Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars? Final fantasy online? WoW?, dont no which one to choose help please. =[

Ok iv played WoW for quite a while and got a bit bored of the graphics and the repetition, anyway iv been looking at two other games guild wars and ff online both look great and dont have the cartoonish graphics of WoW i really dont no which one to choose.

I still like WoW its just the constent repetition doing things over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until you just get sick of it i would like a game that could be fun and you can interact with other players and actuly level with them and have fun doing it. which WoW doesent have most people just do instances together and the its over theres no groups lvling together or anything and its not really fun.

Anywayz i dont no which game to choose i heard Guild wars was a great game and good and with pvp and that FF online has a great community and more of an Rpg online game opposed to the MMorpg. If that makes any sence? lol

Well what im basically trying to say is which is the funnest and which is the one you can actully get into and not feel like its a job more then a game.

Anyway i need your help please.

=[

Comments

• TelvannasTelvannas Member Posts: 123

This is a joke, isn't it?

Let me tell you, mate, out of all of those games, WoW is the least grindiest...

• chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139

lol im not botherd about grinding im botherd about gameplay the whole funfactor =]

( I killed fluffy )

• Final fantasy is argueably the least grindy the first time through(don't even think about a second time through though), they keep you busy enough with quests that you don't even reliizeing you are grinding. That is unless you choose to try to power level your way on up.  Guild wars is pretty nice as well, very team based gameplay can take alot of the annoince of the grind away.
  • TelvannasTelvannas Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Guler

Final fantasy is argueably the least grindy the first time through(don't even think about a second time through though), they keep you busy enough with quests that you don't even reliizeing you are grinding. That is unless you choose to try to power level your way on up.  Guild wars is pretty nice as well, very team based gameplay can take alot of the annoince of the grind away.

Final Fantasy...Not a grind?

What?

WoW is the most fun out of those games, believe me.

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979
    guild wars.  no monthly fee and awesome pvp.  plus when it comes out get age of conan.  its so good i would get tired of typin if i typed everything good about that game. 
  • AltimitAltimit Member Posts: 82
    Guild Wars is fun, and certainly worth the money. It likely wont keep you entertained for too long though, though I do know one person who's played over a year, and still going strong. The addons (Nightfall and Factions) are NOT worth it though.

FF Online is probably the slowest going, most repetative MMORPG I've played and has a terrible UI to boot. The graphics are awful too. I'd really suggest staying away from that one.

It's not on your list, but if you're looking for an MMO with different gameplay, check out City of Villains. It's not very deep, but it's fast paced and really fun. The quests themselves are a bit repetative, but you'll never have to just straight up grind. Getting a party is easy too and it has the most fun casual PVP I've ever seen in an MMO.
  • Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

Well, FF Online's Graphics definitely beat out WoW's. I think Guild Wars graphics are heavily dependent on your Graphics Card, it sucks on mine but mine is also pretty old.

As far as repition goes, FF's style is a lot different than WoW's. FF has a lot of interesting quests, which have an interesting story to them too but there's also a lot of grinding in between.

Guild Wars is horribly repetitive in my opinion. I think the wowing graphics distract a lot of people from the horrible grind((The environments are really well designed and diverse, if my graphics card was better I'd probably really enjoy them)). All the mobs are the same thing, basically reskinned in my opinion. They all have a melle attack and a ranged attack and no matter what class you are you do about the same thing. The problem with GW is the combat system is set up for PvP and yet they require a PvE grind. You can go start to PvP but you start off with only a few abilities. You can grind PvP to get more abilities but that really didn't interest me. At least in WoW the classes play differently, and at least some mobs have melle but no ranged attacks and some ranged attacks but not melle.

As said, all three games are grinds, but different sorts of grinds. If you want instant gratification, go with WoW, if you can wait a while for somethign really good, go with FF.

