Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WORLDS BEST GAME in your opinion?

Comments

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by DuraheLL

Such a downgrade from the older versions. Can't they make ONE decent 3D RTS game?

No... 2d RTS ftw

• jnkyjnky Member Posts: 36

1,           Halflife....I dont think ive missed an episode ;)

2,           Team fortress - yeh I know, see above but this one deserves its own rating for what it achieved, and TF2 looks awesome.

3,           I have to mention Neocron 1, if you never played it or only played it for a few days you will disagree but this game was awesome and still is very unique.

herb...herb is a plant

• WarblazeWarblaze Member UncommonPosts: 178
    See my avatar :P

1 Full Throttle

2 Indiana jones and the fate of Atlantis

3 Half life

I really liked those old point and click adventure games, they usually had a good story and kept you busy for a while. Nowadays it's all about the graphics... bah.

- Edit -  Oh, and how could i forget Resident evil 1? 
  • HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210
    Fallout
  • Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    Chrono Trigger (snes)

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671
    Originally posted by methane47

I actually did have it... I got it with donkey kong...

But Perfect Dark was still dropping frames like crazy..

not that it wasn't a great game...
    I only experience low frame rate on it when I was in Multiplayer with 4 people and full bots.

Anyway, my personal best game is Goldeneye (N64). Only game I have ever player to full completion with all the cheats unlocked (took me a year to that though).

Just a shame that its one of the classics that will never appear on the virtual console.

Originally posted by DuraheLL

Originally posted by albinofreak

Did you play the new C&C? I hear its bad. Damn EA messing with our games.
    Such a downgrade from the older versions. Can't they make ONE decent 3D RTS game?

Supreme Commander

Company of Heroes

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War

Unless your just talking about EA, then its a no.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Warblaze

Hehe yea how could you ^^ Seriously the most amusing and original experience of it's time!

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

My vote is in for Starcraft and it's expansions. I'll always go back and re-install those and play them online when I'm bored.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by dsorrent

My vote is in for Starcraft and it's expansions. I'll always go back and re-install those and play them online when I'm bored.
    Truth :) Thus a rumor tells the original B-Net will be dumped in order to make SC2 an inevitable success, however any of theese rumors are truth or not we will only be able to tell when time comes.

Anyway my account name is IshinkeN and I play Protoss ;) (APM: 130)

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• Pzycho112Pzycho112 Member Posts: 41
    Half Life

Back in time it had so many great mods, but most of them has died out now. This is a game which really kicks in multiplayer when at a lan party. Me and my mates tend to gank each other in Half Life every now and then.

Metal Gear Solid

This is the only game I have ever completed more than 30 times ( ). The story is great, the gameplay was awesome back then, I mean, stealthing is so much more fun than just shooting everything that moves.

Neverwinter Nights

This game is really great if you actually roleplay since the combat is rather dull. Still this game as keept me in my room in front of my computer for many hours straight. It has a really good story, many different classes (Though i found the mage classes imposible to play). The multiplayer isnt that great though, but hey, it was made for singleplayer.

StarCraft

I remember back when I was a kid. Me and my mate used to play this a bit after school every day. Then about 5 or 6 years later he challenges me to a game of StarCraft. And it was still as fun as it was back in the days. This is one of the games that just wont die. I believe that it still has a few years to go before people change to a new RTS.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

I guess there is no reason why not to list my top 5 games  First one will be the most favourate one BTW.

1. Realms Of The Haunting - A trully atmospheric game with a interesting Occult based story.

2. System Shock 2 - you try walking through the shoping centre hearing the ships AI spout out christams special offers while you walk past the blood splatters and Zombiefied crew and tell emthis game isant atmospheric.

3. Eve Online - i have been playing this steadily for 4 years now it never gets boring.

4. Starcraft - One of the best RTS games out there today despite its great age.

5. Final Fantasy 7 - This was my first final fantasy and i still love it today.

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Or how about Freelancer. Isn't that a classic one? In my opinion this is a very good game, with graphics that still can conquer.
  • naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909
    Originally posted by Warblaze

See my avatar :P

1 Full Throttle

2 Indiana jones and the fate of Atlantis

3 Half life

I really liked those old point and click adventure games, they usually had a good story and kept you busy for a while. Nowadays it's all about the graphics... bah.

