Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

simple,easy, short, and THE MOST REALISTIC analysis of VG

here is the very simple, easy, and short anaylsis of vg.

graphics: 9.5 ---> looks great and will only get better with better hardware in the future.  game built for the future and it will take full advantage of it.  smooth animation, great scenery, nice looking characters.

sound: 9.0 ---> ambience music in town is great, very believable sound effects that have no faults.

gameplay: 10.,0 ---> so many things to do, so many quests to do, such a huge world.  gameplay that requires strategy and patience without mindless button spamming.  boats, houses, and flying mounts only make it better.  add to that, numerous races and classes, as well as diversity in crafting, and a fun mini card game called diplomacy which actually makes a difference.

community: 9.5 ---> can't give it a 10 because of the presence of hater trolls that plague both in game and in forums.  other than that, everyone that actually play the game are nice and mature.

customer service: 9.0 ---> no problems with having my issues, if any, being handled in a relatively timely manner.

performance: 9.0 ---> runs great on my system.  only problem is with chunking when making a switch from one zone to another but there is no loading screen which is a huge plus.  the whiners who claim this game has performance issue either do not have the system for this game or they haven't taken good care of their systems.  don't listen to these people.

potential for improvement: 10.0 ---> it can only get better.  the devs have been releasing patches regularly to add more content.

THIS IS THE ONLY REALISTIC, YET SIMPLE, SHORT, AND EASY ANALYSIS OF VG THAT EXIST ON THIS FORUM.  THIS IS YOUR BIBLE.  TRUST NO OTHER.

BUY VANGUARD!

PLAY IT!

LOVE IT!

Comments

• mcquaidedmcquaided Member Posts: 157
    YOU HAVE BEEN MCQUAIDED.

AND ANYONE ELSE WHO BELIVES THIS.

Im going to sell you a dream.

• StoneysilencStoneysilenc Member Posts: 369
    I smell a shill.

• derf26derf26 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Hero5937GX

graphics: 9.5 ---> looks great and will only get better with better hardware in the future.  game built for the future and it will take full advantage of it.  smooth animation, great scenery, nice looking characters.
    sound: 9.0 ---> ambience music in town is great, very believable sound effects that have no faults.
    gameplay: 10.,0 ---> so many things to do, so many quests to do, such a huge world.  gameplay that requires strategy and patience without mindless button spamming.  boats, houses, and flying mounts only make it better.  add to that, numerous races and classes, as well as diversity in crafting, and a fun mini card game called diplomacy which actually makes a difference.
    community: 9.5 ---> can't give it a 10 because of the presence of hater trolls that plague both in game and in forums.  other than that, everyone that actually play the game are nice and mature.
    customer service: 9.0 ---> no problems with having my issues, if any, being handled in a relatively timely manner.
    performance: 9.0 ---> runs great on my system.  only problem is with chunking when making a switch from one zone to another but there is no loading screen which is a huge plus.  the whiners who claim this game has performance issue either do not have the system for this game or they haven't taken good care of their systems.  don't listen to these people.
    potential for improvement: 10.0 ---> it can only get better.  the devs have been releasing patches regularly to add more content.
    THIS IS THE ONLY REALISTIC, YET SIMPLE, SHORT, AND EASY ANALYSIS OF VG THAT EXIST ON THIS FORUM.  THIS IS YOUR BIBLE.  TRUST NO OTHER.
    BUY VANGUARD!
    PLAY IT!
    LOVE IT!

Alright so someone who writes in massive blue and red text how you should buy Vanguard is unbiased. And clearly the very high ratings you gave the game despite it's way lower average review ratings from professional sites is also a testimony to how amazingly honest and neutral you are.

All jokes aside. Your review is short and simple, and therefore inherently wrong. A game like Vanguard has many advantages and disadvamtages and people must decide for themselves which advantages or disadvantages are more important to them, and only then buy the game. You see only the advantages, and in many cases you lie too. I wonder if you even played the game. On second thought no I don't, I just wish you would STFU.

If I had written so much bullshit in a so called "review" of a game and probably influenced a few weak minded fools to waste their money on it, i'd feel bad. Getting people into a game with false expectations of grandeur only makes things worse as they'll be back on these and other forums very soon with hatred.

The worst part is that you claim this to be the only "realistic" review, and that you openly tell others not to listen to any other reviewers. By what right may you speak but silence others? This is the internet, everyone has a right to an opinion, and to type it up. But not everyone (you included) has the automatic right to be taken seriously.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

graphics: 9.5---> looks great and will only get better with better hardware in the future.  game built for the future and it will take full advantage of it.  smooth animation, great scenery, nice looking characters.
    Reality: 7.5 - Great potential, but needs work.
    Reality: 8.5 - Buggy, but very enjoyable.
    Reality: 7.5 - Huge potential, and fun, but incomplete.
    Reality: 9 - Depends on the server, but overall it's good.
    Reality: SOE 1 / Sigil 10 - Ingame is great, but SOE (billing & Tech) is horrible.
    Reality: 6 - The weakest point of VG is it's performance. Brad has admitted it. Hopefully, it will improve quickly.
    Reality: 10 - This a dedicate Dev Team & Leadership.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• AriocArioc Member Posts: 299
    My font is bigger then your font, thus my statment holds more truth.