If you are looking for player interaction, I really wouldn't go with Guildwars. Most of the time I teamed with people, they were as unanimated as the NPC bodyguards you could hire in the game. I think most of them use that speaking program and only talk to their guildmates over it. In towns people mostly buy and sell items and not much else. Everything else is instanced. It's horrible

There's forced grouping in FF. In my experience the player are really nice too. The only problem is the lower levels are almost abandoned, so you have to grind to get to where people are O_o

There's a ton of instancing in Guild Wars. Basically the whole game is people getting together to do instances and said people are jerks.

FF sounds a lot like what you're looking for but there's a lot of grinding to it.

In my opinion Guildwars is an overhyped game, with a crap comunity and half deccent PvP that isn't worth grinding towards. It's main draw is no monthly fee.

FF Online's community is great and the only reason why people might consider it a RPG over an MMORPG is because it has a story. THAT'S A GOOD THING. But once again, a lot of grinding. It's based more of Eastern MMOs than Western MMOs

For you, I would reccomend City of Heroes or City of Villians. In my opinion, the battle system is a lot less repetitive than WoW or GW. The quests are a lot better written than WoW's in my opinion. Usually your sent to do things like raid a warehouse that's being used to make drugs(Heroes) or assasinate a gang member who was bad-mouthing you (Villians). They're games about Superheroes and Super-Villians, so the games look and feel like Comic Books.

CoH/V does have a lot of repetition but it's different from WoW. I'd say you should try it and feel the difference. The biggest complaint that WoW players have about CoH is the "slow leveling". It takes a lot longer to gain a level in CoH/V than WoW. In my opinion this is rediculious because when you level in CoH/V, you get a lot more. You can 'ding' in an hour in Wow but all you get for it is a ding sound and like 5 attribute points, you still have to buy your abilities and leveling doesn't open up very much content at all. In CoH/V you either get a new super power or you get a drastic increase in the effectiveness of one of them.

You have to read the text of CoH/V missions but once you do you notice the Devs throw in a lot of story elements into the mission. It's the only MMO I've played that's about storyline and feeling in character rather than leveling. The community is really great and friendly, because most of the content consists of instances you usually team with the same people to do them. There's really good groupfinding tools and there's hardly ever a case where you can't find a group.

The reason why I'd recomend CoH/V over FF is because there's a lot less grinding to it. In my opinion Guildwars just whole salely sucks so I'm not even going to compare them. CoH/V is SuperHero instead of Fantasy, in Wow there are Races, in CoH/V every character looks completely different from the next. In WoW there are 11 Classes with 3 playstyles each, in CoH/V there are 5 Classes with about Two Dozen Playstyles each. For example, in WoW there are the three stlyes you can choose if you a warrior(the offencive one, the defencive one and the passive one)), in CoH, if you are a Scrapper, you can choose from Dark Melle(It's sort of Magical and Demonic), Martial Arts((Aka 'Kick-Foo')), Katana, Broadsword, or Claws as their primary power and then Regeneration, Dark Armor, Invunrability or Super-Reflexes as their secondary. You meet a lot more people in CoH/V than WoW and there's a lot more focus on story than WoW.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Guild Wars newest expansion if you wanna party with people.

Final Fantasy is dying, won't be much action in that.

Lord of the Rings Online to get something like WoW's gameplay.

• DethlyBladeZDethlyBladeZ Member Posts: 106
    *sighs* If you want a good game, wait for Dungeon Runners.. its free to play, and free to download, as well as good and very similar gameplay to Diablo II.
  • chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139
    Hey thanks for that it really help's i dont think ill try CoH but im thinking about playing FFXI online sounds pretty good apart from the grinding lol but i still dunno theres  small parts of the brain saying play WoW, Play Gw, Play FFxi, Play some random mmorpg, lol
    Originally posted by Distortion0

