Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Polish Is Everything

Let's be honest here, a game without polish isn't a game many people want to play, really. If it's got more than five unintentional spelling / grammar mistakes in a quest, I'm likely to get bored and quit. Same goes for bugs and the like.

Without polish, a game won't survive. Even if the game is the deepest, and best, MMO out there, that little coat of polish will make the game shine - it'll make it win.

So, for all the budding game developers out there, here's why WoW is the best on the market.

It's not because it's original, or even brilliant - although it is pretty much close to the latter.

It's because it's polished. Don't copy WoW's game design, that'll get you no where - since everyone who wants a game like WoW is playing WoW. Copy WoW's polish, that'll make your game great.

Side note:- Blizzard are well known for their games, and the polish on their games. Ever wondered why they succeeded so well?

Comments

• TelvannasTelvannas Member Posts: 123
    Bump.
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

not... exactly

You can sit there and polish a turd all day and it still will be a turd. To put it a little less crudely, you must have a good base before polishing something becomes worthwhile.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• rob1101rob1101 Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

not... exactly
    You can sit there and polish a turd all day and it still will be a turd. To put it a little less crudely, you must have a good base before polishing something becomes worthwhile.
    he speaks the truth
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Im of Polish/German descent and I agree with this topic.  Polish is everything.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."