Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the Great War going?

MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
Up to this point... I lost track of it. Sometimes I get confused of which Alliances/Corps are supporting BoB and which are with the Coalition.

What do you guys know? Share it up.

Comments

• Gr4dientGr4dient Member Posts: 59

Well D2 are about as effective as ASCN was, which is not very.

The Goons + RA are being effective, as usual

BoB are cheating, as usual

MC are being very effective as you would expect

The BoB pets are about the same as d2

So the war in the west is turning into a slugfest while in the south the RA + Goons bandwagon rolls on.  Cause, as cheater Molle pointed out, the Goons + RA are just better at fighting.

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    But, who is on who side?
  • PhelanLPhelanL Member Posts: 99
    BoB side is...

BoB, MC, FIX, then a bunch of BoB pets... xelas, fatal, rise, dark rising...

Coalition is...

Goons, RA, D2, IRON, TCF, pure, razor, snigg, and basically everbody else and their mom.

'Everybody else and their mom'

That quote is priceless.
  • Rod_BRod_B Member Posts: 203

Fountan front is gone. D2 is back in the north defending atm.

Querious front is dead, D2's buddy alliances there don't feel like risking their capitals ever since they lost a bunch and gained nothing for it.

Delve etc are no front, there's RA and RSF activity there but nothing special. Your average small roaming gangs that we know quite well how to deal with.

Feythabolis is the current spot of attention, as TCF and RA play POS warfare with BoB and our local friends there. So far, no side has gained much tbh. TCF et all seem to rely mostly on defending their towers in RA primetime, seeing as how the goons are noticeably absent or if not consciously so: quite underwhelming.

All in all, the offsensives in fountain and querious failed. The one in feythabolis is stagnant at best, and the question is what both sides are going to be doing to break things open in the next week or two.

• rhys1882rhys1882 Member Posts: 18
    MC has actually taken two of D2's outposts up in the North.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

well looks like BoB is winning again. Honestly it seems its not worth fighting bBoB unless you actully organise yourselvs.

• TommiLTommiL Member Posts: 10

im currently on trial on this game and i got very drawn into this topic, is this actually ingame war u guys are talking about, sounds cool.

sddsa

Yes, a war in game. People call it the Great War because it involves many alliances, an thus many players. An approximate of 5k players, give or take.
  • DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Originally posted by Rod_B

Fountan front is gone. D2 is back in the north defending atm.
    Querious front is dead, D2's buddy alliances there don't feel like risking their capitals ever since they lost a bunch and gained nothing for it.
    Delve etc are no front, there's RA and RSF activity there but nothing special. Your average small roaming gangs that we know quite well how to deal with.
    Feythabolis is the current spot of attention, as TCF and RA play POS warfare with BoB and our local friends there. So far, no side has gained much tbh. TCF et all seem to rely mostly on defending their towers in RA primetime, seeing as how the goons are noticeably absent or if not consciously so: quite underwhelming.
    All in all, the offsensives in fountain and querious failed. The one in feythabolis is stagnant at best, and the question is what both sides are going to be doing to break things open in the next week or two.
    Great post! I feel like I'm reading some WW2 stories.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Any wars with BoD = DEV wars.

Customers paying through the nose to get PWNed by the DEVs friends.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Oh how I love exploiting the obvious weakness of BloB... We've been stripmining quite a few of their systems for quite some time now as they're so bloody foolish that they leave their 'safe' systems undefended.
    Joy to the worlds :D

Oh, on topic (And less bragging, but then again they can't even find us ;))
    The war is going the right way,
    while the BloB guys seem to be doing 'good' they have some issues,
    one involving their downfall due to their idea of politics within the groups.
    But, ye, right now it all looks the same as before..

And to quote Oveur:
    Eternally yours, the other dumbass.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Love all the BoB bashing I see on every forum.  Are you people actually stupid enough to believe the Devs favor one alliance over another?  Little fact I know from being an ex CCP employee.  There are move Devs in D2 and TCF then in BoB and there so called pets.  And even more that are not even in an alliance.  Wish they would release the numbers to the public and get it over with. 