Well, FF Online's Graphics definitely beat out WoW's. I think Guild Wars graphics are heavily dependent on your Graphics Card, it sucks on mine but mine is also pretty old.
    As far as repition goes, FF's style is a lot different than WoW's. FF has a lot of interesting quests, which have an interesting story to them too but there's also a lot of grinding in between.
    Guild Wars is horribly repetitive in my opinion. I think the wowing graphics distract a lot of people from the horrible grind((The environments are really well designed and diverse, if my graphics card was better I'd probably really enjoy them)). All the mobs are the same thing, basically reskinned in my opinion. They all have a melle attack and a ranged attack and no matter what class you are you do about the same thing. The problem with GW is the combat system is set up for PvP and yet they require a PvE grind. You can go start to PvP but you start off with only a few abilities. You can grind PvP to get more abilities but that really didn't interest me. At least in WoW the classes play differently, and at least some mobs have melle but no ranged attacks and some ranged attacks but not melle.
    As said, all three games are grinds, but different sorts of grinds. If you want instant gratification, go with WoW, if you can wait a while for somethign really good, go with FF.
    If you are looking for player interaction, I really wouldn't go with Guildwars. Most of the time I teamed with people, they were as unanimated as the NPC bodyguards you could hire in the game. I think most of them use that speaking program and only talk to their guildmates over it. In towns people mostly buy and sell items and not much else. Everything else is instanced. It's horrible
    There's forced grouping in FF. In my experience the player are really nice too. The only problem is the lower levels are almost abandoned, so you have to grind to get to where people are O_o
    There's a ton of instancing in Guild Wars. Basically the whole game is people getting together to do instances and said people are jerks.
    FF sounds a lot like what you're looking for but there's a lot of grinding to it.
    In my opinion Guildwars is an overhyped game, with a crap comunity and half deccent PvP that isn't worth grinding towards. It's main draw is no monthly fee.
    FF Online's community is great and the only reason why people might consider it a RPG over an MMORPG is because it has a story. THAT'S A GOOD THING. But once again, a lot of grinding. It's based more of Eastern MMOs than Western MMOs
    For you, I would reccomend City of Heroes or City of Villians. In my opinion, the battle system is a lot less repetitive than WoW or GW. The quests are a lot better written than WoW's in my opinion. Usually your sent to do things like raid a warehouse that's being used to make drugs(Heroes) or assasinate a gang member who was bad-mouthing you (Villians). They're games about Superheroes and Super-Villians, so the games look and feel like Comic Books.
    CoH/V does have a lot of repetition but it's different from WoW. I'd say you should try it and feel the difference. The biggest complaint that WoW players have about CoH is the "slow leveling". It takes a lot longer to gain a level in CoH/V than WoW. In my opinion this is rediculious because when you level in CoH/V, you get a lot more. You can 'ding' in an hour in Wow but all you get for it is a ding sound and like 5 attribute points, you still have to buy your abilities and leveling doesn't open up very much content at all. In CoH/V you either get a new super power or you get a drastic increase in the effectiveness of one of them.
    You have to read the text of CoH/V missions but once you do you notice the Devs throw in a lot of story elements into the mission. It's the only MMO I've played that's about storyline and feeling in character rather than leveling. The community is really great and friendly, because most of the content consists of instances you usually team with the same people to do them. There's really good groupfinding tools and there's hardly ever a case where you can't find a group.
    The reason why I'd recomend CoH/V over FF is because there's a lot less grinding to it. In my opinion Guildwars just whole salely sucks so I'm not even going to compare them. CoH/V is SuperHero instead of Fantasy, in Wow there are Races, in CoH/V every character looks completely different from the next. In WoW there are 11 Classes with 3 playstyles each, in CoH/V there are 5 Classes with about Two Dozen Playstyles each. For example, in WoW there are the three stlyes you can choose if you a warrior(the offencive one, the defencive one and the passive one)), in CoH, if you are a Scrapper, you can choose from Dark Melle(It's sort of Magical and Demonic), Martial Arts((Aka 'Kick-Foo')), Katana, Broadsword, or Claws as their primary power and then Regeneration, Dark Armor, Invunrability or Super-Reflexes as their secondary. You meet a lot more people in CoH/V than WoW and there's a lot more focus on story than WoW.
  • somebodyadresomebodyadre Member Posts: 1
    i really dont like guild wars factions. mabey im just stupid because i havent played it long enough for it to get fun.  but i really dont like the game. waste of money.  i would stick with wow
  • AquakittyAquakitty Member Posts: 310
    Try LOTRO, no grind as it is quest driven :)
  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    If you dont mind the grind and want to group then go for FFXI.  I really dont like the fighting system in that game tho.   Standing around swinging till u have enough TP to do your special attack.  The thing that does make it better is the skill chains.   Also dont expect to solo a damn thing unless youre a beastmaster.  Personally I thought WoW was more fun than FFXI and GW.  FFXI is still my 2nd favorite out of everything I've played and tried.  I just don't like to be forced to group to get anything done.  Being LFG for hours is just not fun.
  • flowercivicflowercivic Member Posts: 31

FFXI sounds to be your best bet, but there are reasons of why you may not like it. 

