Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

**ATTENTION** ex and actual WoW players

VormirVormir Member UncommonPosts: 135

Hello friends,

This is not a joke of anykind.

Today when i got home from work I got an email form blizzard account admin, saying my account was closed due to exploting and that my credit card was free from future billing. nothing new here but...

I DONT have a WoW account, nor am I a player.

I created a 10 day trial account last summer , canceled it after 8 days - 2006 and my credit card was never billed for that. They say my recurrent billing in the email.

NOTE: it is not a FAKE email. it comes from blizzard. Since i worked for 3 years in the industry as a QA tech and exploits GM, i told them I'm fully available to help them to solve this.

I dont know if anyone got this email, but heads up friends. someone is hacking past trial accounts to mess up the game. and someone else's life.

So, take care all and good gaming. reminder: DONT give your account details to anyone. I didnt. thats the odd stuff.

Cheers

Comments

  • EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340
    Well thats odd, i wouldn't have expected that! Must have been a suprise when you read that, eh? Suprise! You've been banned for exploitation! Your cancelled account has now been banned!

    image
    Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

  • VormirVormir Member UncommonPosts: 135

    Yep, I was stunned!

    First I thought it was from a dummy domain. someone that at a later stage would ask me for details.

    Then i got worried, because i had personal information on that account.

    Now, I'm more relax, since the only since I did that could hurt Blizzard was to cancel my account.

    So, dont forget to change your password frequently and dont give it to anyone, even your cat :)

    cheers

  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Vormir, how exactly is this "hack" carried out?  This should be discussed if this is a serious post about hacking....

    All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

  • CaleSentariCaleSentari Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Eichenkatze

    Well thats odd, i wouldn't have expected that! Must have been a suprise when you read that, eh? Suprise! You've been banned for exploitation! Your cancelled account has now been banned!



    Maybe they consider not subscribing after trying out the game an exploit...

     

     

     

     

    ...kidding.

  • julietjuliet Member Posts: 1
    Maybe there are virus in your computer,try to scan it .
  • paperclaypaperclay Member Posts: 53
    many posibilities can appear..first there are many site now that usually carries a spyware where it is in one sites that you have visited, secondly, there maybe a person that knows many imformation about you and last i heard about a credit card generator
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

    Did you email them back and receive a response? It's possible that the email is not really from Blizzard, but appears to be due to a spoofed address. It's very rare, but I've seen it happen.

    Then again, maybe it's just a mistake.

  • RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Sounds like an administrative balls-up.  But you never know, could just be a really sophisticated phishing scam!

    Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

  • EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by Vormir


    Yep, I was stunned!
    First I thought it was from a dummy domain. someone that at a later stage would ask me for details.
    Then i got worried, because i had personal information on that account.
    Now, I'm more relax, since the only since I did that could hurt Blizzard was to cancel my account.
    So, dont forget to change your password frequently and dont give it to anyone, even your cat :)
    cheers
    Hehe, whew! My cat passed away about three months ago. The password is safe!

    image
    Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

  • paperclaypaperclay Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Vormir


    Hello friends,
    This is not a joke of anykind.
    Today when i got home from work I got an email form blizzard account admin, saying my account was closed due to exploting and that my credit card was free from future billing. nothing new here but...
    I DONT have a WoW account, nor am I a player.
    I created a 10 day trial account last summer , canceled it after 8 days - 2006 and my credit card was never billed for that. They say my recurrent billing in the email.
    NOTE: it is not a FAKE email. it comes from blizzard. Since i worked for 3 years in the industry as a QA tech and exploits GM, i told them I'm fully available to help them to solve this.
    I dont know if anyone got this email, but heads up friends. someone is hacking past trial accounts to mess up the game. and someone else's life.
    So, take care all and good gaming. reminder: DONT give your account details to anyone. I didnt. thats the odd stuff.
    Cheers
    or maybe there are some virus that have a adware that you have visited and you didn't mean to install in your pc...
  • tikitiki Member Posts: 395
    now that u bring this up somthing simular happened to me, i got a e-mail saying my account was suspended for being PLed but i canceled my account a year before then

    East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

    Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

    Waiting on: Earthrise

    Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

Sign In or Register to comment.