Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April Fools Joke Heads up

rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151
So nobody falls for it, Blizzard will probably anounce something in the next few days that isn't true.

I'm sure it will get everybody excited, with a painful blow a couple days later when we realize it's all

a farce.

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    I always enjoy blizzards april fools jokes, them and google make great ones.
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I thought that the two headed ogre was an interesting idea.  Well, it was obvious it was a april fools joke, but I thought it would be interesting to have two players cooperating simultaneously in playing a single character.

It was sorta like...  "We are going to introduce a unique idea to the mmorpg community...!   ....  ...April fools!" 

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Thrift

Their World Of StarCraft one was EVIL tho xD I seriously want that.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by DuraheLL

You and me both. Although i don't generally play WoW anymore, i'm still curious as to what this year's April fools will be. They usually put alot of time and effort into them. Something you don't usually see from companies...

"Hah! The play button actually sells your credit card information! April Fools!"

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

...and it wasn't Blizzard's.

It was gamespot's

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Volkmar

It was gamespot's

So Blizzard didn't know anything ?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

Originally posted by Volkmar

It was gamespot's

So Blizzard didn't know anything ?who knows? why would they? There was no mention of this in their web site. Maybe gamespot asked for permission, but maybe they didn't.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

So far I love Blizzards April Fool's Jokes. WoW's two jokes so far were both really good. Coffee and Thai food ingame was maybe a bit lame, but their last one was better. Fake patchnotes and a fake race for the (then) upcoming expansion. Wisps... Lovely. Best because my friend was fooled by it.

Originally posted by Godliest

So far I love Blizzards April Fool's Jokes. WoW's two jokes so far were both really good. Coffee and Thai food ingame was maybe a bit lame, but their last one was better. Fake patchnotes and a fake race for the (then) upcoming expansion. Wisps... Lovely. Best because my friend was fooled by it.

oh yeah! that was great! Racial ability "self destruction" ! :D

• paperclaypaperclay Member Posts: 53
    every holiday i see that blizard is always celebrating it.. i just wonder what surprise are wating for us all
  • smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672
    I was crushed when i found out the two-headed ogre wasn't true...that would have been awesome. Two players, one body. :)

... and here they are!

This year we got two!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/tinfoilhat.xml

http://www.blizzard.com/whoa/

The first is self explanatory.,....

the second is just Warcraft III :D

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300
    I'm hoping this is a third joke:

www.worldofwarcraft.com/btattunement/

• Paul22Paul22 Member Posts: 127
    Damn volk you beat me to it :( i just noticed that on their main website to come on here and post it...lo and behold a faster person, and more perceptive apparently person has already posted it!
  • paperclaypaperclay Member Posts: 53
    its nice that blizzard is participating on some holidays IRL like this..enjoying IRL plus enjoying in game thats fun
    Originally posted by Lidane

I'm hoping this is a third joke:

www.worldofwarcraft.com/btattunement/

Darn! I missed that one!