1. 1. You can't really customize your UI.  You can't move your chat to another location, or anything like that.  (remember that this is on the PS2 and I believe XBOX as well. There for there area number of limitattions that come with that.)
    2. Fight style in groups is a little diffrent, and takes a bit to get used to. .
    3. For me learning how to use the translation system was crunfusing at first as there are no real help guides that I was able to find as a newbie.  However this can be a pro as it opens communications to people from other countries for you to play with.
    4. If you like customizing your character to look original... good luck there are not many choices in this area. 

Things you may like

1. Hate the new class you just started... well switch jobs, and level up that one.  You can also utilize skills from one job to another.  That adds a little extra element to the play style, and some people find that element nice.
    2. The quest are pretty cool once you get into them
    3. If you like a vast community there is a rather large following to this game so you should be able to locate people with no problem.
    4. They usually have a number of various events for players to participate in so they always have something a little new going on that will keep you amused. 

I stoped playing this game, but have been thinking about picking it back up.  I just like have full control of my interface, and also customizing the look of my toon.  That for me was a real turn off. 

Guildwars is fun if you like to PVP.  You get to lvl 20 thru questing, and obtaining your spells to move on to the next phase of the game to go all out PVP, and get the other team.  Me not being too much into PVP it was not for me, but if you love PVP Guild Wars is pretty cool.  The no monthly fee just gives it an extra brownie point. 

WoW

I'm not a fan of WoW, but I hear that most stay for the end game.  I always loved the questing, and the building of a character but perhaps I am strange for liking this part.  Once your maxed out you seek to raid for killer gear, and you can PvP to your hearts content.  You can also earn bragging rights, and perhaps some really close raiding buddies. 

It's all up to you, and what your play style is, and what aspect of the game you enjoy most. 

• cadebelocadebelo Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by chrisatron

its just the constent repetition doing things over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until you just get sick of it i would like a game that could be fun and you can interact with other players and actuly level with them and have fun doing it
    You can do that in any mmo, you just have to put more effort into it.

That's my biggest gripe with WoW at the moment, 80% of the game I'm playing solo it seems, an that gets boring quick for me. 

On the otherhand FFXI is the complete opposite.  You have to group, which can often take hours of sitting around waiting for one.  Sure when you get those sweet party members its alot of fun, but when you get stuck with idiots it becomes a stressful nightmare.

Guildwars is alot like WoW imo, just its all instanced instead.

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

I suggest wow for more fun and casual play, keep in mind has a bad community and unbalanced pvp but still fun.

I would not suggest guild wars as an mmorpg it has great pvp and takes skill but can get boring farily quickly for most people.

I would stay away from the grinding final fantasy, its to hardcore and non quest based.

Eve online is pretty good if you dont want fantasy, its a ship game but has fun pvp from what I understand, sorry dont know alot about it.

Eq2 currently playing has nice depth in the game and lore, not as easy to get into as wow but it takes longer to level and has decent graphics and awesome paritcle effects, plus has the most classes and races to choose from as far as mmorpgs atm. Well cov/coh is fairly close but it feels to much like a grind after a while.

There are plenty of free trials I know everquest2.com has free trial for the fae or the isle whichever you choose on the front page, I believe eve is still doing free trials atm not sure about wow. I would deffinatly suggest trying these games first before you purchase.

• weg886weg886 Member Posts: 318
    save your time and money dont get none of them they all lack in game play some where.

WWIIOnline The Real War!

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    Heh well its better then nothing, even wow can be fun for a while.