Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW, Just tried it out..

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
WOW, for supposedly a dead game this game has alot of people playing it.

Once you figure out the movement and camera view this game is very good for free. Im suprised.!

Comments

• slippyCslippyC Member Posts: 396
    I use to love playing Prelate in this game(Confessor was pretty good at one time too).  The only thing I didn't like, was the combat wasn't a little more interactive on the melee type chars.

So what ya like about it?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Well im still new, but its templated. I like template systems,! Reminds me of SWG before NGE. Also like the variation. I think they improved on melee. I whack things pretty good as a half giant warrior. The traits+skills+stats.. :-D nice development of characters. Just hope I templated out my noob character correctly
  • NooiTNooiT Member Posts: 93
    as long as u have about 50-60 int and high con your warrior cant go wrong :)
  • lauxeslauxes Member Posts: 88
    i would try to get resource gear for that warrior, and apply a 40 con rune, maybe other runes, but i dont play warriors, mostly druids, proc stalker, and barbs... but id get 4/4/2 armor and a 24 con hood. but as you stated you just strated out, you will prob have to buy it, so start saveing money, or if you are lucky you get a guild that will help u gear out your toon
  • daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275
    So should i try SB too??
  • MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296
    Glad to see another player enjoying Shadowbane and Half Giants is really really fun to play with too :D

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• JimmyLegsJimmyLegs Member Posts: 361
    It is very easy to gimp out your character in SB sadly, so unless you know someone that has played it or have delt with the template system I wouldn't recommend playing SB. But hey you could do well with your first character! Also you can't damage the town walls any more :(. I played a Centar Prelate back in the day, was pretty fun. I remember like... nothing about it except the graphics and playing, games PvP based all the way. Baning is so much fun when you get your guy to the cap (50? 70? idk) or even before then.

Good luck in SB, awsome game too bad we don't have a more mondern game like SB (takes SKILL to create a good charater).
  • undiesusaundiesusa Member Posts: 116
    Its still the only thing worth PVPing in.
  • lauxeslauxes Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by JimmyLegs

It is very easy to gimp out your character in SB sadly, so unless you know someone that has played it or have delt with the template system I wouldn't recommend playing SB. But hey you could do well with your first character! Also you can't damage the town walls any more :(. I played a Centar Prelate back in the day, was pretty fun. I remember like... nothing about it except the graphics and playing, games PvP based all the way. Baning is so much fun when you get your guy to the cap (50? 70? idk) or even before then.

Good luck in SB, awsome game too bad we don't have a more mondern game like SB (takes SKILL to create a good charater).

you can damage the walls, only if you bane a city, and when the bane goes live, you can tear down the walls, buildings, ETC.

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
    Hard to get in a guild and get a good build. If thats not enough its very difficult to find all that resource gear that only big guild leaders will have.

Even free it wasnt worth playing.
  • MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307
    Game really lets you down once you are forced to the mainland. Most noob unfriendly game I have ever played. Character building isnt skill but a huge puzzle for the end game that you inevitably gimp. All the high levels run around and gank all the noobs till it ruins the game for them. basically hide all your stuff in the bank the run out to some mobs get ganked and repeat. Too many children with level 75 templates killing new users rying to level. Could have been good had it not taken the worst players and gave them the game to ruin. The combat is inredibly imbalanced and alot of time you will run 30 mins to farm and get killed without seeing anyone. If you like getting killed all the time get this game
  • ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by Malicus

Game really lets you down once you are forced to the mainland. Most noob unfriendly game I have ever played. Character building isnt skill but a huge puzzle for the end game that you inevitably gimp. All the high levels run around and gank all the noobs till it ruins the game for them. basically hide all your stuff in the bank the run out to some mobs get ganked and repeat. Too many children with level 75 templates killing new users rying to level. Could have been good had it not taken the worst players and gave them the game to ruin. The combat is inredibly imbalanced and alot of time you will run 30 mins to farm and get killed without seeing anyone. If you like getting killed all the time get this game

Thats why you need to get into a guild before you go to the mainland. Your guild will protect you while you level. If you really want to level by yourself, just play a character that has track. Scouts, huntresses and rangers get track automatically. Other classes can get track if you buy the disc.

If you check track often, you should never be killed while leveling.

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740
    Originally posted by undiesusa

Its still the only thing worth PVPing in.

Amen to that. Also it is easy to gimp your character in SB, but it's also easy to try something new and give it a run. I remember when my full out attack barbarian mino was scoffed at. Now I see a ton of folks following suit. LoL Glad to see the game still running. Just, once you've killed the Bloodaxe Clan, the UDL, Pink Pansies, on and on.. It gets kind of done.

Psst, long live pirates. :p

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• EpeenEpeen Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Man people are so ignorant.. if youre not enjoying this game there are 3 main reasons:

1. This is not a pve heavy game

2. YOU NEED AN ESTABLISHED GUILD BEFORE YOU LEAVE noob island

3. Youre not used to the interface.. and for that  I reccomend. you watch

It took me 2 weeks to get with the flow of the game, would have taken longer without a guild. I really enjoy this game and its free! The pvp freaking pwns but the mechanics could still use soem refining.
  • DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Epeen

Man people are so ignorant.. if youre not enjoying this game there are 3 main reasons:

It took me 2 weeks to get with the flow of the game, would have taken longer without a guild. I really enjoy this game and its free! The pvp freaking pwns but the mechanics could still use soem refining.
    So true Epeen, I found the interface to be horrible but the video you suggest helps alot and I may try it again.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

Originally posted by Dedthom

Originally posted by Epeen

So true Epeen, I found the interface to be horrible but the video you suggest helps alot and I may try it again. Let me show you how it looks on mine :P I lowered all the gfx settings because BANES lag the shit out of my comp.

awesomesss

Pwnage
    Bumpage for the greatnes of this game
  • arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

Very funny line, "The mechanics still need some refining."  Hell they didn't fix it when it was PtP why fix it now that it's free?  Every time I randomly think of that I'll laugh.  Thanks

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan