Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A sign that SWG is going downhill...

zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356
A free trial?  I smell the sweet stench of failure wafting in... image

Comments

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419

actually a trial is not a sign of something bad as dark age of camolot has one and that game is great

im sorry i seem to have gotten my sword stuck in your ribs

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356
    Well...DAoC isn't exactly setting the online gaming world on fire anymore, is it?

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

This game sucks and I hope it dies a slow and miserable death, but unfortunately I don't think this is the sign that it is going down. Until the Star Wars fan boys realize this game sucks it will go on for a good long time.

Anyway, AO offers a constant free trail and it is arguably a very successful game. Free trials mean nothing. Hell drug dealers give out free "samples" all the time in an effort to get new addicts and that certainly isn't a sign that the black market on drugs is going down hill; consequently SWG is just trying to get more "addicts."

SWG is trying to expand their market and I wish them the worste of luck.image

===========================
    To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356

It's not the Star Wars fanboys...in fact, it's the fanboys that hate it.  I love Star Wars--I've been in love with the stories ever since I first saw them when they were re-released in theaters when I was six.

The fact is, this game is NOT a proper representation of the Star Wars Universe.  It doesn't feel like Star Wars, and it has only served to bitter me from the saga--something that I never wanted to happen.  DAMN SOE!

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by zide56

It's not the Star Wars fanboys...in fact, it's the fanboys that hate it.  I love Star Wars--I've been in love with the stories ever since I first saw them when they were re-released in theaters when I was six.
    The fact is, this game is NOT a proper representation of the Star Wars Universe.  It doesn't feel like Star Wars, and it has only served to bitter me from the saga--something that I never wanted to happen.  DAMN SOE!

gross overstatement.  Theres alot of fanboys in game....  trust me on that one.  But im not a fan boy, so that doesnt really effect me all too much.

~Best thing since sliced bread

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Free trials don't indicate death, it's become almost normal to release a trial.  I'm sure a year after release we'll see trials out for WoW, EQ2, MEO and MxO.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

Whatever! I think it's the Fan Boy's, you don't. Neither of us can prove or disprove each other so it then becomes an opinion.

The fact still remains that a trial means nothing. Point made. 

===========================
    To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

I think we all forget the fact that single player games have been offering "free" demos for years and they have become the industry norm. MMORPG beta tests could be considered the equivalent of the single player game demos but often times they are limited where the number of players are concerned and can be incomplete and buggy.

A "free trial" solves this issue perfectly as it allows those who are on the fence a chance to try the game in it's current "finished" state. Doing this hardly signals that a particular game is in trouble, it is a sign that the game company is trying to expand it's player base for many reasons.

I appreciate them and think they are a great marketing strategy by the companies that run them. I hope this trend continues and would love a chance to try CoH or FFIX next.

-Hrnac