Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April Fools and WoW

boommer99boommer99 Member UncommonPosts: 309

Well, after sticking up for Bliz for the past like... 3 years (I was an alpha tester), I finally decided to jump ship after the travesty they called an expansion (which I also alpha tested). 

Today, solidified the deal...  I was 'playing' with coming back if they fixed anything with the Huntard class, but now, after the armory and AFTER many people have been getting flamed on the forums AND in game about their gear DUE to the armory, AND after they blocked people from seeing Fires of Heaven,  I can safely I will NEVER return to WoW.  Good job Bliz.  Instead of doing something funny you choose to make fun of a problem you created with your armory...  Kudo's!  Great way to show your players you don't really give a damn!

---
Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%

Comments

• So what ?. There is so much other you can do then play computergames.
  • MaddieeMaddiee Member Posts: 43

Lol so loet me get this straight, u quit wow due to the armoury?

Man u really need to stop playing any computer games.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Originally posted by boommer99

Well, after sticking up for Bliz for the past like... 3 years (I was an alpha tester), I finally decided to jump ship after the travesty they called an expansion (which I also alpha tested). 
    Today, solidified the deal...  I was 'playing' with coming back if they fixed anything with the Huntard class, but now, after the armory and AFTER many people have been getting flamed on the forums AND in game about their gear DUE to the armory, AND after they blocked people from seeing Fires of Heaven,  I can safely I will NEVER return to WoW.  Good job Bliz.  Instead of doing something funny you choose to make fun of a problem you created with your armory...  Kudo's!  Great way to show your players you don't really give a damn!
    Your right, how dare blizz not make WoW for just for you.. how selfish can they get? how dare they tailer the game best they can to the other 7,999,999 players.. shame on blizz.

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    here's one for you cupertino, over 8 million subscribers play WoW, but can you honestly say that they are all happy with it? Happy trolling! I know that's all you like to do on these forums!

*walks off humming to himself happily*

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• I'm confused as to why people make such a big deal over the armory.. not like it shows your CC info, your address, or other REAL personal information.  So you can't lie about your spec anymore, QQ.  Don't like people seeing your gear? QQ, inspect has been in the game since conception. 

Cry me a river you god damn baby.
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I love Blizzard's April's Fool Jokes and personally I don't understand ur point with the post... Did you quit WoW because u thought their April Fools Jokes were boring? That's kind of strange...

• SeytSeyt Member Posts: 36
    Yeah cuse this years april fool's joke is hilarious...tinfoil hat....rofl...

WoW addict.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Godliest

I love Blizzard's April's Fool Jokes and personally I don't understand ur point with the post... Did you quit WoW because u thought their April Fools Jokes were boring? That's kind of strange...
    hah, i agree with him!
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• boommer99boommer99 Member UncommonPosts: 309

It truely is amazing how many WoW players it takes to read and/or get a joke.  Appearantly a lot cuz you idiots still haven't gotten it.

lolololololol

---
    Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Why the hell do people care if someone can see your armor big deal its not going to change anything, good quit and dont come back.
  • SeytSeyt Member Posts: 36
    I agree with Thrift i mean how stupid does this sound "ZOMG they all can see my armor i feel so violated...i quit :(" i mean seriously good riddance...

WoW addict.

• XTinTioNXTinTioN Member Posts: 205
    LOOOOL

quitting a game just for the armor? XDDD

LOOOl

......hmmmm ok.....well...there are people that complaint about the food.....other about their neighbour and others about wow's armory xDDDD

oh well =P

Cheers

Currently Playing: GTA4, Urban Terror, Aion,Dreamfall:TLJ,Fahrenheit

• XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    As Blizzard said in there Movie

"The POWER of the Horde"

and only...

"The Might of the Alliance"
  • Diesel471Diesel471 Member CommonPosts: 28
    1 down---8.49m more to go
  • TeaKettleJTeaKettleJ Member UncommonPosts: 9

Originally posted by Thrift

Why the hell do people care if someone can see your armor big deal its not going to change anything, good quit and dont come back.

Well said Thrift!

If you don't like the game, then leave (which you have), but do we really need to hear about your leaving? Blizz made an April fools joke and you didn't find it funny, but is that really a need for an announcement and quitting?

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

It truely is amazing how many WoW players it takes to read and/or get a joke.  Appearantly a lot cuz you idiots still haven't gotten it.
    lolololololol

Wait... Let's get this straight? This post was a joke, correct? Welcome to the top ten of boring jokes on WoW Forums.

So far we got 2 contestants to vote for either it's boommer99:s joke about that he quit because of Blizzard's April's Fool Jokes or it's Foodoolaws joke about his mother getting WoW for him, at the age of 27 (for more information check this.

The voting will start today and will be up for 1 week. The winner will be announced and will get the title "absolutely most lame spammer and troller on the forums", u will also get negative 3 stars. May the lamest spammer and troller win!

• mieiikkimieiikki Member Posts: 5
    Why? I can tell you exactly why as I have come across this a few times now. People can no longer lie!! Well they can but they get caught *grins* People try to say they have this spec or that talent .. then you go to the armorey and find it diffrent.. people claim * I as a holy pally have 1300 to healing!* Hmm ok, go to the armorey and find that too is a lie. With the armorey you cant hide your true spec, you cant hide your true stats.

Meranwe
    70 *Frost* Mage
    Alliance, Farstriders
    Prophecy

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Educated guess.

Boomer99 plays a hunter, he's one of those typical hunters that takes anything they can wear because hunters can make use of most stats.  He probably has all kinds of strange gear, cloth arcane dmg, leather mana regen, mail melee pieces, etc.

Boomer99 goes to the WoW forums and makes a post pretending that he knows what he's talking about.  Someone there calls his BS and looks up his armory profile, sees the laughable set of gear he uses, then flames him so bad that Boomer99 starts to cry IRL. 

Boomer99, who's now afraid of being humiliated again on the public forum, comes to MMORPG.com to post his farewell message...and make some weird reference to april fools and something another about some guild that nobody really cares about to begin with.

Goodbye and good to see that the WoW community can be positivily affected by one person leaving the game.

• godliest, You should expand you poll with the lamest spammer. I got a other one to the list "0k21". Dunno with bommer99, but after today show from Foodoolaws he is gonna win as the biggest pro lammer spammer.

• JustFinchJustFinch Member Posts: 113

Psstt.....logout of WoW naked EVERY night. WOO!