Arioc Murkwood
    Environment Artist
    Sad but true.

• Hero5937GXHero5937GX Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by derf26

Alright so someone who writes in massive blue and red text how you should buy Vanguard is unbiased. And clearly the very high ratings you gave the game despite it's way lower average review ratings from professional sites is also a testimony to how amazingly honest and neutral you are.

i never said my analysis was not biased.  in fact i did not even use the word that spells out b-i-a-s-e-d.  the way lower average review rating is from vg troll haters who continuously bash the game for no reason whatsoever.  if u say i am biased, then they are just as biased as i am.  i dont see u flaming them for that.  and as far as your last statement, this is MY analysis based on MY experience and contains nothing but absolute truth from MY experience.  that makes me honest and as far as being neutral goes, there is no neutral.  u either like it or you don't. take it or leave it.

All jokes aside. Your review is short and simple, and therefore inherently wrong. A game like Vanguard has many advantages and disadvamtages and people must decide for themselves which advantages or disadvantages are more important to them, and only then buy the game. You see only the advantages, and in many cases you lie too. I wonder if you even played the game. On second thought no I don't, I just wish you would STFU.

this is MY "analysis" and i did not say it was a "review".  and just because my post was short and simple, it is wrong?  yes i see many many advantages but i never lied.  what you expect me to do? give me low scores even tho i like the game? is that being honest?  or is your idea of honest only limited to continuous troll bashing that never stops.  and yes i did play the game and i am still playing it and loving it thx.  and why u ask me to stfu... i have my rights to post here. this is a fan site and i love the game and i am telling people why i love the game.  all u haters think that any post that is remotely positive about this game is all fanboi and yadda yadda yeah and u resort to downright flaming by stating something like stfu.

If I had written so much bullshit in a so called "review" of a game and probably influenced a few weak minded fools to waste their money on it, i'd feel bad. Getting people into a game with false expectations of grandeur only makes things worse as they'll be back on these and other forums very soon with hatred.

like i said i wrote an "analysis" not a "review".  i have no intention to jip anyone of their pocket.  i am only saying what i saw, what i see, and what i expect to see in the future.  and each and every individual is expected to set his own expectation on anything, and vg is no exception.   if they dont like the game and come back and start endless hatred filled flaming for weeks on then they r only lowering themselves.

The worst part is that you claim this to be the only "realistic" review, and that you openly tell others not to listen to any other reviewers. By what right may you speak but silence others? This is the internet, everyone has a right to an opinion, and to type it up. But not everyone (you included) has the automatic right to be taken seriously.

i said do not listen to people like u who are constant force determined to stop at nothing other than seeing or hearing that vg is destroyed.  would that make u happy?  is that why people of ur kind keep coming back here day after day after day posting this game sucks this game is horrible what a pos yadda yadda?  with this post what makes YOU think you have the right to silence me?  if u say everyone has the right to an opinion, then so do I.  and u r the one who told me to stfu.  yeah way to be taken so seriously... haha

• ShadrakShadrak Member Posts: 375

If Vanguard was as good as you claim it wouldnt need such constant and rabid defending because EVERYONE would be playing it and having a grand time.

I too smell a shill... a viral shill to boot.

• DMEnocDMEnoc Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by Shadrak
    If Vanguard was as good as you claim it wouldnt need such constant and rabid defending because EVERYONE would be playing it and having a grand time.

Well it does need rabid defending because there are rabid haters out there. If you have 100k people and 2k are vocal haters, spamming every possible resource with either complete fabrications or half truths and do nothing to combat it, you are going to have some severe issues getting subs.

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

graphics: 9.5 ---> Blah blah
    sound: 9.0 ---> Blah blech blah
    gameplay: 10.,0 ---> Bloopy blah
    community: 9.5 ---> yadda yadda blah blah
    customer service: 9.0 ---> Blah
    performance: 9.0 ---> Blah blah yadda yadda
    THIS IS THE ONLY REALISTIC, YET SIMPLE, SHORT, AND EASY ANALYSIS OF VG THAT EXIST ON THIS FORUM. THIS IS YOUR BIBLE. TRUST NO OTHER.
    BUY VANGUARD!
    PLAY IT!
    LOVE IT!
    Blah blah, Pay attention to me! blah blah

*yawn*

Originally posted by DMEnoc

Well it does need rabid defending because there are rabid haters out there. If you have 100k people and 2k are vocal haters, spamming every possible resource with either complete fabrications or half truths and do nothing to combat it, you are going to have some severe issues getting subs.

