Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P?

Is this going to be free to play? I was on the Korean site and I saw the "client download" button.. hmm. O_O

Comments

• HaZaDHaZaD Member Posts: 43

lol surely not... if you ever checked out that game you would know this game isnt  something like silkroad... the developers work on huxley paralel to "soul ultimate nation" (sun) and both games look like high quality mmorpg's they re not something like you can download register and play on their server/games for free

if you re willing to play a "normal to good" mmorpg you have to donate money each month

• sungamsungam Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by HaZaD

lol surely not... if you ever checked out that game you would know this game isnt  something like silkroad... the developers work on huxley paralel to "soul ultimate nation" (sun) and both games look like high quality mmorpg's they re not something like you can download register and play on their server/games for free

if you re willing to play a "normal to good" mmorpg you have to donate money each month

Silkroad is a very good alternative, sadly, hard to connect, but the item worth if u want buy something
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    The thing is, SUN doesn't seem to be like an MMORPG. it will be instanced, like GW. you pick "stages". you can even pick a difficulty level. considering the success of Guild Wars, it is very well possible that SUN will be free to play with a cash shop, or at least buy in store -> free for ever.

• Xerion12Xerion12 Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Gameloading
    The thing is, SUN doesn't seem to be like an MMORPG. it will be instanced, like GW. you pick "stages". you can even pick a difficulty level. considering the success of Guild Wars, it is very well possible that SUN will be free to play with a cash shop, or at least buy in store -> free for ever.

I hope so, I don;t have a job yet.  but this game looks very interesting. :)

• zwarriorzwarrior Member Posts: 46
    I'll say this though, it has peaked my interests in giving it a try. The majority of MMORPG like F2P games with decent gameplay and graphics. Unless its a reallllllyyy good game that I'll be addicted for years, I have never bought a p2p game nor downloaded one. The closest I've ever came to that would be playing SilkRoad Online, buying the Items. Otherwise never used cash cept to buy the game ^_^.  Who knows, if its like Guild Wars, THen yeah it'll be F2P with Expansions though. Look at this way. Most games that are out in stores that are F2P come out with exapansions for profit value.
  • VEG5000VEG5000 Member Posts: 45

ok for those wondering about SUN it has instances yes but you can either talk to an NPC to go to a dungen for single and/or group play ..OR you can go out side of town into the world where the creatures start at low levels and farther you get from newbie town the harder the mobs get...ONLY at the NPC in town can you select a difficulty level of a dungen you want to go to for simple solo or group. I am pretty sure once its out in the US it will be P2P. but for what I have seen and played in SUN it will do pretty good hehe..another good one I would love to try though is AION that looks good as well.

going to try SUN and AION in beta once out to see which is better in my opinon.

• armo4armo4 Member Posts: 16
    i hope it is free cuz it looks kewl!!!!!!

any one know a game thats free!  FREE without paying that has a male mage with lots of cool skills with good graphics?

• laineylainey Member Posts: 19
    they recently anounced that it's going to be f2p in korea

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Originally posted by Gameloading

interesting :)
  • athiefathief Member Posts: 8

i really hope it gonna be f2p coz ive been waiting for this game for so long

• ViolentXViolentX Member Posts: 9
    of course it's free to play.. webzen is freaken RICH do some background check on them you'll see why they don't need any extra "chunk change" from us peeps
  • DiavirDiavir Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by ViolentX

of course it's free to play.. webzen is freaken RICH do some background check on them you'll see why they don't need any extra "chunk change" from us peeps

Even if they are rich they'll still milk money from the players.

Look at Blizzard.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

WAR: Diavir Mortis 40 Chosen
    WoW: Desinovita 76 Deathknight, Diavir 70 Elemental Shaman
    Guild Wars: Oni Ragnarok, Warrior

• blackraistblackraist Member UncommonPosts: 23

Hi Everybody,

First of all, Webzen is not rich at all.  They've been in development phase for a few game for a few time only on revenues from MU.  I own shares of Webzen and they fell from around 10$ to 4$ because of this development phase taking more time than planned so let me tell you that it will cost something to have all the content of the games.

Of what I heard, there will be no subscription, but you'll pay many small fees for many small things.  I don't know how you call this in english (I speak french), but it's the way it's gonna be.

See ya.

Blackraist

• MertezMertez Member Posts: 19
    All I know is that they're making it F2P in Korea with an item shop like Maple Story.

Mertez Aad

• KyoseikenKyoseiken Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Mertez

All I know is that they're making it F2P in Korea with an item shop like Maple Story.
    I think they do that to every game in Korea.