Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the trial pain

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

2 days ago i started a trial on wow dint played since US beta
after 19 h i am lvl 13 hunter i get my alchemy/herb/first aid/cooking skills
now i see myself "half naked" because cant buy any item from AH cant even use a trade channel or a direct trade to other character
i know that farmers are a pain on wow but a trial account need to buy stuff if sell is blocked ok but like this none can help u :S

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• PolrpgPolrpg Member Posts: 71

Does it need credit card to trial?

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Polrpg
    Does it need credit card to trial?

is supposed to be trial not to pay
    i get 10 days trial and i dont put my credit card on registration process

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

While true,
    I'd like to point out that every character I've leveled up above level 30 in WoW (Which goes beyond 40 of them..) I'm yet to use the AH or other players until I'm around 25-30.
    There's just no need for gear that doesn't come from drops.
    Apart from bags,
    but they can be bought from NPCs (Costs more, sure, but hey, it's not much in the end)

Also - you're a hunter, you have almost no use for any special gear whatsoever until high-end.
    (Well according to the best hunter-leveler there is atleast :P )

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

other bad side is that i get some nice drops (green) ad cant sell them and NPC only give u 2s on Ah are 40/50 more expensive

• JimmyLegsJimmyLegs Member Posts: 361
    Even if it required a CC to play, you still wound be limited on the core options in WoW, like you said AH and Trade Chat. The trial is more like a striped down copy of WoW. Yes it was designed to keep the gold runners and farmers at bay, and it seemed to work but hey I never bought gold nor do I play WoW any more, so more power to them! I'm going to assume you don't speak English as your 1st language because of your lacking in sentence structure and spelling (my spelling sucks too but I type out most words in forums).

WoW is another game that is "You like it or hate it." now a days. Honestly pay the $20 or so for the 30 days or don't bother. Even though I'm an ex-WoW player and don't really like the game any more, that is a good deal. Seeing some games are $30-50 and it ends up being garbage AND you don't even finish the 30 days lol.
  • SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Originally posted by cosy
    other bad side is that i get some nice drops (green) ad cant sell them and NPC only give u 2s on Ah are 40/50 more expensive

If it makes you feel better: Noone would pay more for those green drops anyways.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    So....you are complaining about something you got for free, did I read this right?  lol

Originally posted by Hubabuba
    So....you are complaining about something you got for free, did I read this right? lol

nah but is supposed to make ppl join in the game not force them to pay if need a "full game"
    and if real wanna take gold farmers away let trial buy stuff and receive but dont let them sell so ya n00bs can be helped by other ppl and like that enjoy the trial and maybe stay on game

• kruchkruch Member Posts: 20

on th eone hand the trail is a pain,but Blizzard gives them out like candy, so they do need some control for  those that try to abuse the system at the coost of every one else. On the bright side once your trial is over you can just pony up and, or not even wait til then to fully activate yoru account if you feel the need to

Gygax is to Gaming what Kirby was to comics
    Alas poor Elric I was a thousand times more evil than you

Slice N Dice: Game and Pizza Parlour

WWBYD What would Brigham Young do ?
    http://www.geocities.com/J_Elric_Smith/Index.html

• lauxeslauxes Member Posts: 88
    i can solve your problem with the tial account, go out and buy the game get an account pay for it, then you can use everything you want to use :)
  • RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Um.........

This is a really bizarre topic imo :)

The OP has a link to the EVE trial in his sig, which many of us know, has many similar restrictions.  You can't train certain skills, you can't use certain ships, certain features of the game are blocked off to you, and many corps explicitly state they do not want anything to do with trial accounts.

If I'm not mistaken, Everquest 2 has similar restrictions.

So WoW's trial would appear to be a pretty standard deal.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

now i see myself "half naked" because cant buy any item from AH cant even use a trade channel or a direct trade to other character

i know that farmers are a pain on wow but a trial account need to buy stuff if sell is blocked ok but like this none can help u :S

• World of Warcraft is NOT FREE TO PLAY.

• You trial the game to see if you want to pay to play.

• If you don't like the trial or the game, stop playing.

• If you like the game, but hate the trial, buy the game and end the trial.

• If you are playing the trial because you can't afford the game, stop playing and find a FREE TO PLAY MMO.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466

Buy the game.
  • SeytSeyt Member Posts: 36
    ????

WoW addict.

• KinslayerXKinslayerX Member Posts: 87
    If you are on the 10 day trial and have not completed the upgrade to full account details, then you're stuck with the trial account restrictions. I have no problem with that if it helps to stop the gold /w I get in game on a minute by minute basis.

If you want to get the full features, input your trial code and upgrade to a full account straight away. You still get the 10 days from the trial added to your account but without any of the trial restrictions.  By upgrading immediately you '10 trial days' essentially become '10 bonus days on your full account', you don't lose any trial days when you upgrade.

CoH/CoV - D-Zol/Kinslayer
    Auto Assault - Slayer
    WoW, LOTRO, DDO - Kinsul
    Matrix Online - Tempest

well i buy the game changed the server and started from 0

now get a warrior lvl 16 in 20h play and over 3 gold , is that a good ratio ?

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

well i buy the game changed the server and started from 0
    now get a warrior lvl 16 in 20h play and over 3 gold , is that a good ratio ?

Pretty good, yes. With the thought that it's your second time (counted trial too) it's pretty good time to get to lvl 16.

I would however suggest u to enjoy ur time exping to 70, as the first time is the absolutely best. It's a new experience and everything is new and amazing. Don't focus too much on exping as fast as possible and so on, just have fun.

• D|CED|CE Member Posts: 197
    I wish trials could not send tells also. I know, you hate me for wishing that, but millions of us are being spammed by goldsellers every half hour. Very frustrating.