Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: A Dragon's Revenge Website Launched

Dark Age of Camelot launches A Dragon's Revenge Website with latest patch.

EA Mythic today announced the launch of the
website for the new Camelot Campaign, A Dragon's Revenge, as well as the
release of the latest Dark Age of Camelot patch, version 1.88. The website
contains stunning in-game screenshots, storyline background and insight on
each realm's new breathtaking dragon. Patch version 1.88 features a complete
revamp of the archery system, a sharp increase in the amount of bounty point
rewards and more.

A Dragon's Revenge offers players a unique, action-packed six-month story
arc with new content released every two weeks. Dormant for centuries,
Camelot's dragons have grown restless and have descended upon peaceful
villages throughout the Realms. Patch 1.88 marks the next stage in this
exciting story -- and tales of horror await those in the path of the
dragons' wrath.

Influenced directly by players' actions, the Dragon's Revenge story arc
offers high-level players many new opportunities to wield their high-caliber
skills, while opening new mysteries that players of all levels can explore.
To see screenshots of the fearsome dragons and learn more about the exciting
new campaign, visit: www.darkageofcamelot.com/adragonsrevenge.

Read more here.

Comments

• HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    This is great to hear. More MMOs need to do weekly content like this to keep players involved. Nothing would make me sign on more then knowing some new quests await to further a storyline every 2 weeks.
  • FensusFensus Member Posts: 211
    If only Mythic had noticed that their pve system was lacking and done this ages ago.. rather than just implement ways to circumvent slow leveling... eg. instances with massive xp bonuses
  • AnvirAnvir Member Posts: 131
    Sounds good but the Midgard's puppy look's rather hrmm.. cute...
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Nice, I want to check out some of this new gear, that armour looks great !
  • tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Sounds very nice on the surface.

Anyone want to bet though, that this content is VERY raid oriented ?

Im reminded of EQ days, when gms used to take control of dragons and attack zones.It was basically "get slaughtered" for most players, and "great fun" for the raid guilds.

Be nice if this turned out to be different.But i think its more likely that Mythic will start paying people $15 a month to play their game,than they would actually take a new approach to the same old guild first concept mmos choose to live by.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686
    Originally posted by tkobo

Sounds very nice on the surface.
    Anyone want to bet though, that this content is VERY raid oriented ?
    Im reminded of EQ days, when gms used to take control of dragons and attack zones.It was basically "get slaughtered" for most players, and "great fun" for the raid guilds.
    Be nice if this turned out to be different.But i think its more likely that Mythic will start paying people $15 a month to play their game,than they would actually take a new approach to the same old guild first concept mmos choose to live by.
    Actually nope, it is all very much small-group friendly, some of it even soloable.

I don't know how anyone can really say DAoC ever had the "guild first concept" you appear to be so bitter about... Well, there was ToA, I admit *ducks flung tomatos* but we've fixed that, it can hardly be considered raid content now. Heck, with the latest patch that went live yesterday you don't even have to do ANY of it any more, you can just get credit for all of ToA solely through RvRing...

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Sorry but,FAR too many years of devs saying one thing, when its clearly another, for me to simply take a devs word.

So lets be VERY clear here.

These dragons attack cities at random ?

When the dragons attack,Players in these cities are not going to be killed by the dragon simply because they are there ?

A single player can in fact defeat these dragon attacks by himself ?

The quests involved are not group oriented,raid oriented quests , that a single player cannot complete on his/her own ?And i dont mean one or two quests can be soloed,I mean the majority of the quests including ALL the important story advancing ones.

Are there any quests that can ONLY be done by soloers ?

And be sure to provide confirmable examples.

Oh, and RvR is hardly solo friendly.

• Halleck2Halleck2 Member Posts: 4

Tkobo, it's an mmo.  It's a shock to you they are going to design content for groups rather than solo primarily?  Get real.  Play a single player rpg, that's all solo and you won't get owned by dragons I promise lol.

Of course, with DaoC's population problems these days I would suggest small group stuff is the primary pve experience.  RvR would be situational but if you want to solo in there play a stealth char.  There are always ways to get to the goal you are looking for.  Even ToA was doable if you just sucked it up for a week and did the damn ML's.  Anyone who whines about that expansion fails at life, sorry.

Oh please. That lame old "but you should group, its an mmo" is just that .Lame and old.

Its one of the major killers of mmos populations, just behind bad dev decisions.

When you craft in an mmo, do you need to group to do so ? Oh my god, but why not, its an mmo.

When you travel from one town or location to another, do you need others to hold your hand ? Oh my god, why not its an MMO.

Do you need to group to use your trainer ?

Do you need to group to buy something from a vender ?

Do you need to group to talk on chat ?

Do you need to call up your friends and all gather at someones house to pay for your monthly mmo bill ?

BUT OH MY GOD< WHY NOT ? ITS AN MMO !

Some day dev teams are gonna get a clue.People will group because they want to, even if they dont have to.And they will be happier in those groups becuase they know they didnt have to be in them.

Forcing it just limits the paying customer it ways that hurt the game itself.But it wont happen anytime soon, because right now  their owns dev teams are  an MMO's worst enemy.

Talk about an industry suffering under the wieght of its dinosaur masters.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686
    Nope, you got me, I'm lieing... I have nothing better to do than come lie to stick up for a game that isn't even my responsibility... Check my Sig... I'm the WARHAMMER Community Manager, not DAoC.

I was simply passing along some info that I happen to know from playing the game, cause quite honestly, I don't deal with the DAoC Dev team much if at all anymore, I have my own game and own Dev team to deal with.

But like I said, you're right, it's all raid content and forced grouping, please don't play it.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Go get em Richard! :) thanks for showing support for DAoC :)

DAoC rocks!

Oh sure, way to dodge actually having to answer the questions that would show how your wrong.A MMO Dev at his best, no doubt.

Mythic is mythic, just like sony is sony.

Oh and about  me "not playing your game", dont worry, like most of the other mmo community i wont.Though i really cant understand how you sleep at night with such an incredibly poor job performance showing,Whats DAoCs subcriber base? Is it even 150k ?

What was it at its highest 240K ?Doesnt it just tear you up to realize if your company had actually made a game the community wanted to play ,you'd have numbers better than 5X those ?

Guess you'll just have to try and find other ways to inaccurately hype your game in the small but meager hope of getting some of those others NOT playing your game to give you their money.

But thanks for coming by and showing once again, how almost all the current devs in the MMO industry try to work off of empty hype and hero worship, instead of actually making a game people will want to play .

• TalentTalent Member UncommonPosts: 51

I'm happy DAoC has less people. It weeds out most of the MMO garbage players (thanks to WoW)

Thanks for the link

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

It all sounds good, I wish Mythic well.

However.....

It's too little too late. First, let me state that I loved DAoC - I played for three years and stuck through even ToA. But the player base is gone. I refused to leave the Perc RP server and watched the population dwindle away. It's a rare day that the population peaks over 200 on my old server ( it's 126 on the Server Status at this moment ) and that is just too few players to even make it feel like a MMORPG.

An empty game is fun for nobody. And that's something that Mythic *can't* fix.