Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your first computer?

oman99oman99 Member Posts: 45
It´s late and i´m bored so to create something intressting.

What was your first computer?

Mine was:

386sx 25MHz

4 MB ram

40 MB harddrive

VGA card pci with 512KB (i later upgraded it to 1MB)

Sound galaxy NX (bought 4 month after i bought the computer)

Dos 5.0

Comments

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

The first computer I played on was the TRS-80 (affectionately called the Trash 80)

Sample of the Hardware:

Hardware

The Model I combined the motherboard and keyboard into one unit, in what was to be a common case-design trend throughout the 8 and 16 bit microcomputer eras, although it had a separate power supply unit. It used a Zilog Z80 processor clocked at 1.77 MHz. The basic model originally shipped with 4 KiB of RAM, and later 16 KiB.

Look at that RAM baby...

Anyways, want to read more about this dinosaur.... CLICKY

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    I don't remember the brand, it ran windows 95 and had 8 megs of ram...I remember upgrading to 16 megs so that we could play Mechwarrior 2...man what a great game.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Commodore 64

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587
    I remember my first computer. And the first game I ever played was Sim City 3000. The specs of that computer are:

266mhz Pentium 2 (I think, it was a while ago)

32mb of RAM

5GB Hard Drive

BEAST!

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159
    My first was a Gateway tower, which, during its later years, I affectionately referred to as "a piece of crap."

433MHz Pentium III

~15GB hard drive

192mb RAM (upgraded)

Win98

DVD-ROM drive

3dfx Voodoo Banshee(graphics card)

That's pretty much all I can remember about it.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

All I remember was that it had a Voodoo 3.

• MaastaMaasta Member UncommonPosts: 69

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Tandy 1000 EX

The Tandy 1000 EX was designed as an entry-level IBM compatible personal computer. The EX was a compact computer that had the keyboard and 5.25" drive built into the computer casing. The 5.25" drive was accessible from the side of the computer, on the right hand side. The EX was marketed as a starter system for people new to computing, and sold for $1000.00 from Radio Shack in December of 1986.

King's Quest was my favorite!

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    commodor 128

funny thing when the 386 's came out we sold it for 500 including the floppy games, the guy that brought it was tickled pink to get all the games with it, looked like a kid in a candy shop carring his treasure when he left.......
  • UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Commodore C 64, the brown and rounded one, not the ugly white and boxy one, this was 85 or 86.

Had a tape drive.

Sold it for about 50 Euro, nowadays that particular model is something of a collectors item I hear.

But if I stll had it I would never sell it.

Wasnt to long ago I downloaded a c64 emulator along with about half a million games and had trip down memory lane.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ThelastwaaghThelastwaagh Member Posts: 92
    Amiga ftw!   I got so good at its paint program that I could make games with it. ram was in kbs :)

-for the overmind.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Commodore 64. My 1541 drive had it's heads all screwed up thanks to fat tracking and bad sectors, the common copy protection schemes of the time. The only way I could get it to work toward the end of it's life was to lie it on it's side. Eventually replaced it with the Ferrari of Commodore Drives: The Indus GT. WOOT!

:)

• necrotherionnecrotherion Member Posts: 130
    Earliest computer I played on was when I was 4, playin' Commander Keen!!! Don't remember make/model, it had 33 mhz and 2 mb of RAM though, lol. The first computer that actually became mine was an 800mhz 256mb RAM (32mb vid car) in ~2000, when I was 10-11 I think.
  • JimmyLegsJimmyLegs Member Posts: 361
    It was obviously a clone PC, it was a 95... I remember a PC when I had to use MS-DOS to load up anything (games, apps, etc). Don't remember the specs but my 98 had something around

233? Maybe 433Mhz Pentium

16-32 MB RAM

4gig (maybe lower lol) HHD

It's really hard to remember back then the specs, but I do know the OSes I had.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    My first computer::::::   

TRS-80 Model III Specifications:
    CPU: Advanced Z-80A 8-Bit Processor (2.03 MHz) Kits were sold to double this to 4Mhz

RAM: 4K - 48K

ROM: 4K ROM (Level I) or 14K ROM (Model III BASIC - co copyrighted by Tandy and Microsoft)

Video Display: Memory mapped with high-resolution 12" Black and White Integrated Monitor. Includes scroll protect with 96 text characters, 64 graphics characters and 160 "special" characters. Screen format for Level I and Model III BASIC is 64 characters by 16 lines. Model III BASIC also provides 32 characters by 16 lines. Graphics are 128x48.

Keyboard: Full-size "typewriter' style, 65-key integral keyboard includes 12-key numeric pad for data entry plus repeating keys. Model III BASIC includes upper and lower case.

I/O: Cassette Tape Recorder (250 Baud for Level I; 500/1500 Baud for Level II)

Ports: Computer-controlled cassette inferface, Parallel Printer interface, internal 25 pin RS-232-C (Serial) Port, Buffered Bus for adding 2 Internal and 2 external double-density 5 1/4-inch disk drives.

Power: Integral power supply of 105-130VAC @ 60 Hz. U.L. lited.

Dimensions: 12-1/2 x 18-7/8 x 21-1/2"

Optional Expansions:
         Internal (2) and External (2) 5.25" Floppy Drives holding 178K each
         Optional Hi-Res Graphics Board

Compatibility: Substantial Compatibility with the Model I (main incompatibility: Port vs. Memory address)

Model III "Starter System" N/A $997.00

Got this computer when I turned 12 in 1978
  • pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    Though I can't remember the computer stats, I do remember playing Wing Commander on it.

What a great source of entertainment that was.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Apple IIe....

Played games like Ultima and Wizardry on it. 

I missed my 6th grade graduation (1981) because of Ultima.... but I won.

Anyone else remember the game Miner 2049er?
  • desnowdesnow Member Posts: 390
    TI-99 with tape drive then a 8088 or 128k Mac, forgot which was first.
  • JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Some Phillips computer:

386SX 16 Mhz

1 MB Ram

40 MB HDD Space

Single Speed CD drive(damn did that drive suck)

Didn't have any sound blaster card... used PC speaker.

MS-Dos 5.0 with Norten Commander. Remember I had to exit norten commander before running the games because there wouldn't be enough memory otherwise

Remember using it as a 3-4 yeared old... didn't know how to spell to man(I wanted to go the cdman directory) So I asked my mother, but of course she responded with mand, which is danish... didn't to play cdman before my dad came home :'(... funny thing though... before I even started in school I knew how to use DOS....

Usually played Dune 2, Battle of Britain(one of the very finest flight sims), Gorilla in Qbasic or Wolfenstein 3d.

Kind miss those good times :P