Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a very good game

CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Yeah, I know, what do you expect for free.

The click and move is really awkward, you sometimes have to click multiple times just to get your character to move. 

Targeting is a real pain, you might have to click on a creature 3 or 4 times to get it to target and initiate a fight.

Targets disappear sometimes after you attack them and they still hit you, but you cannot hit back.

Not alot of grouping in this game, I have not found many friendly people.

To get a horse or dragon mount you have to train them up to level 31.   In the meantime you have to keep them fed and they eat rocks that you have to mine no less.  You also have to keep them healed if they are targeted and that takes herbs.  And of course mining or herbing is extremely slow.   The only good thing is you can just click on the mine or plant every so often, it is not constant clicking, but my idea of fun is not spending a couple hours every day mining and herbing, just to keep the pet alive.

You need lots of money in this game to buy armor and weapons, you do not get enough drops to keep you in armor.  With that in mind the best way to get money is to do the kill 20 of that type quests.  Problem is the quests are level based and set too high.  By that I mean if you can easily kill something at level 10, you won't get the quest for it until level 12, in the meantime you are killing things that are very slow to level on.

The variety of things to kill is very small, usually you have a choice of one or two creatures to kill.  Of course if you can get in a group you can do higher level creatures, but have not found many groups.

All armor for your class looks the same according to the level range you are in.  Same with weapons.

Death penalty, gets harsh once you get past 15.  You can lose an hours leveling with one death.  No way to recover it either.  And it is quite easy to die in the game, creatures will follow you forever sometimes if you aggro them, especially ones that are higher than you and you can sidle up next to a npc guard, but it won't help, guards are strictly for looks only.

Not a horrible game, but just not much fun factor.   I just find that moving around is extremely awkward.  Point and click is just not very well implemented. 

Comments

• DethlyBladeZDethlyBladeZ Member Posts: 106
    What do you expect for a free MMO..
  • bubblegummanbubblegumman Member Posts: 6
    Last Chaos is not all that bad of a game. If you think that it is just a click-n-go game, than try RuneScape. RuneScape has no keyboard value whatsoever. At least Last Chaos allows you to use the keyboard to bring up menus. The multiple clicking is mainly caused by server lag, and is usually found in towns.

If you have trouble targeting, try zooming in on your character. If you do, lo and behold the screen gets bigger and everything else with it.

The targets may disappear occasionally, but if you just click away one time, they re-appear.

If you have trouble grouping, then buddy you have serious problems. Last Chaos has a pretty good party system for a free MMORPG. Most games require you to go through several windows in order to party with somebody.

OK, I will have to agree with you on some aspects of the pet system. It is tedious to level up your pet, but if you equip the pet then as you train it trains with you. What MMORPG doesn't have a grind? To help with the mining and herbing, get a tool aid. they are relatively cheap, and the tools only cost 1000 to buy a new one. 27 stones and 27 herbs will last you a long time. You can also buy an enhancer from the Item Mall to help you acquire the much needed resources.

What game (not just MMORPG) doesn't require you to have lots of money in order to get newer weapons and armor? Silkroad and Hero Online give them in drops, but by the time you can kill that creature, the drops are 10 levels below you. Sell that equipment to buy new equipment. Simple as that. But in Last Chaos, kill some Sasquatches until it drops moonstones, tool aids, or greater healing potions. The grind may be well worth the wait for that new armor and weapon so you can kill the next monster.

Yeah, the monster selection is small, but most games do have a small selection of creatures. At least, all the completely free ones do.

All armor does not look the same. There is SOME customization in the armor, but in the end they look similar in some ways.

The death penalty does get harsh, but there are ways to recover it by using scrolls bought from the Item Mall. Personally, I don't buy from there (I don't waste real money on games) and for the people who do, they have somewhat of an advantage

All in all, Last Chaos is a pretty good game. Just because you don't like the grind doesn't mean somebody else can not like the game. I like the game a lot and play it almost every day. You have some good points, but some of those you need to take into consideration and play the game a little bit more.

