Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this game fun?

deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112
how is this game? i has kind of an old martial arts look to it which is kind of a turn off to me... i like the character build system on games like flyff, goonzu, and maple story. is it anything like that, or is it like scions of fate where practically every character is exactly the same? i only like mmorpgs where u can build a character to be unique and allows you to play the way you want, not just 3 ways.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comments

• BetadogBetadog Member Posts: 20

pretty sweet ... well diffrent anyway not the same old same old for a while anyway... but then like the rest it seems a little repetitive...

worth a shot

Thanks
    Betadog
    Betadogs Earn free game time on your favorite MMORPG Quickly

Find all the latest game and application Beta news and Downloads

• BunglermooseBunglermoose Member Posts: 63

I love, love, LOVE that the setting is Eastern-themed rather than the same, tired European-style fantasy world. And hey, it's free.

That said, it *does* get repetitive, the quests aren't all the in-depth and there isn' t much immersion. For me, it's a fun, mindless game to play when I'm bored of something else.

• JylesJyles Member Posts: 13
    its fun for 2-4 weeks!!! once u get high lvl >> its either pk all te time, or do bloody plains >>!~ no Band wars X__X levling takes 12 hours once u get to level 80.............. everything gets old in te game... if they had more quests to do it would be funner.. not enough community stuff.
  • AzalinRexAzalinRex Member Posts: 47
    if you play 3-4 a day it is a acceptable/fun game. if you are a 24/7 player nerd the game gets boring really fast.
  • JylesJyles Member Posts: 13
    i guess ur right buddy LOL... :~D
  • YoshitsuneYoshitsune Member Posts: 4
    Well I don't know about the time it takes to lvl up in the high lvls since my highest character is Revolving Chakra cheng 6, but I will say that this game is probably the #1 free to play mmorpg out there and even though its still beta, it rocks. Once the game is finally released... OMG!!!! That about all I can say for this game. Truely amazing. My recommendation to you is to try out different roles and clans to experience the variety of skills in the game. Who knows, you may even find a certain clan and role that greatly interests you and may stick with you throughout the whole game, making you not notice the lvling time.
  • ab29xab29x Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by Yoshitsune

Well I don't know about the time it takes to lvl up in the high lvls since my highest character is Revolving Chakra cheng 6, but I will say that this game is probably the #1 free to play mmorpg out there and even though its still beta, it rocks. Once the game is finally released... OMG!!!! That about all I can say for this game. Truely amazing. My recommendation to you is to try out different roles and clans to experience the variety of skills in the game. Who knows, you may even find a certain clan and role that greatly interests you and may stick with you throughout the whole game, making you not notice the lvling time.

Oh gee.  I may find a certain clan.   Maybe even a role that greatly interests me.  1 post.   You sir are a bit too obvious.

• Cpt.StubbingCpt.Stubbing Member Posts: 269
    Its fun-ish. I agree i love the oreintal stuff. I hope that the full version has more stuff than the beta. Lotsa fun tho. (Dont kill me when i say this) I think if this had a Matrix skin, and the ability to respect at the drop of a hat It would be the PERFECT MXO. LOL
  • davmordavmor Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Yoshitsune

How can you not notice the leveling? At 0.05 per mob and nothing else to do but kill 2000 of em per level it slaps you right in the face and I aint even that high a level. Graphics are good, skills are OK but once you're 3 - 4 dys in and completed most of the fair (at best) content it becomes

It hs real potential to be a very good MMORPG and I'll stick with it for a while longer but Acclaim need to add content, lots of content and very quickly, lots of friends online are getting itchy feet, my entire hero bnd is looking for pastures new and ready to asign it to the "was almost a good free MMORPG" pile in their recycle bins.

Oh and on a final flame there are the adverts, its a free game most of the placement is fine but some do effect game play. Acclaims forum has an area where this has been commented on time and again, what did they do? They ignored the beta testers and made it worse!

Also ab29x is bang on, your post is oviouse. Tacky, very very Tacky

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65
    What level are you and wich monsters do you kill to get only 0.05 %?

Come on... Give me a break!

Originally posted by dhrddm

What level are you and wich monsters do you kill to get only 0.05 %?

If you hve ever played this game to a reasonable level you wouldn't question the post and when you winge about it higher lvl players laugh and tell you to wait till you reach their level. Thats a common theme of the game, just when you think its leveled out and couldn't possibly get any worse, someone laughs at you and shakes their head.

• i got to lvl 15 in 12 hours. good weapons and armour in this game

You can actually make lvl 45 ish in 3 - 4 days of hard playing its after that when it slows down

• ivam24ivam24 Member Posts: 39
    one thing i didn't like about this game is the penalty when you died.. it sucks..
  • dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

and what would you expect? To be congratulated for being killed???

Come on... Give me a break!

