Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another rant about runescape

White-EyesWhite-Eyes Member Posts: 108

I just quit runescape and man i havent felt any better! My tip as a once hard core runescape fane is dont start the game becuase its free! All it is,is grind,grind,grind! Try out some other MMORPG's rather than runescape becuase sadly that was my first and i can tell you shortly that the comminity sucks! If there was a training place for amature scammers runescape would be it! And all and all there are way better MMO's out there all together! And in short thats my rant.

Stephan Moffett

Comments

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    Runescape is only grind for ppl who r trying to be best. { Mod Edit } Also yea there r troubles with the community, but if you just ignore the scammmers you will find many intresting ppl. If u make some frends on the game u dont even need to have regular enabled. Also if ur a member or go to secluded or dangerous areas you will zero n00bs or scammers.

Runescape is also FREE. remember that.

• White-EyesWhite-Eyes Member Posts: 108
    Alright get it stright noob ive been playing runescape for 2 years now and have been a member for a year and have finished most quests and almost finished most skills. IT IS A GRINDFEST! All you do is click,click,click,click. Over and over aging. The battling sytem sucks, i dont even think i should get into that and you cant trust anybody unless you know them in real life over 90% of the time. Runescape is flawed in almost all ways look at how it got rated { Mod Edit } and theres your answer! If anybody actually wants to play runescape then take my advice. The pros are that its free and has a fairly large world for you, its a good game for nooby MMO'rs who want a basic grasp on MMORPG's and its got other things to do other than combat. Also if you pay for the membership you get a lot more things to do. The Cons are that the scammers are imense! Everyone's a dickhead! BOTS OUT OF THE YING-YANG! And its grindfest central! Overall all i can tell you is if you want to play this game take my advice into mind and watch out for scammers.

Stephan Moffett

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450
    I haven't played this game in a long time. I started back in 2000 about when you would normally have about 3,000 people online at once instead of 200,000. It was good fun for a while, but their lack of good customer support kind of killed the whole thing.
  • shixxshixx Member Posts: 19
    This Game is Meant for Kids ages 14 and Under.. it's Fun for a beginner in the MMO World but for the more exp Gamers out there Play something else.

"Blood drips, Blood sings, Blood devours all and only Blood remains"
    www.leadingentertainment.com/index.php

• GanonduarfGanonduarf Member Posts: 28
    Honestly any real gamer of any kind would look at this game and wonder how can I cause mass obliteration to it, seriously this is one of the worst games in history right next to Ogre Island.

Yours sincerly,
    The Great Ganonduarf

• ciana1ciana1 Member Posts: 2

Funny thing about all the scammers you all claim to have come in contact with.... It seems they only affect you self-proclaimed "hard core gamers" that think they are too good for the game. :-D

I have played the game for about five years now... and I have never been scammed.. or hacked. lol Beginners luck, I guess? :-P It IS the first morpg I ever played, after all. I play others as well... but still go back to Runescape. I just like it. (And trust me, I am far from a 14 year old. lol)

I find that there are many types of gamers looking for many types of games. Some like intensive combat... some prefer skills. Some enjoy PvP while others do not. And while graphics may be the most important part or YOUR gaming experience, that is not true for everyone. This is why  no game is "rubbish".. It is just simply not for you.

Originally posted by White-Eyes

WTF!?!? Where the hell did that come from! O let me gess "the heart?!" Dude what reality have you been living in? Runescape is full of scammers and hackers! Its one of the best known hacked MMO's on earth! And yes it is begginers luck! Or else you where just lucky or to much of a dickhead yourself to notice all of the scammers and hackers out there and the generall bad community! Sure some die hard gamers out there or some relitivly new ones might find Runescape as the best experince in there life but no matter what you cant deny the majority of the populace agrees on a lot of RS's problems. O ya and im not FLAMING anybody! Just had to throw that out there. Im already in enough trouble as it is for flaming lol.
    I have to agree with White-Eyes there

Yours sincerly,
    The Great Ganonduarf

• k0rnkidk0rnkid Member Posts: 3
    I used to play RS a long time ago... back when it first released the final version... and it was all fun, then members came out, so I became one.... and Ill tell you right now... because it was getting so popular, it started getting hacked more and more, and Ill be honest, I was one of the scammers... basically now, its all about hacking and scamming, so White-Eyes is right about everything
    Originally posted by k0rnkid

I used to play RS a long time ago... back when it first released the final version... and it was all fun, then members came out, so I became one.... and Ill tell you right now... because it was getting so popular, it started getting hacked more and more, and Ill be honest, I was one of the scammers... basically now, its all about hacking and scamming, so White-Eyes is right about everything

Congragulations! You are one of the few people to come to realise reality! But unforntitally I dont have the power to go and be all here is your one million bucks so I've got to say I nearly agree with him, I have and will always hate Runescape

Yours sincerly,
    The Great Ganonduarf

• chrism988chrism988 Member Posts: 1
    I don't think it's Runescape's fault at all, it's not its fault if it became so popular and so many ppl hacked and scammed. You just have to be careful if you hate scammers, but if you still hate runescape then i won't try to change that.

I have the heart of a child...
    IN A JAR ON MY DESK!!!

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64
    The only way I think you would get hacked would be to tell someone your password..
    That is not true there is your steriotypical nerds that sit behind a computer screen with nothing better to do then guess passwords and usernames

Yours sincerly,
    The Great Ganonduarf

• adam0379adam0379 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Ganonduarf

That is not true there is your steriotypical nerds that sit behind a computer screen with nothing better to do then guess passwords and usernames
    well if ur not a dumbass and put summat like 'hello' as ur password they cant gues ur pass.
  • KemenlithKemenlith Member Posts: 263
    Look. You get what you pay for. Get over it. If you're not willing to pay money for a game, then you're going to be playing with others who don't want to pay to play. Which means lots of scammers. But it is possible to evade and ignore them.

Oh, and let others have their own opinions. Obviously ciana1 enjoys playing  Runescape. Don't bash her for it if its what she like. Also, she is about..... oh 25 years older than all of you (and me) and was trying to nicely tart a civil discussion about Runescape, and you immaturely bashed her for it. Besides her almost all of you currently playing are in your teens. Goes to show who likes to play free stuff. If you want a game without scammers then suck it up, pay, and stop whining about it. I recommend you try something new, WoW, Eve Online, WWG, EQ II, or another of many MMOs.

Currently: Playing EVE Online
    Previous: FFXI, Dragonrealms, sad little stint in WOWland.
    Awaiting: Fallen Earth, Hero''s Journey, Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by adam0379

Originally posted by Ganonduarf

well if ur not a dumbass and put summat like 'hello' as ur password they cant gues ur pass.

Ever heard of keyloggers, or brute force password cracking programs? If not, stay off the internet. You're not ready to survive here.
This discussion has been closed.