Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

...I just can't play anymore

2»

Comments

• deathgagedeathgage Member Posts: 28
    also if you want something completely different and casual friendly try EvE. real time lvling learning systems ROCK. left WoW myself  when i realized all this but its didnt take me half as long as it took most you been in EvE ever since though. I love everything about the game from the learning system to blow the hell out of other peoples ships very great PvP system i think haha attack who you want were you want also has a bounty system for the person you really dislike
  • 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    I have to say I don't think that EVE is really a casual game to be honest, sure, you can level skills offline, but then you have to wait for ages for a skill to go up the higher you go rather than actually put effort in and get it in a few hours so it's more time based rather than grind base, the same goes for the missions that you do and the PvP, takes a lot of organisation for the PvP to happen especially if your in a fleet and the same goes for if you want to do any mining runs and whatnot. I think EVE is a great idea, but I honestly do not think it is as casual as people claim really.

I'm playing Ryzom myself, I think it is a mix of casual and hardcore gaming, the reason being you can easily solo creatures and NPC's on your own without having to really put much effort into it and levelling is relatively fast if you get yourself the right equipment, I haven't explored it yet but there is also grouping which I reckon would be for the more hardcore gamer who want to level up a bit like in World of Warcraft where you run around with your party killing hordes of NPC's and Creatures, it isn't a very demanding game that you have to pour everything into, at least in my opinion, though EVE is definitely a good game in it's own right

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by 0k21

I have to say I don't think that EVE is really a casual game to be honest, sure, you can level skills offline, but then you have to wait for ages for a skill to go up the higher you go rather than actually put effort in and get it in a few hours so it's more time based rather than grind base, the same goes for the missions that you do and the PvP, takes a lot of organisation for the PvP to happen especially if your in a fleet and the same goes for if you want to do any mining runs and whatnot. I think EVE is a great idea, but I honestly do not think it is as casual as people claim really.

I'm playing Ryzom myself, I think it is a mix of casual and hardcore gaming, the reason being you can easily solo creatures and NPC's on your own without having to really put much effort into it and levelling is relatively fast if you get yourself the right equipment, I haven't explored it yet but there is also grouping which I reckon would be for the more hardcore gamer who want to level up a bit like in World of Warcraft where you run around with your party killing hordes of NPC's and Creatures, it isn't a very demanding game that you have to pour everything into, at least in my opinion, though EVE is definitely a good game in it's own right
    I agree.  In my experience EVE is not casual at all, really.  I mean the skill training system is casual friendly in that you do not have to grind skills up, but that's it.  Everything in EVE takes money, and money has to be grinded one way or the other.  PvP, serious PvP, not half-assed nonsense, takes a lot of organization, planning and dedicated blocks of time running patrols, engaging in fleet operations or covert ops behind the scenes, inflitrating other organizations ... it's my experience that the top set of players in EVE (let's say 10 to 15 thousand who really play the alliance game, the game that CCP wanted the players to play), play the game like a second job, and take it no less seriously.  White papers about resource acquisition exercises and logistics.  Scouting reports done behind enemy lines.  Long political conversations with various alliances, lining up friends and enemies.  Long hours spent fitting ships, trying different setups, testing and the like.  EVE is like a virtual life, perhaps more than any other game, and the most succesful EVE players certainly play the game like it is a second job, perhaps even more important to them than their first.