Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

V:SOH What just Happened.

The Vision of a Huge world, one massive world that no other mmo can rival. Wow this does sound awsome in paper, yet poor in execution.

Servers can hold up to 3k to 5k tops,So was it a good idea to make a world so massive? That answer is no.

Not only didnt sigils team didnt have the resorces and time to finish it, players have a hard time finding others as they start to lvl. Even some players do admit its to Massive.

If only sigil would have released one continent at a time, work and polish each one. Not only they would have had a polished start, people would have bought the expantions adding all 3 continents and 19 races in a polished state. After all look how eq2 and guild wars have released countless expantions and sold em to their fans. Some expantions came out a few months after said games were realeased.

Im going to sell you a dream.

Comments

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    I really don't get the "empty world" arguements... I have toons on Tag, Flo & Vark, and there are TONS of people everywhere... I'm sick of blind invite spamming...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• PraxusPraxus Member Posts: 266
    Lol nice username dork :)

I love the game; but agree it didn't need to be so large. Thestra and Qalia would have been fine, and then they could have put more work into bug fixing etc. Also you'd have a higher density of players which would be good for grouping.

the Game still kicks a$$ though. Except for the odd annoying, though usually minor bug.
  • XenovoyanceXenovoyance Member Posts: 4
    Can only agree Praxus. Even with current bugs it's really the best mmo out there in my taste. I've tested a bunch of other ones but Vanguard have taken mmo one step further and even thugh people say it's not any good we most certain will see many other mmo take ideas and uniqueness from Vanguard in a near future. Vanguard will get recognition as the best mmo as of now, bugs or no bugs.

And if the recognition wont be with flowers and ballons it will be in the maner of concept beeing found in other titles beacuse many aspects is truly refreshing.

My five cents.

--
    Vanguard: Active|EvE: Semi|Entropia: Semi|WoW: Quit|Guild Wars:Quit|EQ2: Quit|SWG: Quit|Diablo I/II: Quit

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by MX13

I really don't get the "empty world" arguements... I have toons on Tag, Flo & Vark, and there are TONS of people everywhere... I'm sick of blind invite spamming...

Brad McQuaid stated that the world is empty.  It was in a forum post in FoH.  He stated how he understands that many people are experiencing a world is empty syndrome and then he proceeded to talk about how he plans to fix it. He was talking about every area but Thestrian Human, Kojan Human, and Qualia Human areas.

Came from the creator's mouth

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• BirathenBirathen Member Posts: 48
    Don't think MX13 ment the NPC's but actual players. And I agree, with the exception of the goblin starting area I dont go many minutes without running into someone else, where ever I might be.
  • PoldanoPoldano Member Posts: 244

Personally, I like having wide open spaces where there are not a lot of other player characters, especially if there are other areas with lots of player characters. For example, last night I was intending to get into a Trengal Keep group, but when I actually logged in I found I was feeling too out-of-it to actually do any group I was in much good. What I did instead was travel northeast from TK looking for resource nodes in an area I had not much traveled before. I found a goodly bunch of dry oak that probably could be sequence-farmed, without other people around to compete with. There were enough L20+ mobs around to keep the crafting-only PCs away.

After I did a couple rounds of that area, I went off to look around the Brennan's Stead area, currently unpopulated with some T4 trees at the west end. I did a couple rounds of that, found some T4 stone nodes I had not seen before, then cloudwalked down the cliffs to the north shore. I saw that the shoreline was populated by L27 mobs of some wierd kind, and that an island close to the shore had some unicorns on it. I continued east toward the Thestra ship quest starter location. There is a guardhouse there, and clicking on the guard (who I didn't remember from before) I found a bit of lore that herds of unicorns used to populate the area. I decided to remember the unicorn information for future reference, because it is quite possibly relevant to a way to get a unicorn mount when they become available.

Continuing on, still cloud-walking, I passed the Red Robin area and came close to the ghost area by the shipwrecks. There were a lot of underwater mobs in addition to the ghosts, but I didn't exactly feel like dealing with them. I remembered that I had not done but one of the Red Robin quests, so I picked those up and went off to find the Red Robin island. I finished one, and scoped out the others, which looked to require more time, skill, or companions than I currently possessed, so I decided to punt that activity and pick it up later if the urge took me. These were not hard quests, but they were after all labeled "group", and I did determine that I couldn't pick off the individual NPCs without getting a train of about 7 or 8 of them.

I decided to do some stone harvesting to get to T4 harvesting ability, so as to be able to harvest the T4 stone nodes I found. I recalled myself down to Three Rivers Village, which I remain bound to because of its central location, and ran around the Stonemasher area a few times whacking sandstone and slate nodes until I got to 300+ quarrying. Mission accomplished, I decided it was time to call it a night. I sold off the vendor trash and unnecessary slate acquired, and camped close to the mailbox to check for any sales or messages when next I logged in.

By the way, I made a quarter level of adventuring without even trying, just by clearing out harvesting nodes and slaughtering banditos for the heck of it. It's a big "empty" world, just the way I like it.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Poldano

Personally, I like having wide open spaces where there are not a lot of other player characters, especially if there are other areas with lots of player characters.  
    I truly respect your opinion and sometimes I enjoy that as well; but seeing as it is a MMO, many MMO players may disagree with you

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.