Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question on servers

FadeFade Member Posts: 419

im about to start the game and i want to know whats the newest and most balanced (imps vs rebs)

im sorry i seem to have gotten my sword stuck in your ribs

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

Comments

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356
    Balance?  Such words in SWG are considered heresy.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Fade

im about to start the game and i want to know whats the newest and most balanced (imps vs rebs)

Fade I started back up (played since Beta and gave it up Back in Jan) and the game is sorta decent SO FAR (and I really stress "so far")

Im on Chilastra server (the only problem is that you wont find a whole lotta people on any server saved 3 or 4).  But in a few months they should be getting repopulated again due to the expansion

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

From the official website the server with the closest balance of Imps and Rebels is Europe-Infinity with a 0.82% difference favoring the Rebels.  If you're looking for a US server (ping isn't that much greater on Europer servers though) the closest is Bloodfin with 6.52% difference favoring the Rebels.

Also, servers have plenty of people on them...it's just people know where to go to get things done so there are concentrations of people in a dozen or so areas.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419

i guess ill be on bloodfin

which server has the least amount of how you say....l337 d00bs with too much money?
    and what server has the best community

All the servers have "l337 d00ds" but I don't see how any one person could say which server has the best community.  I found the people on Kettemoor and Ahazi to be generally friendly and helpful.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

hmmm looks like i got a hard choice

• CrimeCrime Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Back in beta Bloodfin was designated the Unofficial PvP Server, so keep that in mind. I'm not sure if it's the same now but it was in the beginning. The communities pretty good though.

i heard bloodfin had the screwed up economy

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89
    ahazi always has peeps on.

~Best thing since sliced bread

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

Bloodfin is still the unofficial PvP server and yes the economy is very different from other servers.  Many items sell for much more on Bloodfin than they do on other servers.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Eclipse and Bria i would say have the most folks on them. There has always been a war of words between the two servers about which server is best. Other servers don't seem to count.

It's very easy to find items and equipment you want on Eclipse and are cheaper to buy and find than on Tempest where i have dabbled recently.

Dependancy on other people isn't really that big a deal on Swg. Once you have a few creds you can be pretty well self sufficient if you pick a combat class like marksmen or unarmed.

My tips....start on tatooine...(heard that isnt a starting planet option tho now...is this right?)

shuttle to anchorhead and find the rebel terminal and do delivery missions. This get you around 80 creds per mission and you can do 2 at a time. They are very short distances ...around 70 metres to deliver the message. In a hour you will have a few thousand credits.

Fly back to your starting city i:e mos eisley and visit and get trained in whatever additional skills you want such as novice medic, marksmen, unarmed, scout etc.

Off you go on your adventure.

Pan