Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it a raiding game

is it a raiding game?

Comments

• Paizo_JimPaizo_Jim Member UncommonPosts: 12

While you can raid in Dungeons & Dragons Online, that's not the focus of the game. You'll spend a vast majority of your time exploring solo and group-based content.

You can try the game for free for 10 days by downloading the trial at http://trial.ddo.com.

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765
    Originally posted by TSRJim

While you can raid in Dungeons & Dragons Online, that's not the focus of the game. You'll spend a vast majority of your time exploring solo and group-based content.
    You can try the game for free for 10 days by downloading the trial at http://trial.ddo.com.

Hey there, you are checking these here forums for feedback?

I find these forums quite honest, btw, even with all the hate on them, at least it's not payed and bought like many other forums.
  • Paizo_JimPaizo_Jim Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by random11

Hey there, you are checking these here forums for feedback?

I find these forums quite honest, btw, even with all the hate on them, at least it's not payed and bought like many other forums.

I do read the forums and listen to the feedback, responding as needed. Most of the forums I read contain some honest feedback for us, and I make sure to take everything I hear back us so it can be considered for future content plans. A vast majority of the feedback we receive is from our own message boards, but sites like MMORPG are quite valuable as well.

• metatronicmetatronic Member Posts: 329
    Is there any trial for people that played the game the first month it was out and just wanna check it out to see if its worth coming back? Like swg offers vets 21 days for ex vets on their old accounts?
  • RexfelisRexfelis Member Posts: 40

Raid loot is very significantly better than loot you find outside of raids. This is part of the definition of "Raid Game" as far as I am concerned. You get to the maximum level and want to develop your character further. What can you do? You play the "raid game" of going after the very best items.

You can get items that are very useful, even very good/great, from outside of raids, but never spectacular like raid loot.

Tomes of permanent +2 inherent bonuses are uncommonly found from 1 chest per raid. Never found outside of raids.

Examples of Non-raid loot:

Cloak of Resistance +2, Keen Sword +5, Mithral Chain Shirt +5,
    Ring of Protection +2, Belt of Strength +5, Bracers of +2 Dodge AC Lawful-only characters

Raid Loot:

Mithral Chain Shirt +5 that is 1 armor better than normal Mithral Chain +5
    Ring of Dodge Bonus +3 AC, no special restrictions
    Greatsword +5 that has 1 better critical hit range than other greatswords
    Belt of Strength +6 and Moderate Fortification
    Bracers of Resistance +3 & Protection +3 & Constitution +3 [all on the same item. and this is considered low-average quality raid loot]

IF These "raid loots", or very similar items, could be found from higher-level non-raid treasure hordes, then I would agree that DDO is not focused on Raid Play. Unfortunately, similar items are not found anywhere in the game. You have to Raid to get them.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by metatronic
    Is there any trial for people that played the game the first month it was out and just wanna check it out to see if its worth coming back? Like swg offers vets 21 days for ex vets on their old accounts?

You missed the comeback weekend a few weeks ago. It was anyone who had an account in the past could come back and play that weekend for free.

I would suggest making a hotmail account or if you got an alt email account do the trial. If you still have your CDs just install again and use the trial key. You might want to wait till the new mod goes in this week if you're wanting to see the newest content. I believe it goes live this week.

Hope that helps.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.