Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank You Blizzard

nubbinsnubbins Member Posts: 245
By releasing this trite rehashed EQ clone you have freed other mmorpgs from the bonds of idiots and 12yr old "l337 kiddies"

No longer will i have to suffer the intolerable "l337 chatter" as I warp thru the jita system in EvE. And for that i thank you.

God among men

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!"

- Christopher Walken

Comments

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Thank You EvE Devs,

By releasing this niche Sci-Fi MMO you have freed other mmorpgs from the bonds of elitests and 39yr old "intellectuals"

No longer will i have to suffer the intolerable "cool kids" as I fly to Orgrimmar to AH my loot. And for that i thank you.
  • KazzerKazzer Member Posts: 648
  • HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by nubbins

By releasing this trite rehashed EQ clone you have freed other mmorpgs from the bonds of idiots and 12yr old "l337 kiddies"

No longer will i have to suffer the intolerable "l337 chatter" as I warp thru the jita system in EvE. And for that i thank you.

First, your obsession with Christopher Walken is somewhat scary.

Secondly, I could go on for days about the differences between EQ and WoW.

Thirdly, I don't recall the last time I saw leetspeak in WoW.

I give this troll a  0 out of 10, now go back to mining you nub.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

you wish.

but you will find out that the amount of "leet" kids is always rising and it is directly proportional to the population.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

So instead you decide to troll on a forum? a 12 year old is more mature then you are, get out of here.
  • ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    Completely agree with this, lets just hope it keeps all the kids away from the good games such as AoC and WaR lol ;)
  • rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

I play both WoW and Eve and find them equally enjoyable but in entirely different ways. And I find them both annoying and frustrating for equally different and irksome ways.

Not that big of a difference in the player community really though. You have the casual gamers who neither add much nor take away much. The hardcore look at me eliteist players. The who can we mess with crowd. And the random let's spam the chat channels to annoy people twit. And then you have the majority of players that just want to have a bit of fun and challenge and will either help or kill you depending upon the situation and their mood. I don't find much leet speak in WoW as much as I tend to get spammed by people begging for gold or trying to sell me some. In Eve there can be a fair bit of trash talking in the local channel but that's mostly from the Privateers or people angry at the Privateers.

The biggest difference in the games is around the idea of PvP. In Eve it's much more like war where the idea is not to play fair and give your opponent a chance but to kill them while taking as little damage as possible. This basic concept while brutal does encourage the formation of corporations for protection and retaliation. In WoW it's the much more mano a mano idea where you try to fight someone in comparable ability and level to see who is the better player (though players are rarely level with each other).

So for the people that don't like WoW welcome to Eve you should have some fun. If you don't like Eve try WoW it can be fun. And, if not WoW then I would recommend EQII as being a very fun choice with a great community.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Will it never end!? Good, yet another "mature" (read jerk who thinks all kids are immature, yet he's a total idiot himself) player has left WoW and moved on to annoy the EVE community.

• KapazoKapazo Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by Godliest
    Will it never end!? Good, yet another "mature" (read jerk who thinks all kids are immature, yet he's a total idiot himself) player has left WoW and moved on to annoy the EVE community.

Perhaps the war will end some day!

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

You guys are funny.

Please continue your defense of the most overrated, over-hyped, crummy graphics, unbalanced play, everyone looking exactly alike game vs the game which requires all 14 days of free play just to get over the ridiculously, tedious and sleep inducing tutorial in all of gaming history.

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    wait ummm....... Are you sure your not talking about WoW with "Overrated, over-hyped, crummy graphics, unbalanced play"?..... Because the tedious tutorial and 14 day trial is all I see that's eve personally, oh and yes I've played both, EVE is certainly not unbalanced and it has good graphics, especially since they're bringing in a new game engine

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

You scare me man.  Seriously.  What's up with the chris thing?  lol.  Like, he's a good actor, but its....LOL  funny.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

Read again.

Crummy graphics, everyone looking the same, unbalanced play is...WoW naturally. Eve has its own faults begining with that sleep inducing long tutorial I wrote about. 

I never got past it to know how the game really is. But you know, from what I've read many times in different forums including this one is people usually don't get past it, they turn it off and delete it from their comps. They do this because of how long, tedious and boring it is. I guess if the tutorial is like this then the game may not be much better people probably guess.

• earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247
    Originally posted by sololoco

Read again.
    Crummy graphics, everyone looking the same, unbalanced play is...WoW naturally. Eve has its own faults begining with that sleep inducing long tutorial I wrote about. 
    I never got past it to know how the game really is. But you know, from what I've read many times in different forums including this one is people usually don't get past it, they turn it off and delete it from their comps. They do this because of how long, tedious and boring it is. I guess if the tutorial is like this then the game may not be much better people probably guess.

I find it necessary to respond to the troll and this poster, I mean no disrespect to either...

I think what most people miss about WoW is that YOU the player is what stands out from the crowd. You guys want to be different in your gear, but trying being different in the way you treat other players. Try being helpful to new players, help that person in your guild who needs to finish that group quest. Stop worrying about how you look and start worry about how you play. The game will more enjoyable that way.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Warning Do Not Feed The Trolls....

Thats all I got to say.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    OP:

There's no "l33t kids" in Jita anymore because they're all in Privateers alliance, abusing the WarDec system and ganking in the rest of Empire space.

And I see more l33t speak in EVE than I do in WoW.

And by the way, because I know this will irk the haters:  WoW has 8.5 million subscribers!! Does your game? :P

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Hmmmm..fascinating...very little meaning..but truly fascinating....

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    ROFL, I never seen any devs cheat in WOW, can't say that about EVE.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!