Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Superb review giving details of how Eve will develop in the future!

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

You can read this latest article giving details of Eve Online's future below:

http://mmog.onlinewelten.com/interviews,id1756,4,tech_iii_schiffe_rev_20_alles_ueber_nahe_ferne_zukunft_eve.html

Comments

• AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234

Thanks for the link that was really interesting interview.

I HATED reading this though: "Level 5 missions will also be too difficult to solo with level 6 missions being the type of thing a big gang of players does on a weekend ." Don´t we have enough crappy raiding games already...only remeeding factor is that since lvl 6 missions are in losec maybe you can just organize gang of your own and loot the raiding gang....

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Well gee it is a MMO, certainly won't hurt you to group for once.  Stick to level 4's if you have to solo, they are not going away.

I do not see small alliances doing the level 5's or 6's much though, many of the pirate corps are flying carriers and dreads now and I don't see small corps being able to compete with them.

• AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Ciredric

Well gee it is a MMO, certainly won't hurt you to group for once.  Stick to level 4's if you have to solo, they are not going away.
    I do not see small alliances doing the level 5's or 6's much though, many of the pirate corps are flying carriers and dreads now and I don't see small corps being able to compete with them.

Umm since when not wanting to raid= not wanting to group and I definetly don´t spend my time in EVE soloing lvl 4´s. I have taken part in the biggest fleet battles in EVE´s history and do pvp in some form pretty much daily so I would say I do my fair share of grouping. What I do NOT want to do is train for capitals to be able to form zerg to beat some mindless npc to get phat lewts. And zerging is definetly what this will lead to. You don´t bring in capitals without a good support gang.

Ok so now you say: so don´t do it then. Well that will be bit hard for 2 reasons mainly. First I would have to let my corp/alliance down which I would rather not do and secondly I would have to purchase whatever uber mods those missions give and would of course need to generate money to do that which would lead back to it being easier just to join the gang anyway.

I have done my fair share of raiding in other games and was damn happy it wasnt part of EVE. I really hope CCP can balance this somehow but I just don´t see how they can do it atm.

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    To be honest I am kind of happy that they are putting in lvl 5 and lvl6 missions. A lot of times 3 of my friends and I play EVE and we want to make some isk together; but since EVE doesn't allow for that we just split up and rat in systems or do missions. It will allow small groups of friends to earn isk together and have fun doing it.
  • pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

very nice

just the german lang who was abit of obstical ;)

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    He, so no plans to upgrade the AI.