• plkocevplkocev Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I really enjoy 9 Dragons :)  But I am desperate when i try to level up my skills
  • wolf73wolf73 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    The fish that swims up stream goes against the current, but the fish that swims down stream et,s their quicker
    Originally posted by Gangster_007

I really enjoy 9 Dragons :)  But I am desperate when i try to level up my skills
  • mutatormutator Member Posts: 131

i also think the game is really cool i had aww i dont remember it has been a long time since my game was destroyed by a friend and now i cant play but i was about to fix it today

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396
    Im playing now and its fun to me, Im still low level so the 12 hour level hasnt set in.  Worth a shot

• ddszddsz Member Posts: 2
    This is a nice average game .. but worth a try since its free

Diablo2 whit a bit of boost since we are in 2007 .. but nothing that come close to WOW L2 in my point of view .. but once again .. its free soo try it
  • WorfWorf Member Posts: 264
    It was fun at first... but ONE sided Bull Crap PK doesn't settle well with me.

I play for "FUN" not to be forking "PK-raped" in Online Games.

Game Deleted... Good riddance!

• jubujafajubujafa Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by deadsun7

how is this game? i has kind of an old martial arts look to it which is kind of a turn off to me... i like the character build system on games like flyff, goonzu, and maple story. is it anything like that, or is it like scions of fate where practically every character is exactly the same? i only like mmorpgs where u can build a character to be unique and allows you to play the way you want, not just 3 ways.
    I believe this game is super fun but once you play it for a while it does seem boring, the skills are cool the graphics are crazy similar skin to Def Jam but the Kung Fu Meng dynasty is getting expanded more and more. This game to me seems to have a long way to go and what deadsun7 said about the game I agree I also love to create a character from many different faces and hair, noses, eyes, Just like maple story. If they added this into there I would love this game a whole lot better. They should add at least 50 different faces and hair styles to choose from ^^.
  • EvilScribbleEvilScribble Member Posts: 30

Why compare a kung fu-genre game to diablo 2? Because you're an idiot.

This game has many new things to offer that aren't in other MMORPGs out there, free or not. If you're crying about PK then maybe you shouldn't have chosen a PK server (Asura) and stick to the PvE nerds on the pleasure Servers (Nirvana, Bardo) The game is fun if you're into martial arts or just for something new to try. The quests are quite interesting, they aren't always grind like in most games where the quest NPC will tell you to kill 20 of that then 30 of this then 25 of that. Instead, sometimes you have to deliver an item to a certain NPC using your Lightfoot skill or find a needle in a haystack. Now if you're one of those people who want to play WoW-clones  then this game isn't for you. Go back to playing barbie dolls.

• xlhectiklxxlhectiklx Member Posts: 1
    I used to play the beta my highest lvl character was a wu tang raising light 3.  The game gets tedious just like Final Fantasy... Yes this is my first post but i did play this game for a while.  Here is a video i made to show my friends why i probably wouldn't go back...I mean on top of the lack of mission variety and other stuff...

Most of you should know that lvl'ing usually slows down on mmo's.  The part that makes this game annoying was that is that every clan has equivalent techniques but with different names (like scions of fate).  The pvp was kinda fun, although i did get raped in bloody plains at least 15 times by people who should have a higher lvl pvp zone ( 9 five dragons and 6 even stronger characters, been a while, i don't remember the title).
  • zerathoszerathos Member Posts: 11

Hi,

Most people must say this game is pritty good to be free 4 ever, good job Acclaim. This game is good and has enough content i think. This games, like many asian games focus a lot in pvp. However this game lacks that. Warrior can kill almost anything. (with a dex built) however caster can own any dex built around because of the lack of cons (Hit point / life). There are some unbalances in pvp.

The lvling is easy until you hit around RC (Revolving Chakra). Each 12 lvls there is a name for it. For example, you get 12 lvls and you change the name of your "position." Before you hit RC, lvl is so easy nobody notice it. However after RC or when you are around RL (the next 12 lvls) it get into pure grinding. The double exp days (friday, saturday and sunday) helps big time. If you dont like grinding asian games, then this game is not for you.

There are instances and right now the highest place to go is CC where drops are pritty nice. And boses around, who are pritty strong and you need higher lvl to kill it. Most of them are in places and the boses can kill with 2 hits a lower lvl.

This game offer a oriental style with the classic asian point and click then get a coke and a sandwicth and come back. It has a meditation that is like a rest to heal yourself. It has elixir to raise your stats and a lot of weapons. Every 12 lvls or the position, there is a new weapon. Different clothes and style but the expensive ones are the one with 4 slots/pockets.

Economy is ok. When you get to high lvl everything price seems good but when you are low lvl, everything seems expensive. >__<'

This game is worth trying. It brings some new stuff to the mmorpg world.

Right now, it is not OP anymore, there is an item mall. Even though i hate item mall, at least they are not selling BE or very high drop items =P.

Thanks.