Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough already!!!

For those of us stuck waiting til the 6th... you guys are driving me nuts!! 

For everyone running the first few days of open...  what are your thoughts thus far?   Pros / Cons   What stands out the most thus far in comparison to other games out there right now?

Comments

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

i'm running on the highest settings and am experiencing little lag - definitely a stand-out

and thats with lots of us noobs running around loose

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Well I will say that from what I saw its looks really good so far but then my video card took a huge SHIT. Now I can't play. Oh well have to see what newegg is selling.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

I had some pretty high expectations at launch regarding performance, and they were exceeded.  That surprised the hell out of me.

Tons of people running around, with my settings on modified Ultra High graphics, I only had a bit of lag near the quest givers.  And my machine is a mid to low level system (2.8 ghz P4, 2 GB ram, ATI x1600xt 256mb 8xagp).

People are in good spirits, morale (not the avatar's ) is high.  People seem to be having a really good time.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    I've been around since the start of beta in Sept.

I agree about the videocards, I had to give mine to my son and I am back on an old 9250. The game runs smooth on it, but the graphics are so painful to me, because I know what the game really looks like with a better graphics card.

I had a little lag zoning into Archet, but I always did during stress tests.

Very little wait time to log in. Most people in game are very polite.

The forums have a few trolls that want to go all EMO and say LOTRO sucks because they are having technical problems or server queues. It is still BETA, and will be until retail release April 24th. We all know that MMORPG releases can go south really fast, and you just have to bear with the mad rush for the first few days.

My advice to people that haven't setup their account yet, is to make sure you have patience and don't use IE when setting up your account on turbines account page.
  • coltrixcoltrix Member Posts: 3

The game looks good… but one thing…!!! I stated to play on Friday the 30th  first thing I did not like is the fact the camera view always show you the character back I can’t never see the my character face or what he looks like if I get him new gears…

I try the “Mouse Look mode” To rotate the camera around my character but I still see his back…. Anyway if there’s a way to change the view and someone know how I would appreciate the info…

But beside my camera view problem, it as good graphics and seems to have a lot of quest I’ll continue to play the game to get a better feel and I also want to try the crafting system… love the fact that I can create my own weapons…

That’s one of the reason I wanted to try this game. I have been looking for a game with good graphics and a good crafting system.

And if I like most of the game feature I’ll go for the $200 life time

(Most because I don’t thing I’ll ever find a perfect game)

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by coltrix

The game looks good… but one thing…!!! I stated to play on Friday the 30th  first thing I did not like is the fact the camera view always show you the character back I can’t never see the my character face or what he looks like if I get him new gears…
     I try the “Mouse Look mode” To rotate the camera around my character but I still see his back…. Anyway if there’s a way to change the view and someone know how I would appreciate the info…
     But beside my camera view problem, it as good graphics and seems to have a lot of quest I’ll continue to play the game to get a better feel and I also want to try the crafting system… love the fact that I can create my own weapons…
    That’s one of the reason I wanted to try this game. I have been looking for a game with good graphics and a good crafting system.

Try either right clicking or left clicking with your mouse.  Hold it down and move the mouse.. one of them (I think it's the right click) will move the camera around your character, while the other one will move the character with the camera.  A quick right click will center the character in the screen.

Hope this helps!

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• JJD74JJD74 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by seabass2003

Well I will say that from what I saw its looks really good so far but then my video card took a huge SHIT. Now I can't play. Oh well have to see what newegg is selling.

Right now there's a very nice 7800 @ newegg for under 110 bucks... and coming from someone running two of them in SLi mode... I can tell you, you won't be disappointed.  Even if you're only running one.

Definately looking forward to the 6th.

*edit* Pre-coffee spelling!

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    I'm very impressed with the overall polish of the game -- very smooth, not just graphically, but also in terms of gameplay.  Quite well done, I think.
    Originally posted by JJD74

Originally posted by seabass2003

Right now there's a very nice 7800 @ newegg for under 110 bucks... and coming from someone running two of them in SLi mode... I can tell you, you won't be disappointed.  Even if you're only running one.

Definately looking forward to the 6th.

*edit* Pre-coffee spelling!

Ohh nice thanks for the heads up but i got a hold of BFG and they said they would either fix it or exchange it for free so looks like im good.

• coltrixcoltrix Member Posts: 3

Thanks a lot “JonMichael ” for the help, now I can move the camera around my character….

• ItlanChodeItlanChode Member Posts: 69
    Are the high res graphics in? Last time I played, they weren't.
  • EiaeEiae Member Posts: 61
    Sounds great. Love the fact its only $10 a month in subscription. Other games will take a beating from that alone.
    Originally posted by coltrix

You can also use the numpad to rotate your camera view around