Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft movie: Plus insider look on how the "Big Game" will be brought to xbox 360.

Well just as many other video games went down the road to be made a movie so will the famous mmorpg WOrld of Warcraft. Now unlike any other video game that has or will be made a movie World of Warcraft is the only mmorpg to be made or talked about being made a big screen hit. Paul Sams during the interview with Gamespot says

GameSpot: Let's talk about the big news this week, the movie. How do you make sure the Warcraft movie--well, plain and simple--doesn't suck?

Paul Sams: We're not trying to take what we've done and...try to make a literal translation to the big screen. What we want to do is to make a great movie that happens to be set in a video game universe. That's a differentiator, and a key differentiator.

A lot of it comes down to picking the right people. A lot of the other video game movies that have come out before this haven't had the budgets, the right people, and haven't had the right mindset.

We and Legendary want to make a great film, an event picture, big-budget picture, that is a great stand-alone, fantasy-based movie that is good for you regardless of whether you're familiar with the Warcraft universe.

Now apparently Paul Sams intends on making this movie something like never before seen, something all movie producers and rights holders want when they make a film. In movies that have come from video games, they dont want only the players that have played it to see the movie, but that even the people who know nothing of the movie to see it and think "wow what a great movie" and have to go see it. This means that the movie will also have to appease the sence of everyone in some way wether its action, horror, intensity and such things that people look for. So in making a game, not only I, but many others believe that World of Warcraft will make this kind of movie possible.  For now thats all anyone needs to know I've said enough for now and I will keep the crowd updated.

Also the scoop that has not yet been decided but has been conversated about many times is that World of Warcraft will launch on the world hit Xbox 360. Blizzerd says that they dont want the game to be launched for the console system yet the board believes that to get more players they need to launch on more than just the pc. The board also believes that putting this mmorpg on a console system will open many oppertunities such as the more players the more updates are needed. If more and more players begin to play they see it fit to update things such as visual graphics and more quests and items. The only thing that is stopping WoW to be launched on the console system is the trouble of bringing "hot keys" to the controler. For this they will either stick to the original design of the Xbox 360 controller or design a new one with a side keyboard to place hotkeys. This also is the end of this section if you have any questions contact me on this site or email me at [email protected]

Blah Blah Blah

Comments

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    The Warcraft universe doesn't make sense out of context.  If you aren't looking at it from the perspective of it being a world based on the real-time-strategy game, you might as well be watching any old Elves and Swords movie.

And I don't see how they're going to keep the Warcraft universe looking like the Warcraft universe using live animation.  Why live animation?  It makes no sense.

Why can't they make a full-length CGI movie using the same style that they made WC3's cutscenes and WoW's opening movies?  That would be damn well near perfect.

And I have no idea how they would work the console idea.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I could see how it would work if they wanted to make multiple movies, but you're right...as a stand alone film, there would be no context.  There's too much history that sets everything up, they can't just make a movie and set it in the time after the Frozen Throne and expect people to know what the hell is going on (A scrolling line of text explaining the lore ala Starwars isn't good enough)  If the movie is live action, then I would think that almost everyone with the exceptions of the humans would still be CG...there's just no way that they would be able to create the kinds of Orcs and undead that they would want to with live action makeup and costumes...and you're right, live action also doesn't fit with the style of the game very well, but I still think it's doable.

As for the 360 version...no new xbox 360 controller is going to make WoW fun to play on the 360...you'll need a keyboard.  I tried playing EQ for the ps2 with nothing but a controller, and it's not a problem of moving your character and playing the game, it's a problem of communication.  You try typing and trying to keep up a conversation with nothing but a controller.  Eventually I got to a point where I could type almost as fast with the controller as I could with a keyboard, obviously I had to make shortcuts and typos were frequently uncorrected...but by the time I got to that point, by D pad had been pushed so many times that it was about to fall out.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.