Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New server for EVE

LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

IM an old player of eve I quit it about 4 months after uk release mainly because the bugs at the start of the game gave some people a huge advantage now don’t get me wrong im not whining about this I just believe a lot of people would come back if CpC would start a new server one where you start from scratch I know I would and im sure others out there would 2

Comments

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163
    I highly doubt that CCP would consider opening another server unless they were guarenteed at least 10,000 new subscriptions.  Part of the EVE appeal is that all players are on one server.  The galaxy of eve is large enough to handle many more people especially since CCP just completed massive hardware upgrades.

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

• BaldurBaldur Member Posts: 56

Also, we must remember that EVE's current server "Tranquility" isn't really a single server, or computer. It is what you might call a server cluster, or server hive. Tranquility itself consists of many, many computer systems to keep it up and running. There is probably at least one login processing machine, many many more machines just for SQL processing, and then other machines which host sections of the universe.

I'm sure if CCP could do it, they would - but I'm pretty confident that they wish to put more people on tranquility first, seeing as how expandable it is.

-Baldur