As for people always referring to BoB and there pets.  All the members are there by choice.  Some are even as competent as BoB.

And to answer the OP BoB and friends(not pets) are wooping up on the so called Coalition.  D2, Razor, Mihi are worthless.  RA and TCF are halfway competent.  And the goons well there absolute garbage.  Force bye numbers is all they can do.  We'll besides getting blown up a lot.  Numbers look something like this.  2000(BoB) vs 3800(Coalition).  

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Now if cheeba was only known for something but talking crap..
    Anyways, ya, I heard the last shipyard that was gently removed from BoB really proved their might...

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by Sramota

Anyways, ya, I heard the last shipyard that was gently removed from BoB really proved their might...
    HEHE

Originally posted by cheeba

Love all the BoB bashing I see on every forum.  Are you people actually stupid enough to believe the Devs favor one alliance over another?  Little fact I know from being an ex CCP employee.  There are move Devs in D2 and TCF then in BoB and there so called pets.  And even more that are not even in an alliance.  Wish they would release the numbers to the public and get it over with. 

As for people always referring to BoB and there pets.  All the members are there by choice.  Some are even as competent as BoB.

And to answer the OP BoB and friends(not pets) are wooping up on the so called Coalition.  D2, Razor, Mihi are worthless.  RA and TCF are halfway competent.  And the goons well there absolute garbage.  Force bye numbers is all they can do.  We'll besides getting blown up a lot.  Numbers look something like this.  2000(BoB) vs 3800(Coalition).  
    You are so authoritarian in all of your posts you seem foolish. I usually skip them, they just seem too aggressive and one sided to even consider them as information.

Please, I was looking for news. Not opinions.
    Originally posted by Sramota

What is wrong with my above post?  Its all facts not lies.  Sorry if you are in one of the alliance I spoke about above.  But its true and has been proven again and again. 

Sorry if I come off a little authoritarian, aggressive, or whatever you think.  I just have one way to express my thoughts.  And this is how I do it.  I will try my best to tone it down some in the future.  But have you even read any of my other posts?  Most are helpful with the rare bashing of WoW thrown in.  Exsteel thread check, invite threads check, WoW/LOTRO thread bashed WoW sorry, Eve bashing threads check minus.  I might not be known that well around here.  Been a lurker for a long time.  Longer than anyone else in this thread.  Had no reason to post much before as I was busy playing multiple games.  I have more time on my hands then I used to.  But I try to only bring truth to the table.  Not lies, crap, or anything else. 

-------------------------------------------

You mean that empty ship yard?  The one we set a trap for the capitals and killed over 50 and lost 4?  They lost over 100b isk in a couple hours.  We lost 10b maybe.

List of accomplishments for each side:

Coallition

+ Destroyed an RKK capital shipyard (EMPTY)

+ Evicted ISS

+ Killed 9 BoB Dreads in one engagement

+ Killed approx 50 BoB BSes in one engagement

+ Conquered 18 stations(a lot taken back)

+ Iron claimed a Quer station

+ VI defeat

- 3 stations lost in 24 hrs

- D2 DD own fleet using a suicide cyno carrier to do so

- 100? Large POS lost at 600-800mill a pop

- Curse alliance lost 2000 members

Alliance

+ Largest ever titan kills in one shot (LV - 212 ships)

+ Largest ever Dreadnought kills (50+ honeytrap)

+ Progress towards evicting D2

+ Killed first D2 Titan (BoB)

+ Killed IAC Nyx(Mothership)

+ Killed RA Mothership

+ Successfully repulsing all attacks on Fountain / Querious

+ Destroying ASCN(former largest alliance ingame)

- MC mothership embryo destroyed

Was this post more to your liking? 

---------------

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• PhelanLPhelanL Member Posts: 99
    All of BoBs friends and pets need to be taken out before BoB can go down, BoB gets to much economic support from them to be hurt right now.  LV, the strongest of BoB's allies went down in an eyeblink, the rest will go down.  Once thats done the coalition can start hurting BoB.