If it was as good as they say then the subs would show it.  Hence why WoW is huge but yet has quite a vocal and vicious hater crowd but it yet somehow survives and continues to grow.  Vanguard can't survive a few haters and stand on it's own then it must be something wrong.

• DMEnocDMEnoc Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by Stoneysilenc

If it was as good as they say then the subs would show it. Hence why WoW is huge but yet has quite a vocal and vicious hater crowd but it yet somehow survives and continues to grow. Vanguard can't survive a few haters and stand on it's own then it must be something wrong.

They do show their subs. McQuaid has said that there are about 150k subs. zOh wait, I forgot, you can't trust anything McQuaid says.

Originally posted by Stoneysilenc

If it was as good as they say then the subs would show it. Hence why WoW is huge but yet has quite a vocal and vicious hater crowd but it yet somehow survives and continues to grow. Vanguard can't survive a few haters and stand on it's own then it must be something wrong.

They do show their subs. McQuaid has said that there are about 150k subs. zOh wait, I forgot, you can't trust anything McQuaid says.

Nope, I don't trust that number from McQuaid, everything I read from McQuaid is almost a carbon copy of what David Bowman said during Horizons release.  It's almost as if they were the same person.

• healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    I was reluctant to reply to provide any credence to this viral marketing.

I have removed Vanguard from my system today (love all the space I have because I bought 80gb 10k rpm thinking that Vanguard would be the only game I would play for years).  I also removed the Vanguard map from my wall today. 

I am going to buy Lord of the Rings Online preorder right now. LOL.
  • 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    Sorry, but someone who spams fanboi posts for this game everywhere is not someone I'd like to pay attention to, even if you post more than three paragraph's it doesn't make those three paragraphs smart, bye now!

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    This guy must have been an SOE marketer or something to try and pull this off, either that or he's just some idiot *giggles to himself*

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

That has to be quite possibly the stupidest thing I've seen posted yet from either side of this production. Just another troll.

You want a simple, easy, short, and THE MOST REALISTIC analysis:

Incomplete.

Simple, easy, short, and I think both sides can agree it's realistic.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    He stated that they have 150k copies sold and that not many people canceled. This leads me to believe that there are not 150k active subs, and that "not many" could be 5k or it could be 25k. We will not know until they announce it for this month.

• Hero5937GXHero5937GX Member Posts: 55

where is the enthusiasm?

positive > negative.

and no for the last time, i am not working for anyone, and this is not viral marketing.  i am an ordinary player who just likes this game and posts on this forum.

you may post all those negative posts and even put up some silly pictures of a troll doll all you want, but nothing will change the fact that vanguard is the greatest mmo ever made.

besides who else in this forum actually posts more realistic, complete, yet simple and easy analysis aka review other than myself?

BUY VANGUARD !!

PLAY IT !!

LOVE IT !!

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

where is the enthusiasm?
    positive > negative.
    and no for the last time, i am not working for anyone, and this is not viral marketing.  i am an ordinary player who just likes this game and posts on this forum.
    you may post all those negative posts and even put up some silly pictures of a troll doll all you want, but nothing will change the fact that vanguard is the greatest mmo ever made.
    besides who else in this forum actually posts more realistic, complete, yet simple and easy analysis aka review other than myself?

BUY VANGUARD !!
    PLAY IT !!
    LOVE IT !!
    /sigh, you're losing your touch.  You didn't even make it big that time.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

I was okay with this final message he puts in his posts up until the third through 12th time I had to see it. It is just senseless spam that in now doing more harm than good.

• Drea-merDrea-mer Member Posts: 217

OK!

You forgot to mention a few things about this "great community" OP.

The 40 richest people in Vanguard have chinese names..........GOLD FARMERS.

Noone socializes in Vanguard, everyone is buying plat and everyone is cheating on missives atm.

You get spammed with "buy gold on site X" ever fucking time.

Noone will group with you past lvl 30 unless they're in your guild.

Noone is on and some servers are just empty.

Everyone is a Vanboy.

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672
    Dude, you give good viral.
  • healz4uhealz4u Member Posts: 1,065
    Originally posted by tetsul

That has to be quite possibly the stupidest thing I've seen posted yet from either side of this production. Just another troll.
    You want a simple, easy, short, and THE MOST REALISTIC analysis:
    Incomplete.
    Simple, easy, short, and I think both sides can agree it's realistic.
    LOL.

I would also say yours is accurate.
  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

Indeed...if Vanguard was as good as the OP claims,  don't you think they would of opened more servers by now as a game THIS good would be benefiting from that "Viral Marketing".

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)