Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we TOO Demanding???

RophoRopho Member Posts: 31
Ok nowadays you spend about U$7.00 for a movie, thats at the most 3 hours entertainment.

You spend U$60 for a Console game, thats about 10-20 hours entertainment. If you are lucky 30+

When asked to spend U$50 + U$15/month for hundreds of hours we complain most of the time.

Do we want the games to be soooo good that they replace our normal lives? Isn't that why we get "bored" when we reach end game and wonder why there isn't more? We already experienced what the game has to offer, but we are always craving for more.

Should we just move on and experience other games or demand that games entertain us for a long time?

Comments

• 321abcde321abcde Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Ropho

Ok nowadays you spend about U$7.00 for a movie, thats at the most 3 hours entertainment.

You spend U$60 for a Console game, thats about 10-20 hours entertainment. If you are lucky 30+

When asked to spend U$50 + U$15/month for hundreds of hours we complain most of the time.

Do we want the games to be soooo good that they replace our normal lives? Isn't that why we get "bored" when we reach end game and wonder why there isn't more? We already experienced what the game has to offer, but we are always craving for more.

Should we just move on and experience other games or demand that games entertain us for a long time?
    I think that we complain because we are mislead into thinking the game is different than what it actually is.

But I think that we should move on to other games. Demanding that one game delivers the whole shebang is like saying that you payed the prostitute, now she has to marry you (rough analogy)

I cannot hear you over the SHUT THE FUCK UP!

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558
    Actually I think we are giving our money over too easily to many games.   Games which are not finished is a sore point for me.  If they had to work a little harder for our money, they would have to work harder for it.
  • whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

We complain about certain things too much, I agree, but we should never stop when it comes to MMORPGs. We have been complaining about prices even though it is not that expensive and they are starting to come up with alternate pay rates. 14.99 was a standard, then FFXI came out with 12.99 and then a dollar per extra character. Lotro has a founders fee of like 9.99 if you preorder, and a 200 dollar lifetime fee which if you play over 13 months, it saves you money.

You should demand perfection but not truly expect it. Nothing can be perfect but if we stop demanding, they stop trying, which is a bad thing. After Vanguard, we demand a polished game upon launch and I don't think any developer out there thinks they will be able to get away with it for quite some time.

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531
    14.99/month is more than a fair price for an MMORPG that isn't nearly the same as every single other one out there. I definitely agree that if anything we are too generous with our money. Most of these games are glorified chat rooms and we are using our economic voice to say "That's good enough for us!"

One could even go up to $19.99/month but that will be a much tougher sale. I imagine we'll see $17.99/month once something truly revolutionary is developed but until then I'm waiting to find something that's at least worth my $15/month.
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Meridian 59 was 14$ in 1996 and LotRO offers 9.99$ now? Thats reverse inflation, and the people that rant over P2P games are completely off the wall and mostly kids or teenagers that have to beg their parents for their CC. They could make it 29$ if that kept the kids away, well, it surely won't but a price of 10-15 bucks is perfectly ok for the quality that the games deliver, with very very few examples...

Just compare this to any other form of entertainment and tell me where you get a one month high quality entertainmant flatrate for 10 bucks.

Meridion