Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Falsified MMO Claims

http://www.netgame.com/landing/fate/index.php?sname=mmorpg&bname=20070309_fate_500_60

Like that. 70 million registered players world wide? I think not.

And that stupid Pirates Online game. Most anticipated MMO of 2007? Pfft, definately not.

I think these kinds of claims should just get banned from MMORPG.com, I mean - it's just lies. ¬¬

Comments

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Why should it be false?

It is free and it is from korea. So almost everybody from there prolly gave it a shot at one time or another and even here many people will try it, being free and all.

REGISTERED, though, just mean that: they tried it. It has no bearing on how many people are actually playing right now.

Might still seems impressive, but all it measure is how many people were even a little bit interested to make an account and try the game.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• TelvannasTelvannas Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Volkmar

Why should it be false?
    It is free and it is from korea. So almost everybody from there prolly gave it a shot at one time or another and even here many people will try it, being free and all.
    REGISTERED, though, just mean that: they tried it. It has no bearing on how many people are actually playing right now.
    Might still seems impressive, but all it measure is how many people were even a little bit interested to make an account and try the game.

It says players, not accounts.

So, yeah..

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    did you register?

it's not hard... a bunch of farmers and whatnot with bots could make close to a million accounts in a few days...

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Yeah, those ads suck, but it's either bullshit ads from cloneware Asian games or IGE ads.  Given that choice, I'd rather hear exaggerated claims about some Asian game.  This site doesn't really have any standards in what advertisement is allowed.  The only reason the advertisements have gotten cleaner is because most MMORPG.com banners are now delivered via third-party adservices.
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by Telvannas

Originally posted by Volkmar

Why should it be false?

It says players, not accounts.

So, yeah..

yeah? so? it is still registerd. not active.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Telvannas

http://www.netgame.com/landing/fate/index.php?sname=mmorpg&bname=20070309_fate_500_60
    Like that. 70 million registered players world wide? I think not.
    And that stupid Pirates Online game. Most anticipated MMO of 2007? Pfft, definately not.
    I think these kinds of claims should just get banned from MMORPG.com, I mean - it's just lies. ¬¬
    They were players once, so they aren't lying, its not a false claim.

I believe PKO was the most hyped game on mmosite.com
  • IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256
    On TV they tell me I can remove every single spot from my T-Shirt by spraying 1 drip of their new and improved hyperly tested ultra stuff.

In reality, I have to empty 10 bottles of their crappy fluid to clean the spots the first 10 bottles made on my T-Shirt. It's all just advertisement. The information is correct, just in a relative way. Sure, most anticipated MMO. If I ask 5 of their developers and 1 random guy which MMO they hype most, I have 5 out of 6 people hyping that game. Most anticipated MMO!

It's just the way the world works unfortunately.