Current MMORPG's - Last Chaos, Hero Online, RuneScape, Silk Road.

Current PC games - Dark Messiah, Oblivion, Dungeon Lords, Heroes V.

I hate the crap about "98% of teenagers do this, if you are part of the 2% that don't, put this is your signature!" Everybody knows that its 99% and the 1% different teenagers.

Invader ZIM is crazy, he's about 3 feet tall and thinks he is going to rule the world. Everybody knows you have to be at least 4 feet tall to do that.

• leearesonleeareson Member Posts: 4
    dude if u can find freinds in this game within 1 day u have 2 have chat turned off, and the whole junk about not being able 2 find a party is just wrong and if u cant find 1 make 1, yes there is a lot of grinding in the game but its free and is a LOT better than some other free games out there take runescape 4 example its all grinding even the skills r grinding like cooking and mining runescape is just plain repetitive at least this game has more 2 it than just repation.  The game is growing and there are a lot of events that are actualy good ones unlike runescape where its a costume or random on LC it may have a peice of special armor in the event but most of the time its certan buffs, lotarys, or other holaday items with certain efects and  the gs and gms are verry helpfull.
  • about drop rate, it's much better than Rappelz. in Rappelz, don't hope to get any drop in one day's grinding.
  • energydrainenergydrain Member Posts: 52

still a heluvalot of a grind fest....and too repetetive

if i were me...i'd suggest not even trying....i'm only playing cuz i'm kinda hooked on being the first on the list....but this grind is TERRIBLE, especially for a lvl 58 rogue..not even funny..i'm only stayin with it for the highscores...even tho i know better..

Originally posted by bubblegumman

Yeah, the monster selection is small, but most games do have a small selection of creatures. At least, all the completely free ones do.

completely free my ***....the item  mall is way not worth its cost....and without it game gets boring....

Point Note: sorry i double-posted.....couldn't quote while editing my other post...

• WurstmannWurstmann Member Posts: 24
    I've played a lot of so called "free" MMORPGs. Most of them with a "-Online" at the end. But Last Chaos was really one of the worst.
    I know, they're all about grinding, but LC had also such a bad performance (okay, Athlon XP 2200+ wasn't the best, but the graphics are neither) that I stopped it very soon.

And remember Kids: free does not mean free! You are wasting your time, which is much more worthful than money.
  • kof2003kof2003 Member Posts: 128

this game is malicious

Originally posted by Wurstmann

I've played a lot of so called "free" MMORPGs. Most of them with a "-Online" at the end. But Last Chaos was really one of the worst. I know, they're all about grinding, but LC had also such a bad performance (okay, Athlon XP 2200+ wasn't the best, but the graphics are neither) that I stopped it very soon. And remember Kids: free does not mean free! You are wasting your time, which is much more worthful than money.
    Truer words have never been said^^....as for me, as i said beforehand, only staying to be #1 on the list....if i had another game, i would go..but sadly...can't find 1

• Kez95Kez95 Member UncommonPosts: 53

The grind may be well worth the wait for that new armor and weapon so you can kill the next monster.

How exactly is killing a slightly harder monster the same way you killed the last 10,000 monsters any more fun? 

It isn't, it's just your mind playing tricks on you.  "Grinding" is not fun, it's a psychological trick to make you think you are progressing, so you'll either buy an item or continue your subscription next month.

People who understand this want MMORPGs to be about content, or different, varying, solid strategic play, not grinding.  Good content costs millions of dollars.  Free MMORPGs will never have that content.  Read the link below to understand the psychology.

MMORPGs are virtual skinner boxes.

http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/skinner.html

• hawkwindhawkwind Member Posts: 124
    The game has one main goal: to get noobs to pay for xp  potions and items that MIGHT slightly increase either your status as a player or stronger armor/better weapons.

We tried the item shop and using nearly 10$ got several potions that turned out to not work as described. We reported immediately and after almost a week got a letter saying please give more details. Remember this was after the gm announced the items were bugged.

The game is great for free but I doubt the fun will last for the average person longer than a few days or weeks. After spending 15 mil gold on items I out grew them in about 10 days and am quite broke and replacing them will require divine intervention. The economy of the game is completely destroyed for the average player.

