Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cartoon or life like look?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
ok witch you prefer  more imaginative content in a cartoon fairly easy to render or life like but bored to death by repetitive content?me as long as its cool looking still if its simpler for them why not cartoon and make it more fun for us in content lol .often game designer put lame cartoonish look and thats a nono .it as to be quality still not something out a of a pentium 1 computer lol.

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Highly depends on the creativity and detail.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• bigdadtybigdadty Member Posts: 2
    it really depends i like the cartoonish style but i also like the real life look eather way i like both......also it depends which game it is and how its used so im for both
  • grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    Im a big fan of FPS's and real life is really cool and all but it gets really repetative at times, over the weekend i started playing conkers live and reloaded again (a port of conkers bad fur day from the N64 to the xbox) and its a crazy good bloody violent game but instead of people it uses cartoon squirrels and teddy bears and is set up in this really cartoony land, but damn does it have me hooked, i wish there were more games like it.  I really recomend it, its like $20 now.

• ThelastwaaghThelastwaagh Member Posts: 92
    Have you played Lugaru?  Kind of a dusturbed game where your a bunny that kills other bunnies the ku-fu and knife thowing is pretty sweet.

-for the overmind.

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671
    Realism is a substitute for imagination, because it requires none. Mind you, the same goes for generic anime, cel-shading, etc.

As long as a game has a cohesive art style it doesn't matter. Think of it like movies such as Alien and Blade Runner, both in very generic Sci-Fi worlds yet everything in them looks like it belongs, from the characters to the sets everything belongs in that world. And thats what sets them apart.