If the coalition loses it won't be because of BoB, it will be due to a loss of organization and focus, this is the greatest enemy of the coalition.

Originally posted by PhelanL

All of BoBs friends and pets need to be taken out before BoB can go down, BoB gets to much economic support from them to be hurt right now.  LV, the strongest of BoB's allies went down in an eyeblink, the rest will go down.  Once thats done the coalition can start hurting BoB.

If the coalition loses it won't be because of BoB, it will be due to a loss of organization and focus, this is the greatest enemy of the coalition.
    I agree with you that their friends need to be taken out before BoB will fall.  But you are wrong on a couple points I will point them out now. First there economic input to BoB has almost no affects on BoBs wallet compared with other means.  LV was not and is not there strongest ally.  That would go to the MC then I would say FATAL.  LV had numbers sure, but they lost a couple key pvp corps months back.  One happened to be F4T4L and they went and started FATAL Alliance and moved into the new regions up north.  Where they lived peacefully for 1.5 months or longer.  The other alliances in the region felt threatened a BoB ally was so close to their back yards.  So you had everyone and there brother form up to take them out. They were outnumbered 5 to 1 and even 8 to 1 near the end.   They withstood there attempts and caused significant damage for 1.5 months or so.  FATAL had lost a few billion in ships and a couple POSs.  The enemy's had lost billions after billions(20-30?).  And they took out Dread after Dread.  FATAL with the help of MC and Outbreak(both were there for only a few days) got the first Mothership kill.  FATAL being smart decided to accept a deal and sell the attackers there station.  I think they did this mostly to go and assist BoB and reinforce BoB's hold on Fountain. 

LV was in a tuff spot before they got involved in the war.  A hollow shell of what they once were IMO.  It will not be a cake walk for the Coalition to take out BoBs friends.  A totally different situation from what LV was in.  They are in BoBs backyard, a lot less spread out than LV was, and most don't have any stations that can be conquered.  The ones that do don't own them in the first place.  So BoB will respond in force to protect there assets.

---------------

Currently Playing:

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    LET THE STATISTICS WAR BEGIN!!!

Now to be serious, both sides have had large and small losses, both have huge ammounts of porpoganda, both have pushed each other into "safe" systems, both have had support destroyed.

The difference I see is that; BoB has managed to keep most of its major industry incomes going at full pelt whilst coalition has decreased. BoB didn't manage to "destroy" or be "destroyed" in the first month to two months. And that the only true thing stopping the coalitions ability to work together well, is CEO bigheads, who dont trust each other or who don't know how to manage other corp/allaince forces.

But MC, being the single largest BoB pet (pet as in payed by bob to do the dirty work) are the only true damage dealers as they are purely mobile and just work very well... I have fun trying to track their movements.

In closing - this war will go for atleast 7 months and it will end with one "Force" being restricted to a maximum of one region officially (personally I dont see how BoB can keep all their systems running, let alone the ones they will take over, without a lot more support as you can say, and the same for the coalition if they burn BoB to one region.... Just look at the amount of 0.0 under their control - 90% of 0.0? [thats both coalition and BoB forces controlled space])

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by binjuice

LET THE STATISTICS WAR BEGIN!!!

Now to be serious, both sides have had large and small losses, both have huge ammounts of porpoganda, both have pushed each other into "safe" systems, both have had support destroyed.

The difference I see is that; BoB has managed to keep most of its major industry incomes going at full pelt whilst coalition has decreased. BoB didn't manage to "destroy" or be "destroyed" in the first month to two months. And that the only true thing stopping the coalitions ability to work together well, is CEO bigheads, who dont trust each other or who don't know how to manage other corp/allaince forces.

But MC, being the single largest BoB pet (pet as in payed by bob to do the dirty work) are the only true damage dealers as they are purely mobile and just work very well... I have fun trying to track their movements.

