Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for People still playing this...

nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

Is it still set up as a PvP kiddie fest, or has acclaim wisened up and created a separate server for people who want to grief so that the rest of us can enjoy the game in peace? ^^ I tried the official site but after wading through 8 or so 'epeen' posts I closed it in disgust and came here to see what I could find out.

Gaming? That's not gaming!
That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

Comments

• silly2k2silly2k2 Member Posts: 63
    PvP zones don't really start till after you hit five dragons.  There is bloody plains, but the rest is not PvP.   Acclaim went for a 'hybrid' pvp server in that after you level past datong / whatever its called for the white side ,then i believe zones are shared i.e. pvp

I must admit tho the game is filled with arrogant kids.  I'm just using it to kill time for The Chronicles of Spellborn and possibly pirates of the burning sea.. *heart  is set on spellborn*..

I currently have an FD1 Sacred Flower Mistress of Cloud, an RL12 Heavenly Demon Blood Demon and an RL6 Sacred Flower Mistress of Spirit ( hybrid, warrior, nuker)  it is a chore at times to level, and not that much fun.. but if you have some friends it can be OK.  Plus at least unlike other games it does not hide the fact you have to grind. ..

not quite sure that answered your question ;)

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    It's not really an open pvp-fest as some may have envisioned.  You pretty much can level up to about level 100+ without any pvp interaction.  Well, at least as it stands right now.  Always subject to change as this open beta actually feels like it is still a beta.
  • silly2k2silly2k2 Member Posts: 63
    Just login and try hun :p

It's not as if there is anything else out there thats free and a good distraction for a few months.. And if you need a hero band and you're sacred flower, Just let me know :D

• nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

Thanks for the replies ;)
    I was actually an FD1 Heavenly Demon / Phantom Demon when I last played ...
    Though some friends of mine talked me into messing w/ Vanguard. I'm not really feeling it tho, so was looking into possibly coming back to 9D while I await some of the upcoming titles...I'm still not sure though, since I'm at the point now where 'griefing' will be able to agitate me. Its a shame though, why do so many games force PvP on people who just want to enjoy the game? ;)

Gaming? That's not gaming!
    That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

Well, there is hope for the game to implement a "carebear" server.  Just look back to when they tried to make PvP enabled in all zones but Clan areas, and the first training zones (for black and white clans).  I am bad at remembering the names, but they were the zones that you could get from mid OC's up to about RL5-6 and everything starts to blue out for xp.
  • kof2003kof2003 Member Posts: 128
    when is the final version of this game
    Originally posted by kof2003

when is the final version of this game
    When is the final version of any mmorpg?

That said, it is supposed to release in a month or two, but I don't think it is carved in stone.  Remember it is fairly well advanced overseas.
  • woggiewoggie Member UncommonPosts: 13
    And now they're working on a second US server. I guess they finally decided if there was going to be lag, it would be here...
  • LadySongLadySong Member UncommonPosts: 4
    the new pvp server opens April 9th I believe