I wouldnt say Full Throttle was the best, it was too damn easy and short, but i loved Sam and Max
  • PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Finwe
    Total Annihilation.
    Had accomplished so much when it was released nearly 10 years ago, that so few RTS's today have even been able to replicate.
    Imo, was the greatest RTS of all time. Sheer genius.

Someone give this man a beer, I agree with that decision fully...

Maybe even add homeworld 2 as a runner up, it was amazing while it lasted.

• cityzencityzen Member CommonPosts: 313

Metal Gear Solid. 

Just liked the storyline, and the different elements of the game. I think it was the first covert ops type game I played, beat it enough times to get the invis suit, never did that for a game before or since.

------------------------------------

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

I can only go on the amount of hours I have put into a game as the measure of how good it was....

Therefore UO is it for me...

Second...... Total War series

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147
    Wolfenstein 3D

Dune II

Metal Gear Solid

Jagged Alliance 2

Diablo 2

And early Star Wars Galaxies as an honourable mention!
  • xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585

Metal Gear Solid

KOTOR (1 and to a lesser extent 2)

LoZ: Twilight princess + Ocarina of Time

are proberly my all time favourites followed by some runner-ups like FF7+8, chrono trigger, LoZ: Link's awakening, counter strike: source....

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Here's just a list of games I like because it's far too hard to determine which is the best.

#1 Original X-Com Series

#2 Lucas Arts Graphic Adventures

#3 Quake

#4 Frontier

#5 Ultima Underworld 1 & 2

And some great modern ones:

#1 Company of Heroes

#2 Morrowind

#3 Civ 4

Some wierd personal favourites:

#1 Dwarf Fortress

#2 Settlers 1

Console wise:

#1 Zelda series

#2 Mario Kart

#3 Tetris (don't laugh - DS version rocks !)

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079

I loved Starcraft and hell Warcraft for that matter. They were both very fun games. The voices for the Orcs and Trolls still make me laugh.

Diablo II also stole many days from me.

And yes WoW was a blast for a few months until the community changed.

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Geez, theres been so many.

Does Strip Poker count as the best game of all time???

Other than that my pick would be the first MIght & Magic on the Mega Drive (Genesis in the US i think).  Solely based on the fact that it was the first game i got with the system and i could not stop playing it, it hooked me.  Games today do not hold my attention for as long as they did 15 years ago.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Screw you kids, and yer fancy newfangled console gizmos.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Originally posted by albinofreak

Did you play the new C&C? I hear its bad. Damn EA messing with our games.
    It's quite good in multiplayer, it just needs some balancing and some bug fixing. Only way to counter a tank rush is to tank rush yourself.. AFAIK they are making a big patch which should come out in may.

CnC3 is pretty much like a mixture of all the previous games... it's not the huge innovation, but it's quite fun.

• VagelispVagelisp Member UncommonPosts: 448

Screenshot of Heavy on the Magick

Well who cares about Graphics and balance when it comes to a 48 k machine? Well actually these people did. To the best programmers that ever walked on the earth.

Gargoyle Games 1986.

Heavy on the Magick.

I still remember the first time i saw Axil the able running around in dungeons and calling Apex the ogre for help. This game' s first time impressions and feelings have not been replaced by anything even after 21 years.

LOAD ""

"APEX, THANKS"

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Flem

Geez, theres been so many.
    Does Strip Poker count as the best game of all time???
    Other than that my pick would be the first MIght & Magic on the Mega Drive (Genesis in the US i think).  Solely based on the fact that it was the first game i got with the system and i could not stop playing it, it hooked me.  Games today do not hold my attention for as long as they did 15 years ago.

Old School: 

1) Might  and Magic I & II for the Comodore 64

Console:

1) Morrowind     2) SuperSmash Bros (N64)      3)  Mario Cart (for its ability to get girls to play video games next to me)

New Fangled Games:

1) Never Winter Nights (character creation)    2) Guild Wars (still favorite PvP)

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)