Don't ya eat the yellow snow!

lol yea this game is full of tons of glitches that make u lose stuff or affect ur stuff, acc, blah blah blah....like for example i lost a few lvls when i got dc-ed...went  lv. 53-47...nothing has ever been done about it...stupid ***holes

• swordman17swordman17 Member Posts: 4

looking for a good RPG game.... anyone has good one?

• Z[MMOsmart]Z[MMOsmart] ATITD RepresentativeMember UncommonPosts: 82
    Hello Guys,

I want you to know, We at Aeria Games read these post. We understand the game is a grind. We  do hope that you meet some friends in it, and remember if Last Chaos isn't your cup of tea we have about 5 other games coming out this year alone. We like to say : " Community first, game second"

Please don't hesitate to post your thoughts and suggestions on our forums, I read them all.

Best,

Admin -Z- ...( Aeria Games)
  • plet70plet70 Member Posts: 9

This game sux with big

Hard to get lvs, Everything is almost free, Friends are hard to get, Bad PVP, etc.

The only thing is good in this game is... Friends that will help you and you can chat with and something more I cant remember

• scorchshinscorchshin Member Posts: 41

I just started playing so I can't give the best review yet on the game. So far though I'm having fun only level 12 though. Overall this game has the feel of a Diablo 2 to me. So if you are looking for a game to just have fun with this game is great.

Also I have not had to click on a moster more than twice to get a target. Nothing has disappeared on me and everyone I have asked for help has been nice.

• VioletFreakVioletFreak Member Posts: 9

This game...

*sigh*

I don't enjoy this game.

It's way too confusing, and everything is way too expensive.

Those who say

"What do you expect for a free game"

are very dumb.

There are MUCH better free games out there such as Flyff, Trickster, and so on!

• alby13alby13 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Ciredric

Yeah, I know, what do you expect for free.
    The click and move is really awkward, you sometimes have to click multiple times just to get your character to move. 
    Targeting is a real pain, you might have to click on a creature 3 or 4 times to get it to target and initiate a fight.
    Targets disappear sometimes after you attack them and they still hit you, but you cannot hit back.
    Not alot of grouping in this game, I have not found many friendly people.
    To get a horse or dragon mount you have to train them up to level 31.   In the meantime you have to keep them fed and they eat rocks that you have to mine no less.  You also have to keep them healed if they are targeted and that takes herbs.  And of course mining or herbing is extremely slow.   The only good thing is you can just click on the mine or plant every so often, it is not constant clicking, but my idea of fun is not spending a couple hours every day mining and herbing, just to keep the pet alive.
    You need lots of money in this game to buy armor and weapons, you do not get enough drops to keep you in armor.  With that in mind the best way to get money is to do the kill 20 of that type quests.  Problem is the quests are level based and set too high.  By that I mean if you can easily kill something at level 10, you won't get the quest for it until level 12, in the meantime you are killing things that are very slow to level on.
    The variety of things to kill is very small, usually you have a choice of one or two creatures to kill.  Of course if you can get in a group you can do higher level creatures, but have not found many groups.
    All armor for your class looks the same according to the level range you are in.  Same with weapons.
    Death penalty, gets harsh once you get past 15.  You can lose an hours leveling with one death.  No way to recover it either.  And it is quite easy to die in the game, creatures will follow you forever sometimes if you aggro them, especially ones that are higher than you and you can sidle up next to a npc guard, but it won't help, guards are strictly for looks only.
    Not a horrible game, but just not much fun factor.   I just find that moving around is extremely awkward.  Point and click is just not very well implemented. 
    Some have said on this thread, moving is no harder than Diablo. This is my opinion as well. I'll give you that targeting becomes tricky, especially if monsters or pets pile on top of each other.

Not of a lot of friendly people? I have to agree with others. I have met many friends on LC and I have friends from real life. We all enjoy the game and party together. I even have my own guild.

Tool Aids are dropped heavily so that you can keep a single pet fed and healthy through it's life up until you can mount it.

