Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does PvP works?!

Scary_PeaScary_Pea Member Posts: 56

I wonder how PvP works in WoW. I have heard about PvP servers but i wonder if you can kill monsters there too. If so, why don´t make all servers into PvP servers. Is there a special place or the whole world that is PvP?

All the power to Blizzard::::08::

All makt

Comments

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Scary, you really need to read the FAQ on the wow official home page. Please please read them. You keep asking questions that are easily answered by reading that FAQ, or a couple reviews. If you really love WoW so much, you would take the time to do that.

However, I'll humor you one more time.

Here's how the "NORMAL" server for WoW is suggested to be. Faction VS Faction. With specific zones where you can PvP with people NEAR your level, so don't worry about going into a PvP zone and being ganked by someone 30 levels higher than you, if it's how they say it is then PvP should be fun at all points in the game, something other games lack... except DAOC with it's addition of the battle grounds. So there'll be monsters every where they should be, right where they are now. Only in certain regions you can fight other players from the other faction. Along with the Arena, and other things similiar to that. They even speak of seiging towns. Wait and see I suppose. This server gets implimented next push, then you can all stop asking about it.

Then there's the classic PvP server, which means anyone can kill anyone, any where. Usualy after a certain level, usualy in just about every NON-city zone, and usualy you get xp for these kills. However Yes, there will still be monsters and quests. Blizzard could always take a PvP server a different way, but that's generaly how they're set up. Humans killing humans, orcs killing orcs. Orcs and humans grouping together, orcs and humans forging guilds together. No faction boundaries. Obviously that wouldn't be the 'normal' server because it totaly spits on the Warcraft lore. However it will mean more happy players. So I'm betting they'll have it.

Then there's the idea of a co-op server. Very similiar to the PvP server idea, only without the killing of other players. Both factions can group together, forge guilds together and trade together. However you can't fight anyone, anywhere, for any reason under any cercumstance. Other than outside the Arena, or duels.

Now aside from the first type of PvP, the FvF that gets implimented next push, the rest has yet to be confirmed, they're still deciding. There's also no reason to push them or worry about stuff that will change before the game is released. I understand people wanting to know, but it's best to only think about the stuff blizzard is confirming, and be a little more patient on stuff which they havn't gotten around to yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius