Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.5 million sold tbc copies = Wow losing subs?

TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
Well, Who isnt lvl 60 first of all? Its quite easy...

And if you are lvl 60 and havent bought TBC than it's just retarded since you cant do anything.

SO if there was 8 million subs before tbc and only 3.5 copies make it 4.5 million hasent bought tbc? are these guys still playing without tbc?

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

Comments

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    From where, did you pull this 3.5m number?

---

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    The TBC was only launched in EU/NA to current player base of 3.5 million, selling 3.5million boxes to 3.5million players is rather good. Source: www.blizzard.com/press/070307.shtml

TBC will be launched in asia in a few months.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Hmmm... When will these doomsday theories stop? Seems like they always keep coming, and always with new evidence. Usually not any confirmation behind the information they are putting forward, and usually not very good arguments.

My opinion is; No I don't believe they are losing very much subscribers. They surely lost a few, but they also gained new ones. More evidence and say where u got the info (3.5milllion) and I will maybe rethink

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Trubaduren

And if you are lvl 60 and havent bought TBC than it's just retarded since you cant do anything.

SO if there was 8 million subs before tbc and only 3.5 copies make it 4.5 million hasent bought tbc? are these guys still playing without tbc?

Plenty of people that are still lvl 60 and saying you cant do anything shows that you know nothing about the game. The content pre-tbc is still there for people that don't want to get the expansion pack and you also have pvp. TBC hasn't been released in Asia yet, enough said.
  • NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Godliest

Hmmm... When will these doomsday theories stop? Seems like they always keep coming, and always with new evidence. Usually not any confirmation behind the information they are putting forward, and usually not very good arguments.
    My opinion is; No I don't believe they are losing very much subscribers. They surely lost a few, but they also gained new ones. More evidence and say where u got the info (3.5milllion) and I will maybe rethink
    The guy was just asking what I see as a perfectly reasonable question.

If it is true that TBC hasn't been released in Asia yet then this would (almost) account for the other 4.5 million subscribers I guess.

Also Cupertino posted this link www.blizzard.com/press/070307.shtml in the post right above yours which is the source of the figures.

image .............image

• paperclaypaperclay Member Posts: 53
    i dont think thats nice, over 8.5 milllion players playing w0w and how come it only has 3.5million copies sold?that means there are something fishy out there
  • NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by paperclay

i dont think thats nice, over 8.5 milllion players playing w0w and how come it only has 3.5million copies sold?that means there are something fishy out there
    What part of 'it hasn't been released in Asia' didn't you understand?

image .............image

• TyrScotiTyrScoti Member Posts: 26

Sir/Ma'am,

For one, perhaps this 8.5 million subscriber's is an gross number?  I mean to say that perhaps, that from launch to current day, there has been a total of 8.5 million subs?  Where is this calculationand realse ofstatistics thatdeclares there are 8.5 million current subs and not an accumulation of subs?

Just wondering...I keep hearing this number but I have no idea what it actually relates to.  Anyone care to Bslap me with some information, please?

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    They stated if it was not an active paying account when they did the count, it does not count. People on free trials and buddy passes do not count. I would like to know if they count business subs, as the company I work for pays for our online gaming so long as we don't reach x amount per month.

• TyrScotiTyrScoti Member Posts: 26

Whitedelight,

Thanks for the info.

Would you happen to have a link, where they said those things? Thanks in advance.

"Good gaming to all and to all a good game."

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586
    Can we have a sticky with the Blizzard Subscriber Definition?

The amount of people who say  "Ahhh... but it can't really be 8.5million active paying customers..." and then theorize as to how Blizzard is tricking everyone, and how Asian players don't coun't 'cos they have a different economy, or something, is really quite staggering.

It would save a lot of tin foil, at the very least.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539
    Originally posted by green1323

LevelMyth is a professional powerleveling site, the  power leveling group has been created for few years,and have completed  a great deal o orders . Cheap price and safe service.  choose it  and you will be up to  high level

Reported.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    No, I do not have the link to it, but if you check a couple of topics around here I am sure it is all  over everwhere. I am not actually a fan of WoW, I just tend to participate in the most active topics trying to clear things up.

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

I have a feeling that we're not going to receive a link for these consumer facts?

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by SWGLover
    Reported.

Thanks for reposting the link for him, dummy.

Now when the staff get around to deleting the original, he can still count on people like you for free advertising.

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539
    Originally posted by Aethios

Originally posted by SWGLover

Reported.

Thanks for reposting the link for him, dummy.

Now when the staff get around to deleting the original, he can still count on people like you for free advertising.

Ummmm, what link?

World of Warcraft®'s Subscriber Definition

World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees' territories are defined along the same rules.

That is how blizzard count subs and base their numbers on, as you can see there is no under-hand figuery-pokery going on, its clear who they count.

This definition is present on all their press releases. www.blizzard.com/press/

and the link showing 3.5million sold and that its NOT out in china yet: www.blizzard.com/press/070307.shtml

/LOCK!

• XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    3.5 Million were sold in the FIRST DAY, there are also other days to buy the games..... duh you a retard..?!?!

some people would rather buy the game a few days later than stand in the que of millions on the first day

OMG its so simple, you a retard??
    Originally posted by Xeratix

3.5 Million were sold in the FIRST DAY, there are also other days to buy the games..... duh you a retard..?!?!

some people would rather buy the game a few days later than stand in the que of millions on the first day

OMG its so simple, you a retard??
    Not sure if this is a pro WoW reply or not.. and who your calling a retard.. in fact w00t?

and it was 2.4million sold on the first day and 3.5million in the first month.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

No. First of all, those are only 3,5 million copies in the first month, and thats only in the US/EU because the expansions hadn't launched yet in asia at the time of the report. also take into consideration that not everybody is level 60, and not everybody is intrested in buying the expansions. also, not everybody will buy the expansion the first mont. I, for example, purchased the Burning Crusade about a month after the release date. The press release clearly states a new record of 8,5  million has been broken, so no, they are not losing subscribers.
  • TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    We'll see after Asia, wont we?

But this game cant keep these subs numbers upp for a longer time, they will drop soon. No that Blizzard will show it, of course.

Not even the most retards that enjoy doing the same thing over and over again cant do it over and over again for to damn long time (or am i wrong?)

We'll see.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by cupertino

World of Warcraft®'s Subscriber Definition

World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees' territories are defined along the same rules.

That is how blizzard count subs and base their numbers on, as you can see there is no under-hand figuery-pokery going on, its clear who they count.

This definition is present on all their press releases. www.blizzard.com/press/

and the link showing 3.5million sold and that its NOT out in china yet: www.blizzard.com/press/070307.shtml

/LOCK!
    Nice try with the facts and all.  But I think people on this board are more interested in flaming each other and pulling numbers out of their butt when it comes to WoW.  Still, nice post.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

We'll see after Asia, wont we?

But this game cant keep these subs numbers upp for a longer time, they will drop soon. No that Blizzard will show it, of course.

Not even the most retards that enjoy doing the same thing over and over again cant do it over and over again for to damn long time (or am i wrong?)

We'll see.
    Pretty sure your wrong, before WoW, Everquest and Ultima Online kept growing for 4 years.
  • aodoineaodoine Member Posts: 24

I can tell the loss is quite significant, I played WoW since the alpha stress test for the UI and login. My buddies and I were please to play this retard game over filled with 5 years old kids... We now are far from WoW and that means at least 20 peeps+++ I know that's not much but by what i hear see and read on forums WoW isn't the 1st MMO now it's only an average game for average player s who need to kill some noobs on the way to an Instance.

WoW is definitely not a good MMO even if I spent the last 3 years in.

• mindmeldmindmeld Member UncommonPosts: 229
    wow is still one of the better mmorpg games outthere will something else come and take that position of course but i doubt any other mmorpg will raise same insane sellfigures that wow has in the near future.

Reason is that wow was extremely polished at retail compared to a lot of other mmorpg i know and they interface was easy but still complex enough so you could build your own interface and such, and it still is better than any other game out in that apartment.

Also graphic wasnt that taxing on you computer also it had a real nice feel to it.

And a added bonus the gane t had the lore from previous warcraft games extremely well integrated that many people liked even if its was changed a bit to suite the game.

Its a excellent game for a beginner and semi player.

also wow is best for the casual player outthere i dont see any other mmorpg that can say the same .

Im prob gonna try out some other games this year and maybe they will replace the fun i had in wow for the last 3years.

-Semper ubi sub ubi!
    always wear underwear