  We do not log into our mailbox and send them from there.  The letter is automatically generated and sent to you based on the type of infraction issued and the category we select and then includes comments that we enter as well.

Call me out if you wish. I don't have it out for anyone.  I apply the rules to everyone.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by xpyrofuryx

God all the old members are leaving. Theres only a handful left like; gameloading, Methane, Riki, Alex, MadAce, and draenor (dont be offended if I missed you and your a old member).
    You can scrap my name from that list in a few weeks or months.  I recently received a warning because I made a reply that contained (heaven forbids) sarcasm to someone that had just insulted me and many other people,  yet my post gets deleted and I get a warning for it. There is no justice on this forum.

One more joke like that an I'm out of here. I have spend quite a few years on this forum, and I enjoyed it, but its all going downhill ever since the Community manager decided Moderators should be more strict.  But receiving warnings for something like this is absolutely rediculous, and I'm sure a lot more people can post examples of warnings and bans that are not deserved, to the point where they get rediculous.

This isn't encouraging the growth of the community. its is just making people leave, its makes people afraid to post because a moderator might think its enough to give it a warning. its a forum about games, but its like the CM wants it to be a formal forum.

I'm sure a moderator is more then happy to tell me I should be quiet and post this in the sticky on top of the forum. But unfortunatly, this thread is about old members leaving, and the current more strict rulesetting are so screwed up that you can't talk about people leaving without including the rediculous strict moderation anymore.
  • FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056
    Been here alot longer then 90% of the people here. But I never get recognized hmm. . . guess I dont post enough.

Alot of the old old member arnt here anymore sadly.  :(

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    Originally posted by FilipinoFury

Been here alot longer then 90% of the people here. But I never get recognized hmm. . . guess I dont post enough.

Alot of the old old member arnt here anymore sadly.  :(
    I remember you FF...

there were some great times in the Riki Sunday night chats...

talking about my 18 foot ban stick... Or when shae came on... asking her if she'd done it with another girll and for her to tell us the story :D

good times... good times..

when need to get that rolling again...

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Banned twice in one week last time I was here, both times felt pretty spurious.

No point disputing it. Posting here is a privilage not a right.

Didn't realise it was happening to everyone, I just assumed it was personal and found somewhere new.

• InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115
    I'll be back around eventually I'm sure. Moving across the country has made me busy as hell this last month and a half, and I don't even have internet access at my house yet

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020
    Originally posted by Dekron

Most of the people we take action on are reported by your fellow members, and we follow guidelines passed down from the ones upstairs on whether or not you should receive a warning (which, according to the new RoC, warnings are no longer to be issued) or a ban.

And that is the exact problem. You go running off to check violations on the word of whiny little tits who's idiotic blubbering shouldn't even be acknowledged. WHY do you listen to these people when they have repeatedly shown what they are? Tell them that's what the block option is for and to shut their pie hole.

Oh well, gone again. Have fun with your whiny bitches who damn near break out in tears when people tell them they are spewing stupid all over the forums.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by LostGrace

I miss OneMuslim. :(

I got a nice chuckle out of that ....

Nothing brought out more banable rhetoric than one of his posts...

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286
    Originally posted by methane47

I remember you FF...

there were some great times in the Riki Sunday night chats...

talking about my 18 foot ban stick... Or when shae came on... asking her if she'd done it with another girll and for her to tell us the story :D

good times... good times..

when need to get that rolling again...

I remember those!

Yeah, we do need to get those going again. Riki, pick a date and time, and as long as I'm still active, I'm there. We haven't had one for months.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• I remember you FF.

Riki needs more chats. I've never been warned or banned, but if someone recorded the inane rants I've delivered during chats I'd probably be banned into oblivion.

...say Riki, how's that sister of yours?
  • PunkMonkPunkMonk Member Posts: 483

Hmm, just out of curiousity. Would I be consitered an old time member? Or do I earn that at the 500 post mark..

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I believe I got 2 warnings already !  I will be here until I get banned or I quit playing MMOs.. I doubt that will be for some time.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Enigma

Im still around
    Damn, En1gma!  You ole Priest, you!  Honestly, if you ain't a mod anymore you should be.  I miss you.  Hell, I miss me (when I wasn't a jerk).  Wait a minute.  Was I never not a jerk?

Rock on, me brotha!

Cyphers rock!

Why thank you!!

Naw..I cant be a MOD...if I were to ever become one again, I would be fired within thirteen hours.  I hate the new modding rules they have set up here.  I knew that if I was to challenge them as a MOD, Id get canned....or the sh*t beat out of me somewhere behind my house the next time I take out the trash at night.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• I kind of enjoy you not being a mod, En1gma. Without the mod responsibilities you get to post your opinions, and they are always interesting.
  • 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Im still around
    Damn, En1gma!  You ole Priest, you!  Honestly, if you ain't a mod anymore you should be.  I miss you.  Hell, I miss me (when I wasn't a jerk).  Wait a minute.  Was I never not a jerk?

Rock on, me brotha!

Cyphers rock!

Why thank you!!

Naw..I cant be a MOD...if I were to ever become one again, I would be fired within thirteen hours.  I hate the new modding rules they have set up here.  I knew that if I was to challenge them as a MOD, Id get canned....or the sh*t beat out of me somewhere behind my house the next time I take out the trash at night.

Somehow the vision of a scene in Shawn of The Dead where they are dancing around the zombie in the bar  beating it with pool cues popped into my head...I mean I could see the words AUTHORIZED MMORPG.COM BAN STICK printed on the pool cues.

In all seriousness though, I think MMORPG modding started to change after the rule about mods not being able to post and then being changed to you adding a disclaimer that these are your views and not those of mmorpg.com.  I enjoyed your posts and Dekrons as well and then they messed things up a bit.

I have seen the sight decline a little in my year and change.  I wish I could say it has gotten better, but I really just come back to see Riki and the rest of the crazy oldtimers who where here when I first started posting.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Sawtooth

...say Riki, how's that sister of yours?

I still can't believe you remember that. Give it up man!

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    No one knows me its ok i dont post much. I log on everyday though.  No one seems to remember the ancient members taht no longer come here like kiamde or murt, those were crazy good times, even though i didnt post much back then either, i still remember reading alot of good threads.  I guess this sort of era comes along every 2 years, 2 years ago it was wheres satans disciple, kiamde, murt, etc. now its wheres modjoe, draenor, xexima.....

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    I've been posting every day O_O 

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.