Once you progress to the higher levels, you have more choices of which monsters to kill, and you get quests to kill some monsters that you might not normally kill. If you get in a high level or big party you can fight monsters way beyond your level.

I'm glad the death penalty is like it is. It actually means something to die. Something you didn't mention is being resurrected by high level healers. That saves you xp. Also, you can use xp crystals that lessen the damage of xp loss when you die.

There is plenty of fun factor for those who are willing to investigate and to learn from your own experience and the experiences of others since many things are not documented.

I had to tear this post up.

Originally posted by energydrain

still a heluvalot of a grind fest....and too repetetive
    if i were me...i'd suggest not even trying....i'm only playing cuz i'm kinda hooked on being the first on the list....but this grind is TERRIBLE, especially for a lvl 58 rogue..not even funny..i'm only stayin with it for the highscores...even tho i know better..
    You are saying that you are staying with the game because you are one of the first and a super high level (58). So if everyone was level 58 or 60 or 60+ now that the level cap has been raised for the US version, you wouldn't feel so special, would you?

completely free my ***....the item  mall is way not worth its cost....and without it game gets boring....

Point Note: sorry i double-posted.....couldn't quote while editing my other post...

That really is just your opinion. The game can be fun without the item mall.
    Originally posted by Kez95

The grind may be well worth the wait for that new armor and weapon so you can kill the next monster.

How exactly is killing a slightly harder monster the same way you killed the last 10,000 monsters any more fun? 

It isn't, it's just your mind playing tricks on you.  "Grinding" is not fun, it's a psychological trick to make you think you are progressing, so you'll either buy an item or continue your subscription next month.

People who understand this want MMORPGs to be about content, or different, varying, solid strategic play, not grinding.  Good content costs millions of dollars.  Free MMORPGs will never have that content.  Read the link below to understand the psychology.

That's just it. Get this: there is no subscription. Ever. It's free. So grind to your hearts content. But seriously, there is strategy in this game. Skills combined with the buffs you can get from items make it so you have to plan your attack and be careful where you hunt monsters since they can overrun you and kill you. Some monsters are more aggressive than others.

"Shaggy67" said it best in the review:

"...You can make weapons or armor and make upgrades to your weapon to deal more damage.You can even add special abilitys for your weapon or armor.These abilitys range from improved damage from weapons to better defensive abilitys to armor.Players can even have pets but you have to take care of them and level them while doing the same for your character.You also can team up with other players through a the party system or join a guild...."

By your definition, Last Chaos has a little of these elements in a game that should cost "millions of dollars."

lol yea this game is full of tons of glitches that make u lose stuff or affect ur stuff, acc, blah blah blah....like for example i lost a few lvls when i got dc-ed...went  lv. 53-47...nothing has ever been done about it...stupid ***holes
    It's true, but they still call it a beta. That means it's not finished yet. Hopefully when they do finish, serious bugs and glitches will be fixed.
    Originally posted by Z[MMOsmart]

Hello Guys,

I want you to know, We at Aeria Games read these post. We understand the game is a grind. We  do hope that you meet some friends in it, and remember if Last Chaos isn't your cup of tea we have about 5 other games coming out this year alone. We like to say : " Community first, game second"

Please don't hesitate to post your thoughts and suggestions on our forums, I read them all.

Best,

Admin -Z- ...( Aeria Games)
    Of course there will always be a little of a "grind" feeling. That's okay. I just hope they can take all the things that make it fun and less of a "grind" and maximize it.

My big problem is with so many spelling and grammar mistakes. I would volunteer my time to fix these things for current and future text in the game and on the website as a fluent English speaking American.

I'm waiting for project torque! Don't disappoint an Aeria fan!
  • LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

2 words: Bad Quests

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• pyrocrazypyrocrazy Member Posts: 65

this is a bit off topic but some people here were asking  about some good games, if you dont mind botters try SRO but i say FlyFF is an awesome game.

Last Chaos isnt the worst ive seen but in my opinion its down there on the list of crappy mmo's