In closing - this war will go for atleast 7 months and it will end with one "Force" being restricted to a maximum of one region officially (personally I dont see how BoB can keep all their systems running, let alone the ones they will take over, without a lot more support as you can say, and the same for the coalition if they burn BoB to one region.... Just look at the amount of 0.0 under their control - 90% of 0.0? [thats both coalition and BoB forces controlled space])

Oh good Jesus.. I have no clue what you just said but this is definitly the reason I still play EVE (with 6 accounts) after two years.

*hats off for sounding like you know what the fuck you're talking about*

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• DCommunistDCommunist Member Posts: 6
    <insert huggles for Rod>

Yeah, let the statistics wars begin. 10 Dreadnaughts lost, 100+ downed and one region conquered.
  • pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

intresting views I gotta say :)

I better start investing in more miners the ores is getting more and more profits into it :)

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Here is a summary from last  week (not including last weekend) - taken from EVE-O forum:

---------------------

Western Front: Querious

Participants: FIX + BoB vs RAZOR/IRON/MM

Outlook: Ugly.

RAZOR/IRON/MM have been hammering at Querious, tower-spamming 9CG, and most recently sieging H74. The good news is that the rent-paying pet alliance Gunboat Diplomacy hit failure cascade and quit to empire; reports indicate that ISS (all 300 remaining of them) will be replacing them in the H74 station and paying rent to BoB. The bad news is that the North lost all their towers in 9CG to BoB, and have only a few up to contest H74. The awful news is that IRON apparently got cocky with dreads and lost six of the damn things to BoB yesterday. Whoops.

Northern Front: Fade/Deklien

Participants: YW/MC vs FLA/D2

Outlook: Ugly trending towards Grim

MC and YW have successfully pushed on Fade, and D2 has thus far been unable to resist their assaults on C4C. The D2 response appears to be to POS-spam in return. MC is chewing on Fade and has begun initial attacks on Deklien against FLA, but nothing conclusive there as yet.

Eastern Front: Feythabolis, Esoteria, Paragon Soul

Participants: BoB +RISE/CoRM/EXE vs RSF + UNL + Ka-Tet

Outlook: Pretty damn good, thank you

Sustained cross-timezone assaults have left many pets in the region on the verge of a failure cascade. Southern Connection has been entirely wiped off the map, and CoRM is next on the list in K-9 and 2-RS, K-9 under heavy sov assault by RSF forces. This weekend BoB has come east to try to reassure pets, but this has not worked very well. At the moment a number of TCF towers have been put into reinforced by BoB, but all have been accurately set, stront-wise, to an ideal time for us (RA primetime, sup).

Cockfagging and griefing are at a fever pitch, and most complexes in this area are firmly under Russian control.

Endboss Front: Delve, Period Basis

Participants: BoB vs AAA, RA plex teams, SNIGG

Outlook: Decent enough, nothing exciting though.

Nothing sov-related happening here; lots of AAA/SNIGG ganking. The only part of strategic interest is the removal of the bugged Blood Raider complexes, and the pretty firm control over the other BoB complexes by teams of Russian runners.

--------------------------------------------------------------

My personal impressions :

While BoB had some victories, they are slowly losing the war. Their allies on the southern front have died/are dying ... and only BoB main fleet intervention keeps em running. BoB cannot be everywhere at once all the time (burn out will take its toll too). BoB has lost a lot of its income (from complexes) directly  to their foe (Red Alliance plex runner teams). BoB has lost more income as coalition kills their rent paying pet corps at leisure - several have already fled back to empire. BoB has lost even more income as the T2 item cartels have broken down due to invention (with prices of T2 items fallen  to half price or less). With the BPO lottery being phased out by CCP, their advantage on the BPO front (illegally gained from friendly dev information) will no longer give them an edge.

Still .... it will be a long war.

It is also important that BoB lost its nimbus on invincibility. The coalition can kill any target anywhere anytime and BoB cannot stop them. One can replace ships, but one cannot replace a tarnished reputation.

have fun

Erillion

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Just to ley you know that Gunboat has not quit to empire. There was a break that a large majority of our members took,  but that was due to internal stresses not the war.